Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-582.html)

Looking at the situation, it doesn't look like the maid is going to be back anytime soon. I have been thinking about getting my mom a dishwasher. Grateful if I could get recommendations and reviews. The budget I have in mind is about 50k. Since mom and dad will be the primary users once the WFH situation is eased, ease of use is a priority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ike (Post 5074223)
I have been thinking about getting my mom a dishwasher.

we had a Samsung dishwasher which died when we shifted home, something got messed up due to a truck ride of about 2 km. Samsung service refused to fix it claiming part shortage and so we then purchased a Bosch in Sep 2017. It cost me 31500 then and i also took an extended warranty for years 3&4. This came in handy when the heating element died earlier this year. It cost about 8k but was replaced for free. It does a good job and we run it at a minimum twice a day, sometimes once more. My friend purchased an Lg recently and he is happy with that too. The Bosch seems to be within your budget and is definitely a good buy.

Gents,

Need recommendations for a inline water filter. I don,t need a regular Kent / Aqua guard type since the tap water we get is drinkable and have no TDS issue per se. except for monsoon we drink it daily without any issues.

During monsoon many dust / impurities gets added to our tap water supply as water gets stored in huge tank before supplying it to home. I am just looking for a reliable filter to get rid of these soluble / non soluble impurities. Any clues if below is reliable option for same

https://eco365store.com/collections/...r-2-inch-inlet

Idea is to install it on the inlet valve of water tank for whole house. would prefer some thing which can work reliably with normal filter cleaning.

Quote:

Looking at the situation, it doesn't look like the maid is going to be back anytime soon. I have been thinking about getting my mom a dishwasher. Grateful if I could get recommendations and reviews. The budget I have in mind is about 50k. Since mom and dad will be the primary users once the WFH situation is eased, ease of use is a priority.

LG would cost about 45-50k in Vasanth & co(with discounts and cash backs accounted for). We had purchased 3 in my family and extended family put together. And 4 in near and dear. Cant comment about the durability. But as of now all of us are satisfied with the product

Quote:

Originally Posted by .sushilkumar (Post 5074450)
Gents,

Need recommendations for a inline water filter. I don,t need a regular Kent / Aqua guard type since the tap water we get is drinkable and have no TDS issue per se. except for monsoon we drink it daily without any issues.

During monsoon many dust / impurities gets added to our tap water supply as water gets stored in huge tank before supplying it to home. I am just looking for a reliable filter to get rid of these soluble / non soluble impurities. Any clues if below is reliable option for same

https://eco365store.com/collections/...r-2-inch-inlet

Idea is to install it on the inlet valve of water tank for whole house. would prefer some thing which can work reliably with normal filter cleaning.

I have recently installed a similar filter like eco365 from my overhead tank. So far I am happy with it. But this will not filter soluble impurities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 5074299)
we then purchased a Bosch in Sep 2017. It cost me 31500 then and i also took an extended warranty for years 3&4. This came in handy when the heating element died earlier this year. The Bosch seems to be within your budget and is definitely a good buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadya (Post 5074480)
LG would cost about 45-50k in Vasanth & co(with discounts and cash backs accounted for).

Thanks for the revert

A cursory check in Amazon shows LG is more expensive but has "14 place settings" and Bosch has only 12. Any specific models that either of you have in mind?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ike (Post 5074762)
Thanks for the revert

A cursory check in Amazon shows LG is more expensive but has "14 place settings" and Bosch has only 12. Any specific models that either of you have in mind?

Product wise LG has better specifications, space and availability. If you have a budget can go for LG. Bosch has slightly less options but would do the job well. Decide based on budget. You can't go wrong with either.

Any reviews of Euroclean wet and dry vacuum + mop. Advantage is that it can mop as well.

Link: https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz (Post 5076235)
Any reviews of Euroclean wet and dry vacuum + mop. Advantage is that it can mop as well.

Link: https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac

I'm using it for about last one year. Product is good, reliability bad, service is crap.
Here is my mini review:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4855639

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4854189

Quote:

We have a LG dishwasher at home, been using it for the last 7-8 months now, must say it’s very good. Is it worth the extra premium over Bosch? I don’t think so. The whole concept of 14 plate setting or 13 plate setting is not that big a deal and from what I can understand the difference is not very big.

However, where LG scores high is the flexibility in the racks, and plus the steam function. On a day to day basis when you run the machine on the least time possible the steam does not make a big difference, but if you were to run the machine for the normal cycle of around 3 hours then the steam function is a stand out feature. We use the turbo mode which takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes on almost all days, and the normal mode only when we feel that the vessels are greasy or oily more than usual. Don’t worry about all this anyway, get Bosch if you can, and if not LG, a lot of people I know have bought both and have no complaints as such.

To me the steam function justifies the extra premium. LG Dishwasher is just great. Purchaser must be prepared to use the German Finish tabs which come expensive, since its not so good with India made Fortune tabs/powder
Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 5076546)
We have a LG dishwasher at home, been using it for the last 7-8 months now, must say it’s very good. Is it worth the extra premium over Bosch? I don’t think so.

Monsoon's have arrived and so are the power cuts!

Any recommendations for Inverter(power backup) for 3 BHK home?

Never used one earlier, we are couple with WFH, kid with online school, it seems to be a necessity now.

Is buying Inverter online a good idea? wanted to avoid offline purchase given Covid situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstdrive (Post 5077050)
Monsoon's have arrived and so are the power cuts!

Any recommendations for Inverter(power backup) for 3 BHK home?

Never used one earlier, we are couple with WFH, kid with online school, it seems to be a necessity now.

Is buying Inverter online a good idea? wanted to avoid offline purchase given Covid situation.

What is the purpose of buying? Backup only your laptop/desktop? In that case perhaps you can buy online and DIY the setup/connections using the manuals. For anything else, you will need the local guy to do it. Better to buy from him as he will come in handy for any service/repair that may be needed later. For connections to fans/lights, you will need an electrician to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilch (Post 5077059)
What is the purpose of buying? For anything else, you will need the local guy to do it.

Purpose would be having backup for home, I have company provided UPS which does the work for laptop.

The wiring is all there since previous owner had an inverter, when I purchased this house we did not find it useful as we both are working couple and the power cuts usually last from 30 mins to 1 hours that too not very frequent.

The reason for it now is that we are WFH completely and would like to avoid the break in regular work.

Like you said will try to connect with local electrician as well.

We are looking to buy a home convection microwave. It should be 28 liters or around at the minimum, can someone suggest the best ones around from experience if you have recently brought one?

I am looking at something around the 10-12 k range with a budget extendable by max Rs.2000