Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2014, 22:33   #4636
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
I am planning to buy an atta kneader.Have checked
http://www.amazon.in/Softel-Aata-KNe...ds=dough+maker
Not sure how good it is?Can anybody advise?
For the past 30 odd years we have relied on the dough hook on our Kitchen Centre, earlier Oster/Sunbeam and since 1989 Kenwood K Chef.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:01   #4637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
After going through numerous pages here, I figured that LG has a decent after sales service for its washing machines so checked their website and figured that F1091MDL2 is an ok model.

Any comments on whether to go ahead with this or not? Particularly the negatives of this model.
Unless you have small loads, I would go with slightly higher capacity 6kg model. http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-F10B8NDL2

The reason is that the drum capacity of LG machines is much less than that of the European models, and it is best to load 2/3 of the capacity for tumble to be effective.

The shops would be giving good discounts now that Diwali is around the corner, so you can get 2-5K off with smart shopping.

Last edited by Aroy : 14th October 2014 at 11:02.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:11   #4638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I am looking for single door fridge for parents. Currently we have a 165 liters LG fridge but it is short of space for our usage. recently it has started malfunctioning, it stops functioning once in a while.

Capacity should be around 230-250 liters and preferably single door since we dont use freezer much. So double door is ruled out. Any brand/model suggestions please.
I have been using Videocon Fridge from 10 years. My current last fridge which was replaced with a 300L Kelvinator (another Videocon brand) served for 8 years without any maintenance. Just make sure that you buy a auto-defrost fridge. What I found out was the same model (280L-300L) which I bought for 14,000 Rs under exchange (2K for old fridge) was available for 24-25K with LG and other foreign brands.
Old 14th October 2014, 11:51   #4639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Unless you have small loads, I would go with slightly higher capacity 6kg model. http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-F10B8NDL2
Will there be a significant difference with just 0.5 kg increase in capacity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The shops would be giving good discounts now that Diwali is around the corner, so you can get 2-5K off with smart shopping.
I certainly hope so. Plan is to check out the retail shops this weekend and then match with the online prices. Snapdeal currently has unbeatable prices.

EDIT: Any clue as to what is the difference between F10B8NDL2 & F10B5NDL2. Both are priced equal, same specs and everything, yet two different models!

Last edited by fine69 : 14th October 2014 at 11:57.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:58   #4640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Will there be a significant difference with just 0.5 kg increase in capacity?

I certainly hope so. Plan is to check out the retail shops this weekend and then match with the online prices. Snapdeal currently has unbeatable prices.

EDIT: Any clue as to what is the difference between F10B8NDL2 & F10B5NDL2. Both are priced equal, same specs and everything, yet two different models!
1. Yes. To be sure check the drum capacity in the shop.

2. No idea. May be one is a newer model. I have noticed that LG keeps changing model numbers regularly.
Old 14th October 2014, 15:56   #4641
Distinguished - BHPian

My LG washer attempted suicide again, plunging itself off the very-carefully-levelled concrete ledge on which it stands.

I know about levelling the feet, and I have never had problems with a machine shaking and jumping before. I am going to buy some sorbothane "shock absorbers" but, whilst that might fix vibration-walking it can't prevent the machine jumping.

I know LG has its fans here, but as far as I am concerned, this was a complete waste of money, and my reluctance to go for one of the heavy-build German machines (I had a Bosch, from UK, before) was false economy.

The only thing to the machine's credit is that it still works, despite a couple of mild dents. In a way I wish it didn't, then I could replace it.

I don't see any point in calling out a service engineer who will be some dozy kid who doesn't even know about proper levelling of a machine, and probably wouldn't recognise a spirit level if I hit him with one. This is true of both the guy who installed it and the guy who came last time.

LG lookslike a good machine at a good price. Looks are skin deep: I'll never buy another one or recommend it.
Old 14th October 2014, 16:21   #4642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My LG washer attempted suicide again, plunging itself off the very-carefully-levelled concrete ledge on which it stands.
You mean, your LG washing machine fell off a leveled surface due to the vibrations from the spin cycles? Is this a front loader? What type of mounts do you have on the machine?
Old 14th October 2014, 20:19   #4643
Senior - BHPian

Maybe your machine is looking to be euthanised This seems to be the old pulley belt arrangement machine. I too have fond memories of having to wrestle our front loader back in to position every other day. This however was towards the end of its life cycle of six odd years. Per the Whirlpool technician who used to attend to the m/c, the ever so slight shift of the balancer weights from their intended position(s) was to blame for this issue. There was no recourse either, that is without having to completely taking the machine apart and then dynamically rebalancing the complete arrangement.

The LG fans here mostly subscribe to the new direct drive design models. What drive arrangement does your machine have.

As and when you replace the machine you can now replace it with a Panasonic front loader (new line up launched this year) thereby avoiding the Koreans as well as the Europeans.

Unless your machine is a DD model & then again if this is not an isolated case, I remain a part of this ever growing fan club. There, a true fanboy has spoken

Quote:

I know LG has its fans here, but as far as I am concerned, this was a complete waste of money, and my reluctance to go for one of the heavy-build German machines (I had a Bosch, from UK, before) was false economy.

The only thing to the machine's credit is that it still works, despite a couple of mild dents. In a way I wish it didn't, then I could replace it.

LG lookslike a good machine at a good price. Looks are skin deep: I'll never buy another one or recommend it.
Old 15th October 2014, 03:16   #4644
Distinguished - BHPian

The bad news is that yes, my machine is a Direct drive machine, only a few years old.

Quote:
You mean, your LG washing machine fell off a leveled surface due to the vibrations from the spin cycles? Is this a front loader? What type of mounts do you have on the machine?
Yes, yes, and it is standing on its own feet (like any grown-up machine should ) with some added non-slip pad to try to help prevent this problem.
Old 15th October 2014, 06:59   #4645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The bad news is that yes, my machine is a Direct drive machine, only a few years old.

Yes, yes, and it is standing on its own feet (like any grown-up machine should ) with some added non-slip pad to try to help prevent this problem.
This is the exact same phenomenon exhibited by my IFB machine, so much so that we can called it the Dancing Machine. Even the grip pads didn't stop it from waltzing around. Finally, we made some space for it to make its moves when excited.
Old 15th October 2014, 07:44   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
In this thread itself,Air Frier has been discussed in detail with pictures. Please search for more details
Thanks
Pardon my ignorance. But I did not get any help using Air Fryer, Air Fry or Air Frier as search keywords.

Can you post me the link to the discussion.
Old 15th October 2014, 07:52   #4647
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a small refrigerator - (single door)
washing machine .. not top of the line. but sufficient automation required,

Suggestions pls
Old 15th October 2014, 10:25   #4648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is the exact same phenomenon exhibited by my IFB machine, so much so that we can called it the Dancing Machine. Even the grip pads didn't stop it from waltzing around. Finally, we made some space for it to make its moves when excited.
I think the rubber around the drum must have gone bad. It acts like a suspension/ shock absorber for the rotating drum. When this rubber goes hard, the machine can dance around. Also check the springs mounted on the drum on the inside of the machine.
Old 15th October 2014, 10:37   #4649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think the rubber around the drum must have gone bad. It acts like a suspension/ shock absorber for the rotating drum. When this rubber goes hard, the machine can dance around. Also check the springs mounted on the drum on the inside of the machine.
Must be the way the drum was mounted, as the issue was there right from the first week or so since we bought the machine. The IFB guys came and checked, but issue continued.

Anyway, this was when we were in Bangalore. We dont have the machine anymore, and also lost confidence in IFB and their products since.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:09   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Pardon my ignorance. But I did not get any help using Air Fryer, Air Fry or Air Frier as search keywords.

Can you post me the link to the discussion.
I was also searching for the same and saw this discussion that happened in another thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3542757

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks