Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-517.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4807264)
We put our aluminium cooker in the LG dishwasher and it took the shine off and made these horrid discolorations. The other dishes came out sparkling and look like new, but this. this was in Auto and 3.5 hour setting (steam option), so that could be the issue. So like someone here said I will ask the maid to avoid putting the aluminium cooker in. Regarding Dishwashing tablets IFB Essentials (Rs 750 for 30) performed much better than the much more expensive Finish Powerball (Rs 1200 for 30)

Agreed, Aluminum vessels in dishwashers get discoloured due to the rinseaid at the end with the steam.

After a few washes it doesnt discolour more so you may not realise it but vs manual washing the dishwasher does make the aluminum doscoloured in black.

We have Orient with remote, in mom's room. It's quite good
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4807278)
Question on Wall Mounted Fan. Existing Havells Swing Platina conked off after 5 years. What do people recommend for a replacement?

Quote:

What do people recommend for a replacement?

Get a Crompton High Flo series pedestal fan. There are a number of models.

https://www.crompton.co.in/product-c...pedestal-fans/

Quote:

Question on Wall Mounted Fan. Existing Havells Swing Platina conked off after 5 years. What do people recommend for a replacement?

Why not a BLDC fan? I can't say anything about this brand, but I have a Superfan ceiling fan that also has a BLDC motor and performs well while saving electricity.

https://atomberg.com/fans/wall-mounted-fans/

https://www.amazon.in/Gorilla-Wall-M.../dp/B07LH2T8W7

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilch (Post 4804272)
Opps, the currently present stickers do not specify any ampere load but only the desired Voltage (220 V / 50 Hz). You can look for the product brochure on the link above to check the ampere load.

Not to worry. Total Watts must be mentioned. Watts divided by Voltage determines Amps.
Check the Amps and the rating of your Inverter to supply the same. However, while Inverter is in operation, there msy be other gadgets in operation too e.g. Fan, Light etc. and they also draw current from the Inverter and to be considered.
Unless Gadget (Refrigerator) is with Inverter Compressor, it may not be advisable to operate Refrigerator on Inverter as Starting Current of Compressor is quite high which may harm the Inverter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 4771823)
Initially, my wife was against the front loader just for the same reason that it may not be convenient to bend and load/unload. But she is totally fine with it now and is more than happy with the performance. My opinion is that it is more of a mind block than a deal breaker considering the advantages a front loader offers. But not sure about your mother's health and preferences. You should decide based on that.

Having used Front Loading W/Machine for long, since it is quite heavy due to balancing weight (Concrete Blocks) inside them, if the owner is a Tenant at his residence he/she should desist from it. Quite difficult to relocate with every shift. Movers labour is ikely to damage it. My machine was ruined relocating from Dubai to Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4807288)
We have Orient with remote, in mom's room. It's quite good

This looks good but someone wrote in the review that the previous settings are not retained and one needs to use the Remote and set the speed again. Is that true?

That's not true. Speed controls are retained. Besides I checked out all the fan brands and this one is available only at Orient Branded Showrooms for now since its 2020 model and just launched in jan/feb (as per them). Just look at the control pad! The breeze setting gives you that natural breeze by alternating speed, and then the timers etc are well done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4807437)
This looks good but someone wrote in the review that the previous settings are not retained and one needs to use the Remote and set the speed again. Is that true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amrik Singh (Post 4807343)
Having used Front Loading W/Machine for long, since it is quite heavy due to balancing weight (Concrete Blocks) inside them, if the owner is a Tenant at his residence he/she should desist from it. Quite difficult to relocate with every shift. Movers labour is ikely to damage it. My machine was ruined relocating from Dubai to Delhi.

When the machine is delivered, the drum is bolted to the cabinet. These bolts, which are removed before use, should be kept, and if the machine is to be shifted, they should be fitted for the move. If this is done, your machine should travel easily without damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4807462)
That's not true. Speed controls are retained. Besides I checked out all the fan brands and this one is available only at Orient Branded Showrooms for now since its 2020 model and just launched in jan/feb (as per them). Just look at the control pad! The breeze setting gives you that natural breeze by alternating speed, and then the timers etc are well done.

But I see the same one here on Amazon.in : URL. Do you remember how much you paid ? Checked the Authorized Dealer: JV Electricals in BLR and he quoted 2675/- so thinking to order online as the price difference is not that much...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4807472)
When the machine is delivered, the drum is bolted to the cabinet. These bolts, which are removed before use, should be kept, and if the machine is to be shifted, they should be fitted for the move. If this is done, your machine should travel easily without damage.

All was done. Probably it was dropped resulting in major damage. Since no repair shop accepted to repair it, it was a DIY project for me. Managed to get about 3 years service from it before writing it off, retaining lots of working parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amrik Singh (Post 4807522)
... it was a DIY project for me. Managed to get about 3 years service from it before writing it off

Well done! That's a pretty good payback for your work.

Sad about the damage, though. My original, excellent Bosch managed shipping from UK to India. Worked perfectly until a rat got electrocuted and rotted itself and the main circuit board :(

Price was same. We bought in jayanagar Orient brand shop. The blue looks different on Amazon site but model number is same
Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4807485)
But I see the same one here on Amazon.in : URL. Do you remember how much you paid ? Checked the Authorized Dealer: JV Electricals in BLR and he quoted 2675/- so thinking to order online as the price difference is not that much...

Quote:

My opinion is that it is more of a mind block than a deal breaker considering the advantages a front loader offers.

We got the IFB front load washing machine in '98 (or '99) and it is still being used (by our tenant). It was quite the thing to use, with all those several programs and hot water cycles. But, it was terribly let down by a) IFB's patchy service, eventually we called the service guy privately, rather than through IFB, and b) the tech itself, we had drum issues (balancer related) frequently, despite moderate use.

Since then, we've got only top-load machines. Has the tech gotten better and more reliable?

In Japan, Hitachi had the front loader in a top loader avatar. The front opening is two feet high and controls are on the top edge. That was best of both worlds. You didn't have to bend at all. They should get it to india
Quote:

Initially, my wife was against the front loader just for the same reason that it may not be convenient to bend and load/unload. But she is totally fine with it now and is more than happy with the performance. My opinion is that it is more of a mind block than a deal breaker considering the advantages a front loader offers. But not sure about your mother's health and preferences. You should decide based on that.