Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 1155385)
Looking to buy a hand vacuum cleaner. Something like this - 800W Vacuum Cleaner with 6 Attachments gifts in india at rediff shopping.
Anyone know which brand is good (has good suction) & reliable & how much it costs.

The posting does not mention anything about the make of the vacuum. It might most probably be come run of the mill chinese make and based on your luck, you either get something that might just run really well, or die the next day! I would say, get something branded.

And with Rediff shopping, I would be extra careful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1155453)
Bought Eureka hand vaccum for 1800 or something and I am very happy with it. Works good for both house and car

Yeah, something like this, were you have a actual user experience will help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1155435)
Have a higher end Panasonic Microwave Oven. Of late, it needs more time to do the heating - even half a glass of water needs a full minute on high power.

Any ideas ? Have cleaned the cabin, but no avail.

How old is it? Does it have a internal stabilizer or do you use an external one?

Quote:

HappyWheels : How old is it? Does it have a internal stabilizer or do you use an external one?
2 yrs. No internal / external stabilizer.

Would also like to know what do I do now - if it is a result of power fluctuations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1155453)
Bought Eureka hand vaccum for 1800 or something and I am very happy with it. Works good for both house and car

I assume this comes with a charger & battery - i.e. you can operate it
without being plugged to a power source, right?

Also does this come with any attachments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1155608)
2 yrs. No internal / external stabilizer.

Would also like to know what do I do now - if it is a result of power fluctuations.

Had the same issue to the one that my parents were using. It was caused due to power fluctuation. Survived in my home town for just 4 months.

I sometimes also experienced poor heating from my microwave, a Panasonic that came from my ex-home in UK. It was always down to low input voltage. I started to use a stabiliser, and have not had a problem since.

The oven can draw a lot of power; I think my stabiliser is rated 3kw.

@Thad, thanks. Need a full minute even at a 240V input. The oven is rated at 5.9A / 220V (m.w) & 6.9A /220V (heater).

If it helps - the model is 784MF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 1155673)
I assume this comes with a charger & battery - i.e. you can operate it
without being plugged to a power source, right?

Also does this come with any attachments?

Nope. It does not come with Battery, you need to plug it and use it. It has all attachment of a handy vacuum. I use it in car by plugging to a A/C outlet

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1157568)
Nope. It does not come with Battery, you need to plug it and use it. It has all attachment of a handy vacuum. I use it in car by plugging to a A/C outlet

Wow - a portable device which doesn't come with a chargeable battery.
That has to be one of the most braindead designs ever.

What next? A cellphone which has to be always plugged in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1156427)
@Thad, thanks. Need a full minute even at a 240V input. The oven is rated at 5.9A / 220V (m.w) & 6.9A /220V (heater).

If it helps - the model is 784MF.

We are having the same problem! We have an IFB 23SC1 3-in-1 microwave . The damn thingy is taking endlessly long to do anything. Defrosting any quantity over 1kg is a task, and no matter what water just does not come to a boil (esp if the quantity is over 700ml)

Voltage at home is between 220-240 volts... more or less constant.

If the voltage is good, it must be a faulty unit.

I have known microwave ovens that just plain did not work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 1158058)
Wow - a portable device which doesn't come with a chargeable battery.
That has to be one of the most braindead designs ever.

What next? A cellphone which has to be always plugged in.

Its called Handy Vacuum or something not portable vacuum i think. This was launched as a replacement of house hold big vacuum so i dont think Eureka made the mistake you are pointing at . I use it for my car and jeep bcos I find it convenient!

Where is ti mentioned as portable, if i may know.

With the temperatures rising in Bangy I guess its time to look for an AC. I am looking at a 1.5 T split AC. WHich ones are good? I have a couple of Voltas back home and they are working fine. Any suggestions guys with approx prices if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1186494)
With the temperatures rising in Bangy I guess its time to look for an AC. I am looking at a 1.5 T split AC. WHich ones are good? I have a couple of Voltas back home and they are working fine. Any suggestions guys with approx prices if possible.

Here you go sammyboy !!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ioner-buy.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1186507)

Thanks a zillion Ed, i tried to search but nothing came up so used this thread :D

@KB, any luck with your microwave ?

Check this :
Slow Heating - FixYa
Quote:

If your line voltage is correct and it is slow to heat, then almost certainly your magnetron is failing
Does any one in BLR have the contact number of a Panasonic service engineer ?

I have the numbers of the service Center. The guy who had come had offered to help check any out-of-wty Panasonic equiment. (Not able to find the number he had given me.)