Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 15:22   #5386
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Unless you have something specific against buying online, the 4 jar Panasonic is available at 4600/ on Amazon COD. No exchange required. Most appliance shops can use the motor of old mixer grinders and would pay you upto 1000 if serviceable. The old Jars nylon bushes are also easily obtained. The Panasonic jar has had its bush replaced twice for 60 bucks each time.
I have nothing against buying online. But observed that now there are many sellers who are new or just launched where feedback is very much limited in numbers. I prefer Amazon fulfilled or like that. These new players prices are lower however those who are old and having more feedback numbers the prices are high. I have ordered small items like pendrive, memory card and even MotoE online earlier.
New development is the Mixer is working now though its white plastic body is turned yellow. So new mixer is on hold for the time being. The thing is that its blade of chutney mixer is sharp and pointed and two prongs are upward facing which makes it difficult to clean.
Old 12th August 2015, 15:26   #5387
Senior - BHPian

Gents, my washing machine has kicked the bucket and I am in the market looking for a replacement. The old one was a front loading 6.5kg from Sam'D'ung. The quality sucked to say the least, the damn piece started rusting around the soap dispenser tray and on one of the sides.

I am looking at something in the 7kgs range. Any recommendations ?
Old 12th August 2015, 16:13   #5388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have, and also now own one. Very useful, esp when travelling. However, they cannot give you a razor sharp crease, but remove wrinkles very well. So you have to decide.
Which brand are you using?
Old 12th August 2015, 16:39   #5389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Gents, my washing machine has kicked the bucket and I am in the market looking for a replacement. The old one was a front loading 6.5kg from Sam'D'ung. The quality sucked to say the least, the damn piece started rusting around the soap dispenser tray and on one of the sides.

Front loading or top loading?

If its the front loading type, do take a look at the machines from Bosch. Been using their cheapest 5.5 kg model since the last 3 years and it has been working exceedingly well. Never had to prescrub the collars or cuffs before washing them and they've come out clean. I'd recommend these units. My unit has been kept in the kitchen balcony for the last 10 months and I haven't observed any rusting on the exterior bits. I've used a plastic cover (Amazon) to protect it from rain and dust.

I am waiting for the decade-old IFB noisemaker at my hometown to die so I can replace it with a Bosch unit.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:50   #5390
BHPian

I'm using a LG frontloader for last 3.5 years. No problem. We use it daily. Somedays even twice in a day.
Old 12th August 2015, 17:15   #5391
BHPian

Would recommend lg as well
Old 12th August 2015, 18:11   #5392
BHPian

Quote:

Highly recommend the LG washing machine. We have been using our top loading one since a couple of years which was a replacement to an older LG machine. No problems at all. We use the machine nowadays more than once. Only recently we had an issue of pulsator overhauled/replaced but this was due to our error of the drain pipe not being completely vertical which caused water to remain in the drum and rust some parts due to stagnation. Service in Mumbai at least is efficient.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:14   #5393
BANNED

My LG toploader has now crossed 10 years. No AMC taken ever - I don't believe in AMCs for any personal purchase. Total money spent on maintenance in 10 years is probably less than Rs. 2000.
Old 12th August 2015, 20:20   #5394
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thank you gentlemen. These were the only 2 options on my mind
- Bosch
- LG

and has to be a front loading one.

I am not very sure about Bosch's service in Bangalore. It's very inconsistent but LG I can bet my bottom dollar. I had a 7 year old vacuum cleaner which had stopped functioning and I even picked up a new one as a replacement( was darn lazy to call the service center and get the motor replaced on the old one).

Quite recently I simply called LG and gave them the model number of the old vacuum cleaner and asked them if it can be repaired ? It was a positive and the service engineer came home in less than 48 hrs since I called and fixed the vacuum cleaner.

As for my AC's I dint think twice , simply brought an LG.

Thanks again, this weekend will scout around and see what LG and BOSCH has in their range.
Old 12th August 2015, 23:52   #5395
Senior - BHPian

Look at LG & Panasonic, drop Bosch

Quote:
...this weekend will scout around and see what LG and BOSCH has in their range.
Old 13th August 2015, 09:41   #5396
BHPian

@rjstyles69: We have LG front loader from last 11 years. No AMC taken. No Only technician came once so far. Works flawlessly even today.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:31   #5397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
@rjstyles69: We have LG front loader from last 11 years. No AMC taken. No Only technician came once so far. Works flawlessly even today.
Even though I went for long term AMC, in last three years our LG Front Load has not required any attention.
Old 13th August 2015, 15:12   #5398
BANNED

I have been on LG front loaders for over 12 years and have my second one now.
Old 13th August 2015, 18:25   #5399
BHPian

Quote:
Gents
And Ladies..

Quote:
One more vote for LG washing machine. Been using the 7.5kg front loader almost daily for 8+ years and still going strong
Old 13th August 2015, 18:45   #5400
BHPian

I am using LG trom front load washing machine for past 8+ years. No complaints so far. Highly recommend LG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks