Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-201.html)

I seek advise and feedback on phasesaver.
These are small (size of goodnite/hit)with three lights on them, and ideally placed in the first three pin after meter.
Sellers claim saving in electricity bill.
One side has interpret chart of lights on/off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 2847576)
This one needs to be charged first. Then in case of emergency or suppose you run out of battery while you're on road you can use this stuff for charging your phone.

Excellent; which means, this is a device that retains charge & can be used to charge mobile at places where there's not reliable power supply or something like that? Or may be in a car that doesn't have 12V adapter right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 2847579)
The backup charger lasts for nearly 2 full charges and then you can recharge it using your phone charger

Fantastic

Thank you archat & Bonec for your valuable inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2848075)
Excellent; which means, this is a device that retains charge & can be used to charge mobile at places where there's not reliable power supply or something like that? Or may be in a car that doesn't have 12V adapter right?

You are correct.
You can keep a spare battery charged with you instead of this. That'll be a cheaper option. There are external chargers which can be used to charge the spare batteries. However, for phones or gadgets which has batteries that can't be removed by user the device you mentioned is valuable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 2848118)
You are correct.
You can keep a spare battery charged with you instead of this. That'll be a cheaper option. There are external chargers which can be used to charge the spare batteries.

I did this for a while until I found out that it messed up the battery calibration of my android phone leading to vastly lower battery life. If your phone isnt rooted, you might need to reflash it to reset the calibration

^^^Do you seriously need to reflash on some phones just to recalibrate the battery?

In my case, concerns about the connectors or back cover getting spoilt/loose due to repeated swapping of batteries has kept me from using a 2nd battery. Has anybody experienced such issues after time?

Also, does anybody have any idea whats the avarage/approx cost of batteries of recent smartphones? Prices of some batts like Nokia BL-5C has come down to about 300 bucks, but I was shocked to see a battery of some other brands costing around 4 times more (I'm talking only about original batteries) In that case, and for the concerns above, it would be better to carry a Power Backup like the Belkin or Sony options mentioned above. However, the 2,000 mAh battery in the Sony product sounds quite inadequate. Whats the capacity of the Belkin product?

This is a power source which can be carried along on long drives. Once charged it can light up 6 CF Lamps for about 4 to 6 hours, and can charge mobiles. The battery is 45W 12V, rechargabke inbuilt charger. Best suited for long drives through regions with no infrastructural developments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2846831)
Bought an LG D1417WF Dishwasher for 38,000 yesterday. Delivery on Monday. The Siemens / Bosch dealer promised to respond within two hours day before yesterday, nothing yet. He obviously does not want my business.

Nice! How did it go with the delivery and set-up? Any initial thoughts on the wash quality?

Thanks to everyone who posted for my query. I ended up ordering a Hitachi Big French (R-W660END9-GBK) in black color. It cost me 82k after exchanging my old semi dead Whirlpool.

Here's a link to the refrigerator

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/bigFrench-standard.html

Here are some pics of the fridge installed.

@roc - have been using the same refrigerator in silver for the last 3 years. It's quite a monster. You can pretty much accommodate anything in it. The water dispenser however is not very adaptable to slightly hard water. It clogs up the motor which needs to be cleaned now and then. No other complaints though.

Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.
NR-BT263LH | Panasonic

Hi reignofchaos,

Can you plz post the pics of the interiors of the 4 compartments?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 2860249)
Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.

My son got one Inverter model 450l or so in Udupi. This was a typical european two door with the freezer in the bottom. I think I have written about it earlier in this thread.

There were problems and the Panasonic service left a lot to be desired. Finally, they changed the main card (about 10 days total time) and for the past two months plus it is working flawlessly like a dream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 2860243)
@roc - have been using the same refrigerator in silver for the last 3 years. It's quite a monster. You can pretty much accommodate anything in it. The water dispenser however is not very adaptable to slightly hard water. It clogs up the motor which needs to be cleaned now and then. No other complaints though.

Thank you for the tip. I use water from bisleri cans so water hardness should not be a big problem. Yep its quite a monster - it fits everything you can throw at it.

Shall post inside pictures over the weekend.

Anybody have BOSH washing machines ? . Service and reliability experience need to know .
Looking to get either 20260IN (35K mrp) or 18260IN(30K mrp) .