Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 15:46   #6526
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Its three years since we have used our first air purifier. Hepa filter is still original. However it would be best to replace often.

I once contacted Philips by mail for replacement filter. They asked me where I bought the air purifier. I wondered what they were suspicions about. I had mentioned the model number, they could have just told me where I could get the filter. I had not pursued further and continued with original filter.
But isn't 3 years too long for a filter to be in use? I heard that the filters need to be changed once in 3 - 6 months (based on usage). Or is it that you do not use the purifier too often?
Old 20th November 2017, 10:54   #6527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
But isn't 3 years too long for a filter to be in use? I heard that the filters need to be changed once in 3 - 6 months (based on usage). Or is it that you do not use the purifier too often?
Yes three years is indeed a long time. I did try to get a replacement, as mentioned in other posts. This particular air purifier has a pre-filter and a "multi care" (Philips lingo) which cost more than Rs 5000 right now in Amazon. Another Philips air purifier that I have has a pre-filter, activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter. Due to the two filters before it, the HEPA filter is subjected to less dirt. I usually wash the pre-filter and vacuum the activated carbon filter. A lot of dirt is retained by the activated carbon filter. I have vacuumed it twice, done it outdoor wearing a 3M N92 mask.

I am now tempted to vacuum the multicare filter too but am not sure whether it will spoil the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe they were trying to see if the same seller could help you with the replacement filter. Or perhaps they were looking for the location?
Must be a psychological thing: I had a preconceived expectation. When the response did not match I balked.
Old 28th November 2017, 19:45   #6528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It will take a British/Singapore-flat-blade plug. Actually 13 amps --- but it is the plug in UK, and copes with 2kw or even 3kw devices. And it is fused.
Got delivery of the UK style plugs in 13A. Wonderful item with a switch, fuse, powered on indicator and high ampere rating in a small form factor.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-1511878502824.jpg  

Old 28th November 2017, 22:05   #6529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
... with a switch, fuse, powered on indicator and high ampere rating in a small form factor.
It is unusual for them to have pilot lights; I don't think I've ever seen one with a switch!
Old 28th November 2017, 22:55   #6530
BHPian

Guys,
I have a Panasonic ER206K hair/beard trimmer from few years. I'm in need of the oil bottle which is provided in the pack when we buy. Searched online but of no use as only oil is not sold. Any idea where do we get it or any alternative to do for as the trimmer works slowly now.
Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 11:35   #6531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys,
I have a Panasonic ER206K hair/beard trimmer from few years. I'm in need of the oil bottle which is provided in the pack when we buy. Searched online but of no use as only oil is not sold. Any idea where do we get it or any alternative to do for as the trimmer works slowly now.
Thanks
You can use this:
https://www.amazon.in/Glare-Sewing-M...ds=machine+oil

Or you can use any non-sticky hair oil.
Old 29th November 2017, 15:07   #6532
BHPian

I am seeing Fortune branded dishwasher cleaning products listed in the Bosch site rather than the usual Finish.

Has Bosch cut their partnership with Finish?
Old 29th November 2017, 16:40   #6533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys,
I have a Panasonic ER206K hair/beard trimmer from few years. I'm in need of the oil bottle which is provided in the pack when we buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Or Singer, which comes in much the same kind of bottle. Local general shop may sell, mine does. Or a sewing-machine shop or repair guy.

The oil is very light. My big mistake with these bottles was cutting 1/4-inch off the dropper. It floods out! You need just a pin prick in the end. Actually, I made myself a precision oiler from an old eye-drops bottle and a hypodermic needle. If you do that, first thing is to blunt the tip, or working with it will be dangerous.
Old 1st December 2017, 14:39   #6534
BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a 591L Samsung wine color about 6 months back. The Samsung store was the cheapest considering all offers and zero percent EMI. It worked out to about 77k then. Here is the white equivalent and I should probably have taken the white. The wine shows up finger smudges very quickly.
Hey got the same white one for 73k from kohinoor, however the doors are not aligned properly. the freezer freezer door sits 3-4mm up compared to the refrigerator door. do you have same issue. The demo person said its normal, i dont think so.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-24db7caf04374cd9943a3da442d8ba2d.jpeg  

Old 1st December 2017, 14:52   #6535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
the doors are not aligned properly. the freezer freezer door sits 3-4mm up compared to the refrigerator door. do you have same issue.
Yes same issue but I think it is due to the stuff that we keep in the door of the refrigerator side when compared to the freezer side. I saw it in the showroom and asked the sales guy, he had no answer.
BTW does your color show finger prints or hand smudges?

Last edited by diyguy : 1st December 2017 at 14:53.
Old 1st December 2017, 15:53   #6536
BHPian

Quote:
Yes same issue but I think it is due to the stuff that we keep in the door of the refrigerator side when compared to the freezer side. I saw it in the showroom and asked the sales guy, he had no answer.
BTW does your color show finger prints or hand smudges?
Mine just came two days back and this alignment issue was there from the beginning, may be a design flaw. Can you also share a photo of misalignment on your refrigerator?
White does not show smudges or fingerprint as much as say a black or darker shade would do.
I initially booked an LG 687 L fridge from paytm, but the courier refused to deliver on 1st floor as my building does not have lift/elevator.And neither paytm nor gati express were willing to take responsibility in case of any damage while bringing it to 1st floor. So cancelled the order and got this samsung from kohinoor.

Last edited by sagpatel : 1st December 2017 at 15:55.
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:36   #6537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Mine just came two days back and this alignment issue was there from the beginning, may be a design flaw.
i think if you adjust the legs underneath this should become ok. I am not very sure what causes this as I have seen it sometimes on even keel. It could also be a slope of the floor or weight of items kept in the door. See a slight difference of my doors. I kept a phone on the top and you can see the gap on the right side to indicate the alignment difference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-1512169537660.jpg  

Old 6th December 2017, 23:17   #6538
Senior - BHPian

Guys having air purifier at home, does it help in reducing the dust level in the rooms? I stay in Hinjewadi, Pune and the place is so dusty that it gets on my nerves. Vacuuming daily is not possible and don't like to keep windows closed always.

Was wondering what could be a way out. Is air purifier going to help somehow?
Old 7th December 2017, 00:15   #6539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys having air purifier at home, does it help in reducing the dust level in the rooms? I stay in Hinjewadi, Pune and the place is so dusty that it gets on my nerves. Vacuuming daily is not possible and don't like to keep windows closed always.

I read an interesting thread on Quota fancy air purifiers are as effective as a HEPA filter attached to a fan this is after lot of practical scientific study by an individual

https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-b...Thomas-Talhelm
Old 7th December 2017, 11:46   #6540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

If you keep the windows open then no amount of air purification will help, as fresh dust will always come through the open windows.

If you want fresh air with no dust, then you have to blow the air from the window through a filter. The least expensive option is to modify a cooler, replacing normal side straw filters with a better filter material. The water flowing through the straw filter actually traps a lot of dust cleaning the air.

If you feel that the air from the cooler is too cold for comfort, you can pass it through a heater.

In short you have to have a robust air cleaning and conditioning system to get rid of dust and at the same time have fresh ir circulating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks