Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2017, 18:10   #6436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

One of my friend is looking to purchase a water purifier. She is staying in an apartment where the water source is either borewell/ tankers. What kind of water purifier should she look into? She is not aware of the TDS level . Any suggestions?
Old 4th August 2017, 18:22   #6437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
One of my friend is looking to purchase a water purifier. She is staying in an apartment where the water source is either borewell/ tankers. What kind of water purifier should she look into? She is not aware of the TDS level . Any suggestions?
Fortunately, Team-Bhp even has a dedicated Water Purifier Thread (Recommended water purifier?)

Has lots of good information and should give you a fair idea on the options.
Old 17th August 2017, 15:50   #6438
BHPian

Hello all,

My 7 year - LG Front load washing machine is not working any more, i am fed up with LG service (had bad experience with Samsung service too), looking for a replacement

- Most of my colleagues suggest IFB Washing machine and some Bosch (although parts and service is expensive), i have no experience with eighter of these brands, what has been your experience? Would you suggest these brands?

Thanks in Advance
Old 17th August 2017, 16:10   #6439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Fortunately, Team-Bhp even has a dedicated Water Purifier Thread (Recommended water purifier?)

Has lots of good information and should give you a fair idea on the options.
Thanks Rajeev. I missed thanking you earlier for directing me to the right thread. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Hello all,

My 7 year - LG Front load washing machine is not working any more, i am fed up with LG service (had bad experience with Samsung service too), looking for a replacement

- Most of my colleagues suggest IFB Washing machine and some Bosch (although parts and service is expensive), i have no experience with eighter of these brands, what has been your experience? Would you suggest these brands?

Thanks in Advance
I have been using Bosch since past 8-9 months. It is my first front load WM and I do not have much knowledge about other brands. I had a whirlpool top load before and my experience with regards to bosch WM in comparison to whirlpool WM:
1. Super silent
2. I feel that the cleaning is also better.
3. Good customer care. They take care of calling before delivery and also the SA would call on the same day and get the installation + demo completed.

I was recommended by couple of my friends who are using Bosch from past 2 years and are happy.
Old 17th August 2017, 16:14   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
.....Most of my colleagues suggest IFB Washing machine and some Bosch (although parts and service is expensive), i have no experience with eighter of these brands, what has been your experience? Would you suggest these brands?
I have an IFB washing machine (Senorita Aqua) purchased in 2014 and microwave oven bought in 2015, from my experience their service is also average.

1. The service is not quick, they take their own sweet time to send a technician.
2. The technician who once came did not have any idea what the problem was, he had to call another senior technician for help. The issue was a minor one and it took them 2 hours. But the good thing was that he stayed for those 2 hours and made sure the issue is resolved.
3. The advantage I have is that their showroom is near to my house and I can always go and request a service or a callback.
4. Their products are pretty good. I never had any issues with my oven and only a minor issue once with the washing machine so far.
5. Their service network is not as widespread compared to LG or Samsung.
Old 17th August 2017, 16:15   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks in Advance
Stay away from IFB. Though I have been using IFB since last 16 years or so (currently using 2nd one), the quality of the machine/wash is not that great. Recently one of my cousin has brought Bosch and he is extremely happy with its performance.
And I always thought LG is quite popular with both performance and servicing, until i read your post.
Old 17th August 2017, 16:32   #6442
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks in Advance

Even I was inclined towards Bosch W/M earlier, but dropped the idea after going through following thread, and opted for LG.

https://techenclave.com/community/th...achine.164705/

"Siemens & Bosch want a minimum of 1 bar of water pressure, 1 bar is the pressure it would take to push water up to a height of 10 metres. If your water tank is situated at that height from the machine then fine otherwise not. The conversion is 0.1 bar = 1 metre. So to work out your water pressure, estimate the height in metres that the tank is from your washer.

Samsungs will work at 0.5 bar, header tank is 5m above the washer.

LG's will work at 0.3 bar, header tank is just 3 m above the washer. This is for the washers only, have noticed LG's washer dryers want 1 bar instead of 0.3 bar.

Score for the Koreans, lose for the Germans."

Please go through it, keep it in mind the height between water tank, and the place where W/M is kept.
Old 17th August 2017, 17:10   #6443
BHPian

We have been using a Bosch machine for nearly 5+ years and have faced no such issues with our water tank situated at 20 ft above the machine. According to your statements, it should be at least 33ft.
Also, one can put a dedicated, bigger pipe from the tank for the washing machine as we are going to do now at our new home, where the height is going to be reduced to just 12 ft.
Old 17th August 2017, 19:28   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I have been using Bosch since past 8-9 months.
Thank you for the update, most probably will pick Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I have an IFB washing machine
Thank you for the update, unfortunately don't have the time to follow up with these companies, yes read multiple reviews that IFB and Samsung has outsourced their service to 3rd party providers and they are doing a lousy job in maintaining service levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Stay away from IFB.

And I always thought LG is quite popular with both performance and servicing, until i read your post.
Thanks for the update on IFB, LG worked flawlessly for the last 7 years, but in last 6 months the led system and buttons were acting up and now its completely dead. if i start writing about the experience with customer care and onsite tech, i would need a separate post, in short it was horrible. and i now regret buying all other products from LG (3 tv's - including their top of the line 3D TV, DVD player, Washing machine, fridge and Oven) and i was recommending them to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Even I was inclined towards Bosch W/M earlier, but dropped the idea after going through following thread, and opted for LG.
Thanks for the link, i am sure i get adequate pressure (we stay in Ground Floor and the tank is in 2nd floor), but good to know.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 19:40   #6445
BHPian

Guys, even I am in the market for new washing machine. Have few questions. Bosch has machines from 6 kg onwards. Our loads are mostly lesser than 6 but one of the salesmen was saying, the openings are too small for 6 kg machines. If I go for 6.5 or 7, it would be better. But the price difference is 25% here. How is you experience?

Also, there are so many features listed, are those really used? I am coming from a top load auto machine which had very few features.
Old 17th August 2017, 19:55   #6446
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post

https://techenclave.com/community/th...achine.164705/
I beg to differ with that thread which is of 2014 vintage. I picked up a Bosch 7.5 Kg from reliance digital.

http://www.bosch-home.in/productlist...nes/WAT20165IN

I was using a semi automatic top load earlier. I stay on 1st floor and my water tank is on 4th floor but i have not faced any pressure issues as such. Do note that water supply is not consistent even from overhead tank since pipes are clogged due to rust et all but still i never faced any pressure issue. We usually use machine against normal MCD supply where pressure is minimum but still no issues with water pressure.

Service wise Bosch is good. they replaced my machine within 7 days of purchase since there was transit damage.
Old 19th August 2017, 09:35   #6447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, even I am in the market for new washing machine. Have few questions. Bosch has machines from 6 kg onwards. Our loads are mostly lesser than 6 but one of the salesmen was saying, the openings are too small for 6 kg machines. If I go for 6.5 or 7, it would be better. But the price difference is 25% here. How is you experience?

Also, there are so many features listed, are those really used? I am coming from a top load auto machine which had very few features.
6kg WM can handle lower loads, even 1/4 full, so that should not be a problem. The smaller opening and drum is there to ensure that you do not overload the machine. My wife used to regularly overload our IFB as it has a large drum. But overloading not only spoils the machine, but if you stuff it, there is no tumbling of clothes and the wash is not as good.

A larger capacity machine has a lot of advantages even if you use it once a year. You can wash
. Blankets
. Durries
. Curtains

In short any voluminous load that can not fit a smaller machine. We wash all the above at least twice a year,
Old 20th August 2017, 13:41   #6448
Senior - BHPian

Guys! Need some assistance.

At present we have 2 ACs at home and the current electricity load given by the WEST BENGAL STATE ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY LIMITED (WBSEDCL) is 7.060 KVA.

So mum wants to add 3 more ACs.

This has led to a debate - how much increase is required in the current load so as to operate the 5 ACs. We wont be using all the 5 ACs at once (maybe once or twice in a year).

Our electrician suggested we increase it to 10 KVA for which we made an application to the (WBSEDCL) and they gave a quote of INR 20,000 to increase the load.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Is 7.060 KVA alright for 5 ACs or do we really need to increase the load to 10 KVA and pay 20K to the service provider?

P.S: Current scenario: 2 ACs - 1.5 TON each.
Would be scenario 1: 5 ACs - (3 ACs X 1.5 TON + 2 ACs X 2 TON)
Would be scenario 2: 5 ACs - (4 ACs X 1.5 TON + 1 AC X 2 TON)

Last edited by Pancham : 20th August 2017 at 13:45.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:43   #6449
Distinguished - BHPian

Purchased this LG Washer/Dryer from Croma (the exact model number is different, but the same unit), Bangalore. Had evaluated models from Bosch and IFB too. My earlier washing machine was LG and was quite abuse friendly,in addition the store recommendation was also LG, hence went ahead with it.

Was delivered and installed promptly. Has a huge number of programs and yet to explore all. Tried the default wash+ dry cycle and am quite satisfied so far. Takes about 3.5 hours for a wash to dry cycle and clothes come out 100% dry.

Was also surprised to see that the machine was Wifi Enabled (Neither the sales guy nor the technician told me that). What it means is, with the LG Mobile App, one can connect and remotely track the progress of the wash and dry cycle. Also possible to select the mode and trigger a remote start. (Have not tried it yet). It also calculates data about the energy consumption and other diagnostic info if needed. Again, need to verify on the accuracy and other details.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:44   #6450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Purchased this LG Washer/Dryer from Croma (the exact model number is different, but the same unit), Bangalore. Had evaluated models from Bosch and IFB too. My earlier washing machine was LG and was quite abuse friendly,in addition the store recommendation was also LG, hence went ahead with it.
How much did you pay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks