Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 13:29   #1291
BHPian

Re: Amazon India - Pathetic customer care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Amazon still have not delivered the product or issued me a refund. Tomorrow is a holiday and next week there are hardly one or two working days.
This is very strange. I had a different experience.

I had ordered a camera from Amazon.in and that was not despatched by the deadline. I went to amazon.in and selected "call me back" option. Within next 5 seconds (yes seconds), a customer rep called. He listened to my problem and apologised. He said that they will confirm with seller about delivery and if Seller says that they are unable, they will cancel the order and provide the refund. I got a call in an hour time confirming that refund will be processed. Within next 2 days, I had my account credited with the amount.

Overall pleasant experience. Since then I have continued shopping with items and they service is no less than Flipkart's. Amazing.
Old 10th April 2014, 16:27   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Slightly OT but found the info here a little concerning. I am not a techie and hence unable to understand the nuances of the bug. What I understood from this:
1. hackers can access encryption keys of SSL and gain access to all so called secure transactions and use the info to impersonate
2. User credentials can be accessed by hackers

This was posted by Flipkart on their FB page and they claim that they are not affected by this bug. Can someone translate this into layman terms and explain the risks?

Edit: Found this thread which to a certain extent clarifies the risk

Last edited by procrj : 10th April 2014 at 16:55.
Old 10th April 2014, 17:07   #1293
BHPian

Ordered a tennis racquet from Snapdeal (Prepaid) and a laptop (COD). The laptop is yet to be delivered 48 hrs after the scheduled delivery date but the racquet delayed for more than 72 hours and finally cancelled by Snapdeal.
They had no courtesy to inform about the problem nor respond to my queries before the cancellation. The racquet still listed on the site. Finally got the same racquet from flipkart for about Rs. 50 more and already in transit to my nearest hub (in under 24 hrs).
I never had decent shopping experience with Snapdeal, even though I bought a few things from them earlier, while it has always been excellent with Flipkart.
I hope Snapdeal doesn't think that by pricing their products lower than the competition will help them grow exponentially. There is that one small thing called customer service which matters big time.
Old 10th April 2014, 17:19   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a Dell 15R Laptop from SnapDeal a week back.Made online payment.
The pricing was unmatched for the specification (15.6' Touchscreen,windows 8,16GB RAM,i7 4th Gen) and it got delivered in exactly a day to my place.
Happy with SnapDeals service :thumbup:

The packaging was good, could've been it bit better , but can be overlooked
Old 16th April 2014, 23:45   #1295
BHPian

I ordered for 5 Pens (3 types/ 1 Make) from Snapdeal (COD). Though it was a single order and was despatched from the same vendor, there where 5 different consignments and 5 payments I had to make. Delivery was on the same day though . I feel, if it was a single consignment the costs of delivery could have been brought down, though it didnt make any difference to me as it was on free delivery terms.

Kiran
Old 26th April 2014, 23:17   #1296
BHPian

I ordered prescription medicines from dawaicart.com. I had a great experience. Good order process - you place the order, upload a scan of your prescription, they check inventory and send you an invoice on your email witha link to pay.
Payment options including credit, debit or netbanking. Lots of good communication regarding payment receipt. No cod though. Once paid i got the medicines well packaged via indiapost ( speedpost) in 3 days. You can track the order but status are very basic.
Overall great convenience, wonderful service and totally satisfied.
Old 27th April 2014, 09:57   #1297
Senior - BHPian

This is something interesting!

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/34214422.cms

Name:  ForumRunner_20140427_095735.png
Views: 1116
Size:  323.1 KB
Old 29th April 2014, 10:18   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart launches Same-day Guarantee
Quote:
Order before 12 noon - Get it delivered today. Available in 10 cities:
Currently available in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Kolkata, Manesar, Navi mumbai and Thane
Old 29th April 2014, 15:48   #1299
BHPian

Has anyone else felt that the online shopping experience has plunged downhill starting this financial year?

I live in Thrissur, a moderately large town in Kerala.

- The "deals" are a thing of the past. Low discounts+shipping cost+waiting+no option to "try" stuff means buying from the neighbourhood shops is now much better
- Flipkart has stopped COD to my place
- Jabong and Snapdeal have stopped shipping to my place
- An order I placed on Myntra has not been delivered after 10 days. Used to take 2 or 3 days earlier.

Looks like the online shopping bubble has burst!
Old 1st May 2014, 15:55   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I live in Thrissur, a moderately large town in Kerala.

- Flipkart has stopped COD to my place
- Jabong and Snapdeal have stopped shipping to my place
- An order I placed on Myntra has not been delivered after 10 days. Used to take 2 or 3 days earlier.

Looks like the online shopping bubble has burst!
I live in Varakala (695141) and I am a frequent buyer from both Flipkart and Snapdeal.

Both these sites have stopped shipping to most of the Kerala PINs. Many of the products are "cannot be shipped" to even 695001, the Trivandrum GPO. But try giving a moderate or obscure town in Tamil Nadu bordering Kerala - for example Thackallai (Pin: 629175). Even COD is available!

You are partially right; the online shopping bubble has burst, but in Kerala only.

What could be the reason, I have no idea.

Also see: https://www.facebook.com/flipkart/po...51631254878559

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 1st May 2014 at 15:58.
Old 1st May 2014, 18:09   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
You are partially right; the online shopping bubble has burst, but in Kerala only.

What could be the reason, I have no idea.
Harassment by the Sales-tax authorities must be the reason, as I had read elsewhere.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:20   #1302
BHPian

Are there any online portals where I can buy Indian Magazines (e.g. Forbes India, Outlook, The Week) or International Ones (e.g. Top Gear, Scientific American, Nat Geo, etc)?
I am interested in buying 1 or 2 issues for trial and then start individual subscription.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:03   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
I ordered prescription medicines from dawaicart.com. I had a great experience. Good order process - you place the order, upload a scan of your prescription, they check inventory and send you an invoice on your email witha link to pay.
Payment options including credit, debit or netbanking. Lots of good communication regarding payment receipt. No cod though. Once paid i got the medicines well packaged via indiapost ( speedpost) in 3 days. You can track the order but status are very basic.
Overall great convenience, wonderful service and totally satisfied.
Seeing your post, i had ordered for some medicines ,just to see if they were competitive than the local drug store.The invoice i received from them, for the same medicines, i bought from the local store was Rs 27 more and apart from that it also included another Rs 30 as charges.I cant find any advantage in buying from them if this is the pricing we get.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:13   #1304
Team-BHP Support

Bought a pair of shoes from Snapdeal but turned out to be different from the images displayed in their link. Different sizes indicated different models - I should have known better. Although they did arrange for a pickup through Delhivery Couriers, I chose to send it by DTDC (since this was urgent and I know the DTDC guys here) and sent it yesterday. Also sent them a snap of the docket slip - they refund the courier charges in the form of SD Cash. Over a dozen deals amounting to Rs. 135k - Snapdeal has not disappointed me once; I hope they keep their track record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Are there any online portals where I can buy Indian Magazines (e.g. Forbes India, Outlook, The Week) or International Ones (e.g. Top Gear, Scientific American, Nat Geo, etc)?
I am interested in buying 1 or 2 issues for trial and then start individual subscription.
Try Magzter.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:20   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Seeing your post, i had ordered for some medicines ,just to see if they were competitive than the local drug store.The invoice i received from them, for the same medicines, i bought from the local store was Rs 27 more and apart from that it also included another Rs 30 as charges.I cant find any advantage in buying from them if this is the pricing we get.
If you have a Medplus medial store in your location, you will get 5-15% discount depending on the brand and medicines.

Indicative discounts at MedPlus in Bangalore:
(e.g.) Cough syrups - 8% off
Antibiotics - 10% off
Anti-inflammatory gels - 8% off

That's a lot of savings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks