Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 10:47   #4426
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Warm white is actually equivalent to sunlight. Cold white is much more harsh on the eyes. However, the neutral white that is used in graphics/arts studios etc is something else again!
You are absolutely right, but ani_meher mentioned that he did not like yellow light and hence my reply. Warm white gives more richness to the surroundings and therefore the reason most hotels use it.
Old 21st June 2014, 12:24   #4427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Is any of the cheaper brands having yellow or 2700K LEDs?
The Colour temperature of the warm-white is 3,000K, yellowish.
The Cool daylight is 6,500K, mimics whitish CFL.
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:38   #4428
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The Colour temperature of the warm-white is 3,000K, yellowish.
The Cool daylight is 6,500K, mimics whitish CFL.
Thanks. 3000K is perfectly fine with me. Even in the days of Fluorescent Lights I used to get yellow ones (Osram, Rs.100)
Old 29th June 2014, 07:29   #4429
BHPian

I have 4 of the 10W Philips cool daylight ones on my hall chandelier where my kids spend their maximum time. Since they read and write there we use it quite a bit. Is this bad? Should I switch to regular TL? We have TLs only in the kitchen and moms room and CFL everywhere else.
Old 29th June 2014, 12:17   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have 4 of the 10W Philips cool daylight ones on my hall chandelier where my kids spend their maximum time. Since they read and write there we use it quite a bit. Is this bad? Should I switch to regular TL? We have TLs only in the kitchen and moms room and CFL everywhere else.
As long as there is sufficient illumination for reading, it is fine.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:46   #4431
BHPian

I bought a 10W (70W incandescent equivalent) yesterday and I really appreciate how far LED lighting has come since the days of the bluish bulbs of the past. The light from this bulb is a great cool white and starts instantly (unlike CFLs). I paid Rs.699 for it, but it should (hopefully) last a lot longer than CFLs (which already last 3 years in our house).

With time, the price of these lights might come down. I will be buying LED from now on, but the sweet spot for most buyers could be around Rs.250-300. Overall, very satisfied with the color range of the bulb (we don't notice a difference from CFLs).

I'm looking to buy a couple of 1W or less power LED bulbs to replace our excessively power consuming incandescent night bulbs (10W!!). There are some on Amazon.in but in packs of 6. Let me know if there are other online sources. Thanks!
Old 1st July 2014, 17:28   #4432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I bought a 10W (70W incandescent equivalent) yesterday and I really appreciate how far LED lighting has come since the days of ----------snip----------------scent night bulbs (10W!!). There are some on Amazon.in but in packs of 6. Let me know if there are other online sources. Thanks!
Are they equivalently bright and broad ?
I was reading up on them, and there's was a lot of talk about how the area lit is lesser, compared to a cfl which lights up all around.
Old 1st July 2014, 22:22   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 10W (70W incandescent equivalent) yesterday and I really appreciate how far LED lighting has come since the days of the bluish bulbs of the past.
Any brand or sources to buy?
Old 2nd July 2014, 00:08   #4434
Senior - BHPian

The LEDs are far better than the CFL in spread and brightness and a lot cooler too. Am using OSRAM and would recommend the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Are they equivalently bright and broad ?
I was reading up on them, and there's was a lot of talk about how the area lit is lesser, compared to a cfl which lights up all around.
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:51   #4435
BHPian

friends - looking around for a chimney and confused with the options around. Any one have any specific brand/model recommendation?
My priorities are trouble free operation as this is going to be in my sisters house which is remote location, value for money, good performance
Old 4th July 2014, 00:10   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 10W (70W incandescent equivalent) yesterday !

I got the 10w Philips ones for 580rs from Metro in Bangalore. Also got blue .5w for ~80rs I think.
Old 4th July 2014, 02:20   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 10W (70W incandescent equivalent) yesterday and I really appreciate how far LED lighting has come since the days of the bluish bulbs of the past. The light from this bulb is a great cool white and starts instantly (unlike CFLs). I paid Rs.699 for it, but it should (hopefully) last a lot longer than CFLs (which already last 3 years in our house).

With time, the price of these lights might come down. I will be buying LED from now on, but the sweet spot for most buyers could be around Rs.250-300. Overall, very satisfied with the color range of the bulb (we don't notice a difference from CFLs).

I'm looking to buy a couple of 1W or less power LED bulbs to replace our excessively power consuming incandescent night bulbs (10W!!). There are some on Amazon.in but in packs of 6. Let me know if there are other online sources. Thanks!
Bought 3, 5, 7 w bulbs from eBay recently. All good till now. Cheaper but No warranty. Delite brand slightly more expensive but think they are bit brighter. But bit bigger /taller also. May cause issues in smaller fixtures. Try packs of 2 or 3 to save shipping.

Light seems more natural than CFL. Pics also come out better under them.

Last edited by Raccoon : 4th July 2014 at 02:22.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:26   #4438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
friends - looking around for a chimney and confused with the options around. Any one have any specific brand/model recommendation?
My priorities are trouble free operation as this is going to be in my sisters house which is remote location, value for money, good performance
Hey, we have used a KAFF chimney for the last 3 years without any issues whatsoever. It is effective and reasonably silent.

Trick is to ensure that the filters (metal screens) are cleaned appropriately depending upon the amount of oily cooking being done. But it is a DIY and has never required a visit by the ASC.

ELICA brand is also good as per feedback received etc.
Old 4th July 2014, 12:24   #4439
BHPian

Any recommendations for a 2 liter table top wet grinder? current amrithaa tlt model has gone phut after almost 10 yrs of hasslefree service.
Old 4th July 2014, 13:16   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Is any of the cheaper brands having yellow or 2700K LEDs? I have a Osram 7W as well as a couple of bathroom lights (6W I think). Also, what about fitments, bayonet, large screw and small screw! I feel that the cool daylight, etc. are not suitable for home use.

can we create hybrid power system at home using solar panels but without battery banks

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks