Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 12:25   #4516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am using two Racold 1l instant geysers (Pronto is the model I think) for past 3+ years. One is used almost daily and the other say around 200 days a year. Both working properly without any issues.

I have another 3l Racold at my hometown which is going strong for 20+ years of intermittent use.

I don't have much good things to say about Racold storage type heaters though. One was constantly under repair for the 3 years or so that we used it for. It might be the hard water at that place, but I am not sure.

We have a Racold that is 35+ years old and was storage type with about 25L capacity. When I was looking for purchasing more of these, they weren't available a few years back and I purchased bajaj instead.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:43   #4517
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

So finally got my Superfan, in Pink!
It was for my bedroom, to be used along with the aircon in summer.

Though the fan is okay (comments below), the process of getting it was slow:
Paid full advance (Rs.3,700) on 23rd July through net-banking on their website for the A1 model. Received only on 31st. And Coimbatore is only 375 kms from my home.

They first gave a word that they will ship within two days, but kept on postponing. I was worried that I had lost my money! The courier they use is called 'Gati' (never heard of them before). The local courier guys called me after they received it and refused door-delivery, I had to go and pick it up.

I fitted it the same day I received it with a good electrician.

Pros:
I mainly wanted this for the remote regulator, it works as expected.
The fine tuning of the speed is great, when using with an aircon.

Cons:
Noise levels are advertised as low, but at full speeds it is more noisy than my earlier twelve year old Crompton-greaves.

I still have not checked the power-consumption, they are advertised as very low at 33 watts at full-speed. Since I have a digital-energy-meter at my house I will check the exact watts soon.

Overall satisfied and recommend this to anyone who wants a ceiling fan.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-dsc_7686.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-dsc_7694.jpg  

Old 8th August 2014, 21:11   #4518
BHPian

Oh Boy!
How many days does it take Bosch to install a washing machine?
A: Unknown

My old faithful Kenstar tumble top washing machine final ran out of breath and there are no spares available any more, not even humble connecting pipes inside the box. Good 12years of hard work there.

Wednesday:
Got a great deal at Viveks Bangalore for a Bosch front loading washing machine. At the time of payment, they had registered for Demo & Installation of the product with Bosch. They said Bosch technician will come within 48hours and install the product. Came home happy with the purchase. Good service

Booked around 1pm, the vendor had said the product will be delivered by Thursday. But they delivered same day by 6pm. Exceeded expectation.

Thursday:
There is no contact from Bosch.

Friday:
Called Bosch helpline. They had all my details with them, vendor indeed did his job. Call is in open status. Helpdesk could not get me any contact to local technical dept to confirm the time of service. Said to wait till evening.

The day is gone. 48hrs passed long back. Not sure if this means 48 working hours for them. Bad start for a long relationship.
Old 8th August 2014, 23:19   #4519
Distinguished - BHPian

If I were you I'd loose patience and do it myself.

It is bad, though, considering it is supposed to be a premium brand. Maybe VAG brought them up!
Old 9th August 2014, 00:03   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If I were you I'd loose patience and do it myself.
I know. It is still sitting in the wraps. Warranty will be void if not installed by company authorized technician. Else I would have done it by now.

I am hoping at least the technician will come knocking on Saturday otherwise, Sunday is an automatic loss.

Not expected this from Bosch on a premium machine. Even DTH guys come install the Dish and finish cabling within 24hrs of booking. This one is just unwrapping the box and undoing a few bolts.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th August 2014 at 00:04.
Old 9th August 2014, 21:00   #4521
BHPian

The technician finally came knocking by evening and finished the install within half hour. Hope I won't have to deal with the Helpdesk ever again.
Old 10th August 2014, 00:34   #4522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I know. It is still sitting in the wraps. Warranty will be void if not installed by company authorized technician. Else I would have done it by now.
Even if the read the manual? That's ridiculous, and wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world.

1. Remove the transit bolts that hold the drum in place (this is the one they will be frightened of people not knowing. The thing might knock the house down if one doesn't.)

2. Connect hose[s]

3. Plug in.

Well, ok. I haven't done it for a while, and I might have missed something out, but it is that simple, as you must have seen when the guy did it.

When the LG guy installed our machine, he didn't even know about the rat guard. The shop we bought it from had to tell him where to find it in the packing.

Quote:
Not expected this from Bosch on a premium machine. Even DTH guys come install the Dish and finish cabling within 24hrs of booking. This one is just unwrapping the box and undoing a few bolts.
Anyway, I hope you and your machine will be very happy together now. When I bought my old Bosch, in London, I think it was UKŁ30 to have it installed and, to be honest, I wish I'd paid it. Whilst everything I said above is true, that's fine if it isn't in a tight, between fitted cabinets, place. They issue the engineers with special, longer, flexible arms, to cope with that
Old 10th August 2014, 09:12   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anyway, I hope you and your machine will be very happy together now. When I bought my old Bosch, in London, I think it was UKŁ30 to have it installed and, to be honest, I wish I'd paid it. Whilst everything I said above is true, that's fine if it isn't in a tight, between fitted cabinets, place. They issue the engineers with special, longer, flexible arms, to cope with that
Yes, the steps are exactly the ones you listed above. Only the bolts make cracking and tumbling noises when opening up, like you broke something. The technician knows exactly where to put his hand under the machine to find the packing pieces that fell out.

Only additional piece I needed was the reducer joint from water inlet pipe to tap. The Bosch has a 3/4 inch connector and my tap has a 1/2 inch thread.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:46   #4524
BHPian

I've got a Whirlpool Whitemagic 650H fully-automatic Washing Machine. I was wondering if anyone here has gone in for a annual maintenance kit for it? It costs a whopping 2000 bucks. Is it really necessary to clean your machine every month? Do let me know. My machine has started wobbling a bit. But no problem other than that.
Old 11th August 2014, 16:59   #4525
BANNED

guys please suggest a cordless phone which displays "caller id" as in the Name of the person calling ( from phone no. saved in phone memory )

cheers
Old 11th August 2014, 17:10   #4526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
My machine has started wobbling a bit. But no problem other than that.
Congrats on the new WM! The wobbling may be due to incorrect/ uneven load of clothes inside the drum. Another cause may be poor balancing of leveling feet, which you can sort out yourself, with some patience & trial n error method!
Old 11th August 2014, 19:37   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
guys please suggest a cordless phone which displays "caller id" as in the Name of the person calling ( from phone no. saved in phone memory )

cheers
Most Panasonic cordless phones will do this for you. Phone memory is typically limited to about 50 names.
Old 11th August 2014, 19:53   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

cheers
Go for any Gigaset model, performs brilliantly, have it for years
Old 12th August 2014, 19:14   #4529
Senior - BHPian

Friends im planning to buy a good vaccum cleaner for home use.
Can you recommend a good vaccum cleaner?
What should i look for when purchasing a vaccum cleaner?

I found 2 compact onces - power rating seems good. Kindly post your suggestions, comments & recommendations.

http://www.amazon.in/Russell-Hobbs-Vacuum-Cleaner-RU-18521/dp/B0081SCMTK/ref=sr_1_34?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1407850007&sr=1-34&keywords=vacuum+cleaner

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-v...nntm/350333307

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 12th August 2014 at 19:17.
Old 13th August 2014, 11:36   #4530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
Most Panasonic cordless phones will do this for you. Phone memory is typically limited to about 50 names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Go for any Gigaset model, performs brilliantly, have it for years
i looked into some models. but ended up a bit confused. there are some 2.4 ghz models and some 5.8 ghz models which seem to not have issues with wifi routers.

anyone have any experience with 2.4ghz ? do these disturb your wireless routers ? is it better to go with 5.8 ghz...?

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks