Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 18:00   #7936
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

The microwave oven I brought from UK was, I think, Panasonic. It failed after a few years, and repair was not economical. Amazingly, the local service station was prepared to give me a few Rs for it to add to their spares stock!

My current LG machine failed once, and I was amazed that it was repaired promptly by LG, even though this was just after the Chennai flood, when all service departments were so busy.

I have no need of another one. As mentioned, I only really use 1/3rd of its functionality --- but I would upgrade for one thing, and that is an inverter model. Panasonic used to sell one, but whenever I look it doesn't seem to be available.

The advantage: microwaves have different power settings, but they implement this by cycling the power so that, for 50%, it is only on for half the time. As folks can imagine, an inverter model implements 50% power by running at 50% power for 100% of the time.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 19:21   #7937
Senior - BHPian

Bosch seems to be offering 4 years of Extended Warranty apart from the 2 Years of Standard Warranty (2 + 4). At the time of purchase of my Dishwasher I had got 2 years of Standard Warranty and had opted for additional 2 years of Extended Warranty at an additional charge (2 + 2)

The Home Appliance thread-boschextended_warranty.png
Bosch Extended Warranty

I called up and checked with the Customer Service and asked if they can extend my existing 2 years Extended Warranty to 4 years and the answer was No.

But I wanted to double check here if anyone has explored this option and if there is any possibility?

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th July 2020 at 19:24.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 21:16   #7938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Thanks for the post. I'm from Trichy. May I know if the bulk booking is done directly with Bosch? In case If I join will they be able to deliver me to Trichy?

So its not directly with Bosch, its thru a Bosch brand store. The dealer who is delivering to us in Bangalore is from Hosur and claims that the shipment of Dishwashers actually come from Chennai for most of south India.
If you are really interested, do send me direct message and I will share the dealers number. You can check it out with him.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 11:17   #7939
BHPian

After comparing the Bosch dish washer models with the only model that LG has on their website, my preference is now in favor of the LG though it is more expensive. The warranty seems to be better compared to the Bosch. The fact that I have a 10 year old LG washing machine which is working fine (touchwood) with only one repair during its lifetime makes me feel the product quality should be very good.

But recently when tried to reach out to LG for a minor issue with the washing machine there has been no response from them till date. So on the service front my confidence with LG is low as of now.

So I want to check the after sale service experience between Bosch and LG (in Bangalore ) from our esteemed t-bhp members.

Last edited by mohan41 : 6th July 2020 at 11:18.
Old 6th July 2020, 13:01   #7940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
So I want to check the after sale service experience between Bosch and LG (in Bangalore ) from our esteemed t-bhp members.
I'm not in BLR but in Kolkata but I've a LG front loader washing machine about 10 years old and a Bosch dishwasher about 2.5 years old.

The service between these two brands in pre-covid scenario was nothing even to compare about. Don't know post Covid situation though.

The LG WM never gave me any major issues till date. Whenever a problem occurred it was attended on the same working day, the technicians are knowledgeable and if we can describe them the problem correctly they usually carry the requisite spare with them. So the usually the problem is solved in one working day. However, till date nothing major happened and service cost didn't cross 2K in any case.

On the other hand, Bosch usually sends the technician within on day but the first technician they sent usually have zero knowledge about dishwashers (atleast in my case). They will inspect and poke the machine helplessly, blame the water pressure to be at fault (always), call some superior and consult and finally give up. In Kolkata there seemed to be only one guy in Bosch service who knows anything about DW. Whenever, problem occurs now-a-days after lodging a complaint, I call him directly and request him to attend the call. If I'm in luck and he is free he attends and if I'm luckier and the requite spares are in stock the problem gets sorted out in 3-4 days. The service guys was unable to find the fault in my DW after changing so many parts and trying for one month and finally when I escalated to higher ups in Bosch the machine was replaced with a brand new machine within the first year of purchase. The details are there somewhere in this thread.

So, this is my experience of LG and Bosch service in Kolkata. Just see if it helps....

Last edited by archat68 : 6th July 2020 at 13:03.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 22:47   #7941
BHPian

I was thinking of purchasing a Dyson V8 but it is out of stock everywhere. While searching came across the Eureka Forbes Mop N Vac. It is a corded vaccuum cleaner cum mop. Seems interesting at 22K.
Anybody using it?
https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac
Old 7th July 2020, 00:10   #7942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I was thinking of purchasing a Dyson V8 but it is out of stock everywhere. While searching came across the Eureka Forbes Mop N Vac. It is a corded vaccuum cleaner cum mop. Seems interesting at 22K.
Anybody using it?
https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac
Personally have bad experience with Eureka Forbes products and esp their service. So I avoid them now.

I was also contemplating Dyson (the v10) but it isn't available. Came across the Roidmi F8 and it looks like it is a decent alternative to the dyson at half the price. I have ordered it for now. Let's see how it turns out.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:20   #7943
BHPian

The Roidmi F8 seems promising. Thanks for heads up.

The only advantage the Eureka Forbes Mop N Vac has is that it is a vacuum cleaner cum mop. So effectively we can do two jobs at one pass.
Old 7th July 2020, 11:26   #7944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Personally have bad experience with Eureka Forbes products and esp their service. So I avoid them now.

I was also contemplating Dyson (the v10) but it isn't available. Came across the Roidmi F8 and it looks like it is a decent alternative to the dyson at half the price. I have ordered it for now. Let's see how it turns out.
Would really appreciate a first hand out of the box review please... It means you should clean your house with this at least once as soon as the box arrives!!!
I am in the same boat, and somehow find it galling to spend close to 40-50 k on a vacuum cleaner.
Old 7th July 2020, 11:36   #7945
Team-BHP Support

Does it help to use the Rinse Aid and Salt in the Dishwasher (Siemens)? The water at our place isn't hard, maybe 50ish TDS. Also, is it recommended to use the Descaler? How often?
Old 7th July 2020, 11:59   #7946
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been looking for Bosch dishwashers (based in Hyderabad) everyday online (Amzon/Flipkart/RelianceDigital), but nothing is in stock. Prebooked SMS66GI01I on reliance digital on 6th and they are saying the delivery date will be post 28th July. Price is 41k. Price looks quite steep.

Anyone else looking for these in Hyderabad?
Old 7th July 2020, 12:03   #7947
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Does it help to use the Rinse Aid and Salt in the Dishwasher (Siemens)? The water at our place isn't hard, maybe 50ish TDS. Also, is it recommended to use the Descaler? How often?
You have to add the salt but can reduce the softner level so it will use lesser salt. Why not let the machine decide how much salt it needs.

Also rinseaid is needed to prevent water spots on vessels even if water is soft.

Since steam will leave water spots. Even that can be set to use minimal and machine then uses accordingly.
Old 7th July 2020, 12:35   #7948
BANNED

Any suggestions for a good Expresso Coffee maker. I am partial to Krups but do not find it on Amazon. I have been hit with a poor machine in the pasty.
Old 7th July 2020, 12:47   #7949
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I have been looking for Bosch dishwashers (based in Hyderabad) everyday online (Amzon/Flipkart/RelianceDigital), but nothing is in stock. Prebooked SMS66GI01I on reliance digital on 6th and they are saying the delivery date will be post 28th July. Price is 41k. Price looks quite steep.

Anyone else looking for these in Hyderabad?
Just now saw in Reliance Digital it says 11th July to 13th July prebooking and delivery to start from 28th July 2020. Opportunity used by Bosch or Reliance to earn more money but it costs now Rs. 40990/- in Reliance Digital site. BTW, I've prebooked in Bosch website for this model. Don't know if I will be considered on priority.
Old 7th July 2020, 12:52   #7950
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Just now saw in Reliance Digital it says 11th July to 13th July prebooking and delivery to start from 28th July 2020. Opportunity used by Bosch or Reliance to earn more money but it costs now Rs. 40990/- in Reliance Digital site. BTW, I've prebooked in Bosch website for this model. Don't know if I will be considered on priority.
Yes. They had earlier pre-order open from 6-8th July which got over on 6th itself. Price is too high but everyone is taking advantage of the pandemic.

I had also pre-booked in bosch website, but yet to hear any email from them. That was just providing some details. The reliance digital one is about paying upfront. So I guess, bosch email will be sent only later when the product is in stock.

Most Viewed