Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 12:55   #4561
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I found Finish better than other products too. The tablets also seem better than the powder.
I'll probably end up using what the installer gives (IFB brand) and then switch over to finish products once they arrive. How long does Finish take to deliver their products after online ordering.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:49   #4562
BANNED

@BanjiRoss; Under a week unless the courier plays hookey as they did last time round.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:20   #4563
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all, we are planning to purchase a 6.5 kg front loading washing machine. Suggestions are required regarding the performance and after sales service. I know a lot depends on the city qhen it comes to service but I'll prefer to take a machine with least complaints.
Old 28th August 2014, 12:19   #4564
Senior - BHPian

The Bosch dishwasher has been delivered. Was a little surprised at the packaging. Only thermacole on corners, top and bottom with cardboard on top and thick plastic all around. Felt very unsafe! Are all Bosch products packed like this?
Hope to get it installed today.
My next buy is an OTG. Any suggestions for a model or brand you would recommend or try to avoid? Looking at 32 ltr as size. I don't need a microwave.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:06   #4565
Senior - BHPian

I want to buy a solo microwave for my parents - the use will be only for reheating, so no point in buying anything other than solo.

Have shortlisted Samsung and LG but is there much to take care when buying the basic model? Or should I go with just the best deal between LG and Samsung?

How good are Godrej and Onida microwaves? Should I consider them also - servicing will be a challenging part, so my priority is fuzz free operation, even if it costs a bit more.

--Anoop
Old 28th August 2014, 19:06   #4566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi all, we are planning to purchase a 6.5 kg front loading washing machine. Suggestions are required regarding the performance and after sales service. I know a lot depends on the city qhen it comes to service but I'll prefer to take a machine with least complaints.
I bough an LG with 7 year extended service pack, which includes all parts and labour. Over the last 16 months since I bought, no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I want to buy a solo microwave for my parents - the use will be only for reheating, so no point in buying anything other than solo.

Have shortlisted Samsung and LG but is there much to take care when buying the basic model? Or should I go with just the best deal between LG and Samsung?
My 14 year old Samsung has given up last week, though the grill is still functioning. You can get the least expensive models. We have two MW with grill and rotisserie, but barring initially when we tried recipes, both have been used for heating only. So now I will be getting a 6-7K model, as that is sufficient.

How good are Godrej and Onida microwaves? Should I consider them also - servicing will be a challenging part, so my priority is fuzz free operation, even if it costs a bit more.

--Anoop
Old 28th August 2014, 19:10   #4567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I bough an LG with 7 year extended service pack, which includes all parts and labour. Over the last 16 months since I bought, no problems.
Thanks. How much was the 7 year extended service pack cost? Also total price for the same.
Old 28th August 2014, 19:17   #4568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks. How much was the 7 year extended service pack cost? Also total price for the same.
I think it was 7K, and the WM was 30K. You can get the details from their representative. Just use the 7 year warranty as a bait to get extra discounts. With festive season coming they will be giving a lot of discounts.
Old 1st September 2014, 16:06   #4569
Senior - BHPian

I need to purchase an induction cooktop for stir frying canned lentils / beans primarily, and the occasional omelet.

I am looking at the entry level one http://www.flipkart.com/philips-hd49...mdgrvgufg7hgrf (2400) or is the better menus/ temperature control worth the 1.5x price of http://www.flipkart.com/philips-hd49...mdgrvg4bybzzsq ?
My only experience with these things is in hotels, where the pans seemed regular and there was no intermittent overheating as I seem to be reading in FK reviews (justification for the higher price?!).

Please let me know if:
a. I need to buy the costlier one
b. I can just reuse my existing non stick pans or whether I need to buy a new one.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:16   #4570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I need to purchase an induction cooktop for stir frying canned lentils / beans primarily, and the occasional omelet.

I am looking at the entry level one http://www.flipkart.com/philips-hd49...mdgrvgufg7hgrf (2400) or is the better menus/ temperature control worth the 1.5x price of http://www.flipkart.com/philips-hd49...mdgrvg4bybzzsq ?
My only experience with these things is in hotels, where the pans seemed regular and there was no intermittent overheating as I seem to be reading in FK reviews (justification for the higher price?!).

Please let me know if:
a. I need to buy the costlier one
b. I can just reuse my existing non stick pans or whether I need to buy a new one.
I did not buy an induction cooktop.

But I can answer this question:

Its actually depends on what you have. Some non-stick pans work on both gas and inductions systems. Others don't have the necessary iron(magnetic) part in their construction to work.

Usually the bottom of such pans will have a silvery layer with small bubbles drawn on it.

Temperature Control is very important if you plan to use the induction cooktop for cooking. If your usage is merely boil water or heat something, it does not matter.
But to fry/ poach/ broil something you want steady heat at a particular level.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:19   #4571
BHPian

Any opinions/reviews between these two:
- http://www.bosch-home.com/in/product...AB20268IN.html
- http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer...127vb3w01.html ?

I'm equally tempted by both, I could use a vote. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:40   #4572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Felt very unsafe! Are all Bosch products packed like this?
I got my 6.5kg washing machine delivered almost exactly in the same way, thankfully no damages or scratches. So, I guess all BOSCH products are delivered in such a manner
Old 4th September 2014, 15:44   #4573
BANNED

@BenjiRoss; and @dass; This is eco-friendy packaging. In Germany it is almost mandator6y.
Old 4th September 2014, 17:58   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@BenjiRoss; and @dass; This is eco-friendy packaging. In Germany it is almost mandator6y.
Must be true.
My Bosch fridge and Siemens w/m were also delivered in similar packaging.
Old 4th September 2014, 21:40   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Any opinions/reviews between these two:
- http://www.bosch-home.com/in/product...AB20268IN.html
- http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer...127vb3w01.html ?

I'm equally tempted by both, I could use a vote. Thanks.
I have been using Front Load Siemens-Bosch for past 15 years. Very satisfied with the appliance and the support offered.

You seem to be in Bangaluru, so you can be rest assured of good support from Siemens-Bosch (if required).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks