Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 17:39   #8026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
it will be a water pipe based washing
I fear that, if you want to put the machine there, adjustments will have to be made. Branded or unbranded, these stands are made for gentler things.

My suggestion, if you wish to go on hosing the balcony, is to build a 1-brick platform. Get it done by a mason who uses a spirit level: it must be level.

Is the machine protected from rain? Our machine is in a side passage, but it is protected from all but flood. They are built for water on the inside, not water on the outside .
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 20:16   #8027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
built for water on the inside, not water on the outside .
Yes, I will think about a higher level surface as you suggested. But all depends on my Mom if she will be ready to alter tile work and get a raised platform . Tricky to convince I believe.

Machine is safe from rain however open to strong winds of dust.
Old 29th July 2020, 19:03   #8028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Came across the Roidmi F8 and it looks like it is a decent alternative to the dyson at half the price. I have ordered it for now. Let's see how it turns out.
Quote:
This little fella can really suck. I tried it on my fabric sofa and the .4l container was almost half full with dust!! We were astonished. For 20k it seems decent choice. The build quality is pretty high and seems like it can last a few years. (Though some nagging compromises are there, esp the dust container design. It's very poor by the high standards of the rest of the product)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Managed to snag one on flipkart after looking for this for days. Delivering on Monday, so not on cleaning duty tomorrow.
Hi, so whats the verdict after usage of almost 15-20 days?
Old 29th July 2020, 19:38   #8029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
It's quite nifty. Get the corners and the unreachable places with an old fashioned jhaadu to push the dust in the open. And clean up everything in the open areas with the vac. Less than a third of usual time this takes compared to before. Battery is fair, and it charges up quite fast too. Typically only takes about 2-3 minutes in a room if you do the preliminary broad sweep.
Old 29th July 2020, 19:40   #8030
BHPian

Quote:
It's quite nifty. Get the corners and the unreachable places with an old fashioned jhaadu to push the dust in the open. Typically only takes about 2-3 minutes in a room if you do the preliminary broad sweep.
This means that the traditional jhaadu / brooming has to be done prior to running the vacuum?

Quote:
Nope. Only the nooks where it's obvious that the vacuum head will not be able to reach
Ok, any particular area you found it lacking in or is it a 100% recommendation for the price. I was considering this along with robovac Xiaomi Mop-P (Pre order) to do away with traditional Broom and Mop.

Last edited by roamer012 : 29th July 2020 at 19:48.
Old 29th July 2020, 19:46   #8031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This means that the traditional jhaadu / brooming has to be done prior to running the vacuum?
Nope. Only the nooks where it's obvious that the vacuum head will not be able to reach
Old 30th July 2020, 08:30   #8032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, my usage pattern is like this. I use it every day to sweep the place. It's a 5 min chore in the morning and the place is acceptably clean. Every Saturday we first broom the house (it's a 3bhk) and the vacuum it. Then we mop it. The advantage is now mopping becomes very fast as the vacuum sucks away all the fine dirt and all the hairs etc.

So on Saturday our place is really clean. Then this is good enough to maintain acceptable cleanliness for the week just by vacuuming.

There are certain advantages of having this kind of handheld/wireless vacuum over a robovac type. The most obvious is you can clean your mattresses, sofas, windows, curtains, fans etc. You can take out webs easily. Also you can take it and vacuum your car. The robovac on the other hand can work without supervision and can mop also so that has its own set of benefits. You can go by what you feel benefits you the most.

There are some limitations/compromises with this vacuum. Add I already said, dust container is very poor design. Emptying it is really cumbersome and can be messy. They are not giving us the soft roller here in India which is actually better on hard/tile floors which normally we have here. But it can bought separately. Also you will need to keep replacing the dust filters (no such requirement in the Dyson)

Its a fair compromise compared to the dyson vacuum at half the price. I think we are convinced it is useful device. We were apprehensive about putting 45k on the Dyson (v10) so thought about saving some money and try this one. Maybe next time, when this one gives up, we will consider Dyson at that time.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:45   #8033
BHPian

Quote:
It's quite nifty. Get the corners and the unreachable places with an old fashioned jhaadu to push the dust in the open. And clean up everything in the open areas with the vac. Less than a third of usual time this takes compared to before. Battery is fair, and it charges up quite fast too. Typically only takes about 2-3 minutes in a room if you do the preliminary broad sweep.
Quote:
Its a fair compromise compared to the dyson vacuum at half the price. I think we are convinced it is useful device. We were apprehensive about putting 45k on the Dyson (v10) so thought about saving some money and try this one. Maybe next time, when this one gives up, we will consider Dyson at that time.
Thanks for you inputs, have placed an order today for the same.
Old 30th July 2020, 12:55   #8034
BHPian

I have purchased a Eureka Forbes Mop 'n Vac. It's a corded wet and dry stick type vaccum cleaner. It has a inbuilt chamber for cleaning solution to be used for mopping. I can vacuum and mop my floors at one go. Quite powerful. Very good result although the dust chamber is not quite big. I'm using this for last 3 weeks daily for my hard floor (ceramic). Quite satisfactory result. They give 2 years warranty for the whole machine except the roller brush. The roller brush costs Rs 500 and as per them should last more than 2 years. It takes about 15 minutes max to clean my 3bhk 1300sft apartment.

The price is 21990/-. I got a discount of Rs 1500 for exchanging my old vacuum cleaner. bought directly from Eureka Forbes. The product is in short supply. So if intends to purchase, only pay nominal amount to book and tell them that full payment will be made only after delivery.

The product link: https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac

youtube review (not mine):

Last edited by archat68 : 30th July 2020 at 12:57.
archat68 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 17:10   #8035
Distinguished - BHPian

Dyson prices are just ridiculous. They are ridiculous in England, let alone India.

I had the cheapest one they ever made. Around 100 GBP then (say rs9,500). It was very good, and I would still be happy with it, but it was a flood victim.
Old 30th July 2020, 17:20   #8036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
A word on the service and a job well done by the Samsung team in Dwarka, New Delhi.

My decade old microwave stopped heating all of a sudden on a Sunday afternoon. Logged a ticket with the Samsung support team and the engineer was at the doorstep within 48 hours. He was equipped with all the spare parts (including the magnetron which was ultimately not required), diagnosed in 5 minutes and replaced a capacitor in another five minutes. Total charges = Rs 754 (354 visit charges + 400 spare parts).

Pretty happy with the product (in regular use since 2009) and the service from Samsung.
Maybe I spoke to soon. The microwave was functioning, but the heating was very low. Something that earlier took 1 minute was now taking 5. The engineer turned up within 24 hours and changed the magnetron for Rs 1795. No service charges.
Old 30th July 2020, 18:27   #8037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Maybe I spoke to soon.
In my opinion, it would be better to get a new microwave, because by this time all the other components would be near their end of life too. However, YMMV.
Old 30th July 2020, 18:56   #8038
BHPian

Friends, do you have any idea why Dish Washers are are in short supply for delivery in most of the e-commerce sites? at least for my area in Bangalore, I have not seen Dishwashers available for booking from quite some time. Is there a genuine shortage due to import restrictions on critical components or is there an artificial bottleneck created somewhere? Please recommend if any of you have seen options available somewhere.

Request mods to move this question if this is not the appropriate thread.
Old 30th July 2020, 19:39   #8039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
In my opinion, it would be better to get a new microwave, because by this time all the other components would be near their end of life too. However, YMMV.
Just a decade old and to be put to sleep ? My Sanyo M/Wave is working from 1998. It did have some minor problem with Controls (PCB). Rather than risking its repair, I got some electrical changes done to my requirements, and continue using it without any problem.
The Bulb fused and am not getting replacement Bulb as Base thread is E15. Discarded it and installed LED in lieu of it.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 19:56   #8040
BHPian

Can someone please let me know the height range of bottom screws of LG Front load washing Machine 8/9 kg?

If these screws offer me a good elevation then I would drop my idea of buying a stand for washing machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks