Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2020, 22:03   #7831
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Home Appliance thread

I also have three Atomberg fans efficio series and all of them remember the last setting and switch On automatically in the last state it was in. If its in standby it remains on stand by when power resumes, if it was on speed 1 to 5 it will will start at the set speed after power resumes.

I also have the Atomberg pedestal fan and it also remembers the last setting and resumes on last know setting on power resumption. Contrary to what @Shamegz said the power consumption during stand by is definitely way low, less then 1 watt.

I believe there are 2 versions of the pedestal fan mine has the oscillate, speed 1, 2, 3 , On/off function on remote and on the main fan. The one I see currently on amazon is different it has plus and minus button and no speed button on the unit or the remote.

Last edited by aim120 : 4th June 2020 at 22:10.
Old 5th June 2020, 11:28   #7832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Trying out different detergent tabs for Dishwasher, IFB (German make) came out the best. Finish powerball (Made in Germany) is superb but really expensive. Fortune (Indian make) is great value, at Rs 10-15 a pop (when bought in bulk) and does its job. Bought a small box of Persil (UK import), and was majorly disappointed. Not for Indian cooking. Deep muck and fry stain weren't dislodged at all. Only packaging seems great
Where to buy the IFB tabs and how much do they cost?
Old 5th June 2020, 11:55   #7833
Senior - BHPian

I bought the IFB tabs from IFB showroom. They cost 750. It was available for a brief time on Amazon, but demand outstrips supply. Plz check
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Where to buy the IFB tabs and how much do they cost?
Old 5th June 2020, 12:14   #7834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the IFB tabs from IFB showroom. They cost 750. It was available for a brief time on Amazon, but demand outstrips supply. Plz check
How many tablets do we get for Rs.750?
Old 5th June 2020, 12:20   #7835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How many tablets do we get for Rs.750?
You get 30 tabs. But they are much more superior to the powder and the shine and cleanliness is very visible. I got them from a nearby supermarket when nothing was available on Amazon.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:09   #7836
KPR
BANNED

Has anyone tried home made dishwasher detergents that are shown in many websites/youtube? How are the results?
Old 5th June 2020, 13:25   #7837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Has anyone tried home made dishwasher detergents that are shown in many websites/Youtube? How are the results?
I tried. Doesn't work for our Indian cooking. May work for western cooking though.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:58   #7838
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I tried. Doesn't work for our Indian cooking. May work for western cooking though.
Oh. That's a big market in future for sure. Now I'm tempted to try out a business out of these by making affordable DW detergents with proper formula ? Dishwashers demand has increased due to lock down and so does DW detergent demand too.
Old 5th June 2020, 14:11   #7839
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. That's a big market in future for sure. Now I'm tempted to try out a business out of these by making affordable DW detergents with proper formula ? Dishwashers demand has increased due to lock down and so does DW detergent demand too.
Dishwasher detergents in India are mostly consists of Sodium Carbonate and Trisodium Phosphate.

In western countries Trisodium Phosphate is banned due to its adverse effect on ecosystem. There it is Sodium carbonate+sodium silicate. Some contains Sodium Perborate too.
Old 5th June 2020, 14:46   #7840
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour is a science major. She makes them at home. Good results
Quote:
Old 5th June 2020, 14:50   #7841
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Good results
Why not try out your neighbours detergent, review its performance ?
Old 5th June 2020, 14:51   #7842
Senior - BHPian

I'm hesitant to ask actually. heh heh. Who asks for detergent? By the way Fortune detergent is cheap, at 10 bucks a round. Its good actually
Quote:
Why not try out your neighbours detergent, review its performance ?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 14:55   #7843
BHPian

Quote:
I'm hesitant to ask actually. heh heh. Who asks for detergent? By the way Fortune detergent is cheap, at 10 bucks a round. Its good actually
Atleast ask for the formula/composition. May come handy in situation like this when in many places the stores are closed, Amazon is not delivering.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 15:03   #7844
Senior - BHPian

Will do. Amazon is weak on dishwashing products. FK is slightly better. Finish is available at all Bosch showrooms
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Atleast ask for the formula/composition. May come handy in situation like this when in many places the stores are closed, Amazon is not delivering.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 07:19   #7845
BHPian

Need advice on replacing Kitchen Hood/Chimney. I have 'Kaff' which did not last few years despite regular maintenance. They do not sell spares but let their own Service Technicians to do all repairs. The age of the Service Technician may be less than the years we have with Hands on Job experience.
Anyway, even the Technician advised us to replace the Chimney as the cost of spares is considerably high. The Blower assembly (Blower Fan Motor + Housing) needs to be replaced.
Now I am on the lookout for another Chimney -Standard size 60 cms. width. Please suggest the best buy.
Regards

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 7th June 2020 at 07:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks