Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 18:01   #3001
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I seek advise and feedback on phasesaver.
These are small (size of goodnite/hit)with three lights on them, and ideally placed in the first three pin after meter.
Sellers claim saving in electricity bill.
One side has interpret chart of lights on/off.
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:45   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
This one needs to be charged first. Then in case of emergency or suppose you run out of battery while you're on road you can use this stuff for charging your phone.
Excellent; which means, this is a device that retains charge & can be used to charge mobile at places where there's not reliable power supply or something like that? Or may be in a car that doesn't have 12V adapter right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The backup charger lasts for nearly 2 full charges and then you can recharge it using your phone charger
Fantastic

Thank you archat & Bonec for your valuable inputs.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:19   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Excellent; which means, this is a device that retains charge & can be used to charge mobile at places where there's not reliable power supply or something like that? Or may be in a car that doesn't have 12V adapter right?

You are correct.
You can keep a spare battery charged with you instead of this. That'll be a cheaper option. There are external chargers which can be used to charge the spare batteries. However, for phones or gadgets which has batteries that can't be removed by user the device you mentioned is valuable.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:48   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You are correct.
You can keep a spare battery charged with you instead of this. That'll be a cheaper option. There are external chargers which can be used to charge the spare batteries.
I did this for a while until I found out that it messed up the battery calibration of my android phone leading to vastly lower battery life. If your phone isnt rooted, you might need to reflash it to reset the calibration
Old 24th July 2012, 01:33   #3005
Senior - BHPian

^^^Do you seriously need to reflash on some phones just to recalibrate the battery?

In my case, concerns about the connectors or back cover getting spoilt/loose due to repeated swapping of batteries has kept me from using a 2nd battery. Has anybody experienced such issues after time?

Also, does anybody have any idea whats the avarage/approx cost of batteries of recent smartphones? Prices of some batts like Nokia BL-5C has come down to about 300 bucks, but I was shocked to see a battery of some other brands costing around 4 times more (I'm talking only about original batteries) In that case, and for the concerns above, it would be better to carry a Power Backup like the Belkin or Sony options mentioned above. However, the 2,000 mAh battery in the Sony product sounds quite inadequate. Whats the capacity of the Belkin product?

Last edited by Raccoon : 24th July 2012 at 01:36.
Old 24th July 2012, 07:39   #3006
Senior - BHPian

This is a power source which can be carried along on long drives. Once charged it can light up 6 CF Lamps for about 4 to 6 hours, and can charge mobiles. The battery is 45W 12V, rechargabke inbuilt charger. Best suited for long drives through regions with no infrastructural developments.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-charger1.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-charger2.jpg  

Old 24th July 2012, 09:45   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Bought an LG D1417WF Dishwasher for 38,000 yesterday. Delivery on Monday. The Siemens / Bosch dealer promised to respond within two hours day before yesterday, nothing yet. He obviously does not want my business.
Nice! How did it go with the delivery and set-up? Any initial thoughts on the wash quality?
Old 31st July 2012, 10:18   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to everyone who posted for my query. I ended up ordering a Hitachi Big French (R-W660END9-GBK) in black color. It cost me 82k after exchanging my old semi dead Whirlpool.

Here's a link to the refrigerator

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/bigFrench-standard.html
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:45   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics of the fridge installed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-bigfrench1.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-bigfrench2.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2012, 09:17   #3010
BHPian

@roc - have been using the same refrigerator in silver for the last 3 years. It's quite a monster. You can pretty much accommodate anything in it. The water dispenser however is not very adaptable to slightly hard water. It clogs up the motor which needs to be cleaned now and then. No other complaints though.
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:22   #3011
BHPian

Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.
NR-BT263LH | Panasonic
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:24   #3012
BHPian

Hi reignofchaos,

Can you plz post the pics of the interiors of the 4 compartments?

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:55   #3013
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Anyone been using Panasonic refrigerators?? I'm interested in picking this up as my second refrigerator.
My son got one Inverter model 450l or so in Udupi. This was a typical european two door with the freezer in the bottom. I think I have written about it earlier in this thread.

There were problems and the Panasonic service left a lot to be desired. Finally, they changed the main card (about 10 days total time) and for the past two months plus it is working flawlessly like a dream.
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:08   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
@roc - have been using the same refrigerator in silver for the last 3 years. It's quite a monster. You can pretty much accommodate anything in it. The water dispenser however is not very adaptable to slightly hard water. It clogs up the motor which needs to be cleaned now and then. No other complaints though.
Thank you for the tip. I use water from bisleri cans so water hardness should not be a big problem. Yep its quite a monster - it fits everything you can throw at it.

Shall post inside pictures over the weekend.
Old 5th August 2012, 00:40   #3015
Senior - BHPian

Anybody have BOSH washing machines ? . Service and reliability experience need to know .
Looking to get either 20260IN (35K mrp) or 18260IN(30K mrp) .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks