Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 21:08   #8041
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
Friends, do you have any idea why Dish Washers are are in short supply for delivery in most of the e-commerce sites? at least for my area in Bangalore, I have not seen Dishwashers available for booking from quite some time. Is there a genuine shortage due to import restrictions on critical components or is there an artificial bottleneck created somewhere?
Well its obvious that due to the lockdown many people did not want to allow the house maid, and brought dishwashers to be self reliant. Hence, there was excess demand and there is now too. Forget dishwasher, I could not even find dishwasher soap in the middle of the lockdown. I searched around all supermarkets around south Bangalore, then found it in one place 5km away, had to dodge a few police barricades and reached the place to find one one left. Somehow that sufficed and a few days later I found a mega pack of dishwasher tablets which I brought to stock up

In other news, the water inlet sensor of our Bosch dishwasher failed after a year of use and was replaced under warranty. The guy was clueless why it failed and a new one costs 2100. This made me purchase the extended warranty for four more years after the standard two year warranty to save me from big damage to the pocket if this water inlet sensor repeatedly fails. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 30th July 2020, 22:54   #8042
Distinguished - BHPian

e-Com sites have run out of stock of dishwasher Detergents. Since April I guess. Couldn’t find anything except for some tabs which are priced atrociously. Those trying to find detergents and if they are not able to find it online, try calling ASCs of IFB/Bosch etc. They stock and sell such consumables. I gave a call to the IFB service here locally and they delivered all consumables. I stocked up for 3 months.

Regards.
Old 1st August 2020, 12:43   #8043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Just a decade old and to be put to sleep ? My Sanyo M/Wave is working from 1998.
Well lets just say quality of parts have gone down the drain once manufacturing shifted out of Japan. My 1995 National microwave is still running perfectly till date. Never had to open it up ever. My 2005 Sanyo microwave had its magnetron and a few other parts replaced. The next time it acts up, I'll probably junk it. Both of them were imported from the Middle East brand new.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 19:41   #8044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have purchased a Eureka Forbes Mop 'n Vac.
This is the photo of the dust picked up by the vacuum cleaner today. As we have a dog he is of the habit of littering the place with pieces of Roti of different sizes which it does picks up quite easily. I also cleaned the balcony and it picked up a lot of mud from around the flower pots. However, the dustbin has to be emptied twice. It picks up long hairs quite easily too and the hair doesn't get entangled on the roller brush. For mopping we're using 10 ml savlon mixed with 1 liter water.

Overall, I'm quite happy with purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-vacuum-cleaner.jpg  

Last edited by archat68 : 1st August 2020 at 19:43.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:01   #8045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, do you have any idea why Dish Washers are are in short supply for delivery in most of the e-commerce sites? at least for my area in Bangalore, I have not seen Dishwashers available for booking from quite some time. Is there a genuine shortage due to import restrictions on critical components or is there an artificial bottleneck created somewhere? Please recommend if any of you have seen options available somewhere.

Request mods to move this question if this is not the appropriate thread.
Multiple issues. The manufacturing had come to a standstill, due to lockdown for over a month and half. The existing stocks were rapidly depleted across India because of a huge surge in demand since maids were not allowed into homes.

As per info I got from a dealer:
At Bosch's Chennai factory where the dishwashers are assembled, a lot of workers were from containment zones, hence could not turn up for work.
Manufacturing has improved from the 3rd week of July and supplies started shortly after. I guess it should take another couple of months for the existing backlogs to be cleared and adequate stocks to be made available at dealers and then ecommerce sites.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:58   #8046
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, do you have any idea why Dish Washers are are in short supply for delivery in most of the e-commerce sites? at least for my area in Bangalore, I have not seen Dishwashers available for booking from quite some time. Is there a genuine shortage due to import restrictions on critical components or is there an artificial bottleneck created somewhere? Please recommend if any of you have seen options available somewhere.

Request mods to move this question if this is not the appropriate thread.
Obviously twin factors of surge in demand and shortage of supply due to Covid restrictions have resulted in dishwashers scarcity.
But I feel that many of us are over-reliant on online e-commerce platforms thereby neglecting brick and mortar stores.
I bought a Bosch semi-integrated dishwasher for 44k from a nearby shop and although Bosch standalone dishwashers were not available but other brands were available like Faber, Hafele, Kaff, Whirlpool, LG etc.
Also I have found that prices in physical shops are cheaper than online in many categories including mobile phones, air conditioners and dishwashers etc.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:05   #8047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Can someone please let me know the height range of bottom screws of LG Front load washing Machine 8/9 kg?

If these screws offer me a good elevation then I would drop my idea of buying a stand for washing machine.
Do you foresee a flooding in the washing area? If not, then the screws will work fine. If the drain is free flowing then stand is not required. They provide about half an inch of clearance. Here is the pic from my LG 8 kg front loader:

The Home Appliance thread-20200802_090220.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:04   #8048
Senior - BHPian

What's a semi-integrated dish washer? Something like a semi-automatic clothes washing machine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I bought a Bosch semi-integrated dishwasher for 44k from a nearby shop though Bosch standalone dishwashers were not available
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:31   #8049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Do you foresee a flooding in the washing area? If not, then the screws will work fine. If the drain is free flowing then stand is not required. They provide about half an inch of clearance. Here is the pic from my LG 8 kg front loader:

Attachment 2037297
Thanks for attaching the image.
Flooding would be a chance since the machine will be kept in balcony which will be washed everyday.

Just 2 more quick questions - How much max height can be achieved by raising these screws? Is it advisable to adjust screws to max height ?

What does a free flowing drain imply ?
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:45   #8050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What's a semi-integrated dish washer? Something like a semi-automatic clothes washing machine?
No. A semi-integrated dishwasher comes without any decorative front or top. It slides under the countertop and we have to provide for the front panel which matches cabinetry of the kitchen. Although these should be cheaper than standalone ones but to the contrary these are expensive by almost 10k!
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:12   #8051
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for attaching the image.
Flooding would be a chance since the machine will be kept in balcony which will be washed everyday.

Just 2 more quick questions - How much max height can be achieved by raising these screws? Is it advisable to adjust screws to max height ?

What does a free flowing drain imply ?
Screws are for leveling adjustment and are not intended to provide any substantial height gain. I think you can go little bit more but not much.

By free flowing drain means the outlet water of the washing machine will be guided to any drain pipe from your balcony? The design should be free flowing like slope of the floor is in order, no obstacles etc. Even if you wash your balcony daily, it should be fine, just ask cleaning person not to splash water on machine.

I would suggest you not to buy stand as of now and observe for a few days. If water is accumulating a lot, go for a stand. Most of the LG technicians themselves sell it. (even though it is not recommended). If you are upgrading from a top load machine, you will notice that it consumes very less water and chances of water accumulation are quite low. My former top load would usually flood the area but this one doesn't. Hope this helps.
Old 2nd August 2020, 14:36   #8052
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you not to buy stand as of now and observe for a few days. If water is accumulating a lot, go for a stand. Most of the LG technicians themselves sell it. (even though it is not recommended). Hope this helps.
Thanks for your advice. In that case, let me observe the whole thing for few days and take a call then.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 18:45   #8053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the pic from my LG 8 kg front loader:
May be wrong, but it looks as if the lock nuts are down against the foot, not up against the body, which is where they should be tightened to work as lock nuts.
Quote:
Is it advisable to adjust screws to max height ?
I think no. Consider the lateral stresses you are putting on small diameter-screws. I agree with...
Quote:
Screws are for leveling adjustment and are not intended to provide any substantial height gain.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 20:54   #8054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Multiple issues. The manufacturing had come to a standstill, due to lockdown for over a month and half. The existing stocks were rapidly depleted across India because of a huge surge in demand since maids were not allowed into homes.

As per info I got from a dealer:

At Bosch's Chennai factory where the dishwashers are assembled, a lot of workers were from containment zones, hence could not turn up for work.

Manufacturing has improved from the 3rd week of July and supplies started shortly after. I guess it should take another couple of months for the existing backlogs to be cleared and adequate stocks to be made available at dealers and then ecommerce sites.

I was informed that Bosch dishwashers are made in Turkey and imported to India. A lot of folks in our apartment society have done bulk booking of Dishwashers thru 2 Bosch Brand showrooms, and we were initially promised a delivery date of July 4th week, but were informed later that there is delay in the import consignment arriving and therefore the expected date is sometime in the 2nd week of August.
Old 2nd August 2020, 21:41   #8055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
May be wrong, but it looks as if the lock nuts are down against the foot, not up against the body, which is where they should be tightened to work as lock nuts.
Actually locking arrangement works by 2 nuts back to back. Here is a better pic of the arrangement. Hope this clears the confusion. Apologies for the previous pic.

The Home Appliance thread-20200802_213911.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks