Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:35   #4501
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh yes, by the by, TV, refrigerator, and aircon, I'm running all LG.
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:41   #4502
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

My 9 year old LG washing machine had a problem yesterday. The rotator disc at the bottom came off. I called LG at 8:00 pm yesterday and described the problem. The guy came at 12:30 today afternoon. Replaced the rotator disc (he had come with the part - it's a big part). Total cost 720 including part and labour. This is why I buy only LG.
Old 24th July 2014, 00:01   #4503
BHPian

So parents got a bit skeptical about Bosch service, and we went ahead and got an LG.

Specifically, this model - http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machine...ashing-machine

Got it for about 20.7k. It also came with a 6 months insurance, and 8 years of extended warranty for the motor, over the standard two years. All other brands offered only one year of standard warranty, although 10 years motor warranty was pretty common.

The installation guy came today, and we did a test wash soon after, and mum's quite pleased with the wash quality. It's got an "i-sensor" technology, which automatically detects the wash load and decides on a water level, and the duration of the wash cycles. Pretty cool.

Only thing is - machine wastes a lot of water in the rinse cycle, but that's probably because we're coming from a semi-automatic and mum reused a lot of water in that. Overall, pretty pleased.

Thanks for all the advice!
Old 25th July 2014, 09:45   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Thanks Man. Left my comments inline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

Did you buy from them online or in some retail-shop?
For how long have you used it?
I have been using it for the past 6 months. Have not faced any problem so far and is working fine. I did not measure the reduction in the EB charges but I am sure there will be a reduction. I would suggest that you try with 1 fan and see how comfortable you are and then decide if you want to replace the rest with this one. The fans themselves are not available in any retail shop. I got it directly from the dealer.

I got it from a dealer in Nelson Manickam road. You can see the sale network details here.

http://superfan.in/salesnetwork.php
Old 25th July 2014, 10:31   #4505
BANNED

Online or offline. For service you have to go to the manufacturer, so hardly even matters. The only time I had a problem with the mail order was when my son had a problem was with Garmin GPS and the service had to be done by the actual importer/agent, and box had been thrown away. The bigger issue is often the 1800 number which is not picked up or is constantly engaged.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:51   #4506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I would suggest that you try with 1 fan and see how comfortable you are and then decide if you want to replace the rest with this one.
It makes no economic sense to replace all the fans in the house - it's not going to save money. To take an example, I have 4 fans in my house. On the average, I think all 4 fans put together would be running for a maximum of 35 hours a day. So that's 8.5 hours a day per fan. That's a saving of 440Rs per fan per year. The cost of the fan is Rs. 3700. Instead of buying a new fan, if you put the money in a FD at 8%, you will earn 300 Rs. per year. So the net saving per year is 140 Rs per year. So you will start saving money after something like 30 years (if the fan lasts that long). OTOH, it may make sense to buy this when your old fan has broken down and you anyway have to buy a new fan. In that case, the extra money you are paying over a regular fan (costing around 2000 Rs) may breakeven in 5-6 years or so and then you start saving money.
Old 25th July 2014, 12:06   #4507
BHPian

Superfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I have been using it for the past 6 months. Have not faced any problem so far and is working fine. I did not measure the reduction in the EB charges but I am sure there will be a reduction.
Thanks, I have ordered one online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It makes no economic sense to replace all the fans in the house - it's not going to save money.
Agreed.

I am particularly interested in this because of the remote speed control, and I can do away with problem prone regulators along with saving space on wall switches.
The electrical efficiency is a bonus!

The A1 model also has a fine-tuning speed control, and since I will be using this fan along with an aircon, I plan to experiment with keeping the lowest thermostat setting on the aircon along with the slowest fan speed, thus saving on power.

Just a month back my house was fitted with a new digital watt-hour-meter by the electrical department. This also shows the instantaneous watts consumed.

My existing twelve year old crompton-greaves fan now consumes 60 watts at full speed.

I will post my feedback here after I test the new one.

P.S
Advertisements in 'The Hindu' newspaper twice this week for the Superfan.

Last edited by manim : 25th July 2014 at 12:08.
Old 25th July 2014, 13:00   #4508
BANNED

Re: Superfan

Quote:
I am particularly interested in this because of the remote speed control, and I can do away with problem prone regulators along with saving space on wall switches.
I have never faced any issues with regulators. Also the ones I have are no bigger than a light switch.
Quote:

My existing twelve year old crompton-greaves fan now consumes 60 watts at full speed.
I think that's a pretty good. I doubt if a new crompton greaves will be hugely different (though a superfan may be).
Old 25th July 2014, 22:10   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It makes no economic sense to replace all the fans in the house - it's not going to save money. To take an example, I have 4 fans in my house. On the average, I think all 4 fans put together would be running for a maximum of 35 hours a day. So that's 8.5 hours a day per fan. That's a saving of 440Rs per fan per year. The cost of the fan is Rs. 3700. Instead of buying a new fan, if you put the money in a FD at 8%, you will earn 300 Rs. per year. So the net saving per year is 140 Rs per year. So you will start saving money after something like 30 years (if the fan lasts that long). OTOH, it may make sense to buy this when your old fan has broken down and you anyway have to buy a new fan. In that case, the extra money you are paying over a regular fan (costing around 2000 Rs) may breakeven in 5-6 years or so and then you start saving money.
And no where did I say that anybody has to replace all of their fans. I only said they can decide if they want to replace it or not. Recently we just replaced a fan, in our house, which has been in use for 15 years and it was performing very poorly (due to various reasons) and it was replaced
Old 28th July 2014, 11:37   #4510

Can any to help to find good instant water heater(3L) which is available in the market.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:57   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
Can any to help to find good instant water heater(3L) which is available in the market.
Even am looking for one, preferably of 1 liter and 2KW capacity. I heard good things about AOSmith and Racold.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:08   #4512
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering who would spend Lakhs on a water heater (although solar is headed in that direction).

Litres, Thad, Litres.

Old 29th July 2014, 19:37   #4513
BHPian

I have been using an 1 Ltr Instant water heater since 9 years.I bought it at a consumer fair in Bangalore. Details of unit:
1.Brand name: SELMAC, a Chennai company. Cost: Rs 1890/-
Not sure if company exists now.
2.1 Ltr capacity, ISI marked.
Quick heating.Performing very well all these years.I am using it as standby if Geyser has problems.
Old 29th July 2014, 22:10   #4514
BHPian

Is anyone using a IFB 9 kg washer and dryer, or of any other brand? I have few questions to compare notes of usage so far, I am using it since over 4 years now

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 30th July 2014, 01:38   #4515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Even am looking for one, preferably of 1 liter and 2KW capacity. I heard good things about AOSmith and Racold.
I am using two Racold 1l instant geysers (Pronto is the model I think) for past 3+ years. One is used almost daily and the other say around 200 days a year. Both working properly without any issues.

I have another 3l Racold at my hometown which is going strong for 20+ years of intermittent use.

I don't have much good things to say about Racold storage type heaters though. One was constantly under repair for the 3 years or so that we used it for. It might be the hard water at that place, but I am not sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks