Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2020, 18:40   #7681
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Tomorrow, I am visiting the local Bosch dealer. Hope they have the dishwasher detergent in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
After trying several times with local Bosch dealer (they are closed BTW), they gave a number of one guy. He gave me Finish detergent but charged Rs 50 extra per Kg. I got hold of 2Kg then which is serving till now.
The thought of checking with Bosch dealer never occurred to me. The store is closed but I was able to reach the service technician. He has asked me to check back on Monday as they are expecting some stock.
Old 8th May 2020, 20:37   #7682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The thought of checking with Bosch dealer never occurred to me. The store is closed but I was able to reach the service technician. He has asked me to check back on Monday as they are expecting some stock.
You can check with IFB stores too. They also sell detergents.
Old 8th May 2020, 21:05   #7683
Senior - BHPian

While on the topic of Finish tabs, are Tide Pods (detergent for clothes) available in India?

Name:  Screen Shot 20200508 at 9.02.08 PM.png
Views: 867
Size:  414.5 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 8th May 2020 at 21:20. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 9th May 2020, 00:22   #7684
BHPian

I usually stock up atleast three months of all home needs and I purchase the tide, finish and cascade pods for the dishwasher from the US or Europe. They are atleast 60-70% cheaper there than in India. I will be able to ride this out for another three to four months atleast. Hoping things return to normalcy before then.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 15:19   #7685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I usually stock up atleast three months of all home needs and I purchase the tide, finish and cascade pods for the dishwasher from the US or Europe.
Do you hand-carry them from abroad? The pods are expensive here but the detergents are cheaper.
Old 9th May 2020, 16:19   #7686
BHPian

Any reviews of Hair Clippers here ? Looking for one in these lockdown times to self clip my not so any more dense hair. Amazon has the best review for Wahl Super Taper Professional Corded Clipper
Which seems a bit over priced for my expectation. Any alternate Clipper recommended that anyone has been using ? Else will just buy this & hope to use fortnightly even when the situation normalizes.
I do not see myself visiting a Hair cutting saloon soon given the social distancing norms that are here to stay.
Old 9th May 2020, 16:35   #7687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Any reviews of Hair Clippers here ? Looking for one in these lockdown times to self clip my not so any more dense hair. Amazon has the best review for Wahl Super Taper Professional Corded Clipper
Which seems a bit over priced for my expectation. Any alternate Clipper recommended that anyone has been using ? Else will just buy this & hope to use fortnightly even when the situation normalizes.
I do not see myself visiting a Hair cutting saloon soon given the social distancing norms that are here to stay.
I have a Phillips shaver/trimmer for couple of years. It works fine for clipping/trimming long hair.

If you have some one to help you, the best method is to use scissors for rough cut and then use the trimmer to finish.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 16:40   #7688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you hand-carry them from abroad? The pods are expensive here but the detergents are cheaper.
The detergents are nowhere near as good.

If I was making regular, rather than rare, trips abroad, I'd buy washing powder and Kleenex tissues!
Old 9th May 2020, 18:00   #7689
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a Wahl home basic pro for quite a long time. It was bought for my son when he was a kid. Then I used to trim my father's hair. Now again I used it after 2 years for a hair cut for me and son. It is quite good, comes with a lot of different sizes of guides for trimming the hair to different length. But for the backside you'll need help. Also blending the sides and backs are not that easy as it shows in the videos. But in situations like this it is really helpful and with a little experience you'll be good to go. Below is the model. IIRC I bought it around 1200 Rs around 8-9 years ago.
Wahl 09155-024 Home Pro Basic Hair Cutting Kit Hair Clipper https://www.amazon.in/dp/B000A2WO8O/..._shQTEbS7H0FTB
Old 10th May 2020, 00:18   #7690
BHPian

Quote:
Do you hand-carry them from abroad?
Yes I do and my wife finds they work better too, not sure if this is psychological or real. Our dishwasher corner.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-1589050133395.jpg  

diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 00:35   #7691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If I was making regular, rather than rare, trips abroad, I'd buy washing powder and Kleenex tissues!
I too don't travel abroad frequently and whenever I do, my bags are overfilled with electronics and car parts.

Quote:
Yes I do and my wife finds they work better too, not sure if this is psychological or real. Our dishwasher corner.
I wonder what customs think about your baggage
Jaguar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 08:52   #7692
BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews of Hair Clippers here ? Looking for one...
If you are not planning to take up a career in hairstyling post lockdown , I think the Kemei 1027y will do just fine at a fraction of the cost. Seems solidly built and I bought it to tide me over this infection-from-nowhere era. Plus it was the only one that was deliverable at the time.
Kemei 1027
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 09:25   #7693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Philips QC5132/15 Family Hair Clipper that I bought some 4 years back

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been pretty happy with it so far. Have used it a lot on my son and now I can do a decent haircut! Last week gave myself a haircut and it did turn out decent enough.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 09:43   #7694
Senior - BHPian

I'm using this clipper for 10 years. The best! Never breaks down, in case you get the original cos fakes are rampant (Its the professional model).

Quote:
Any reviews of Hair Clippers here ? Looking for one in these lockdown times to self clip my not so any more dense hair. Amazon has the best review for Wahl Super Taper Professional Corded ClipperWhich seems a bit over priced for my expectation. Any alternate Clipper recommended that anyone has been using ? Else will just buy this & hope to use fortnightly even when the situation normalizes. I do not see myself visiting a Hair cutting saloon soon given the social distancing norms that are here to stay.
Even I used to handcarry massive Tide boxes, LOL (because they certainly work better), but now settled down with Ariel liquid and Amway liquid detergent.

Quote:

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th May 2020 at 10:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 11th May 2020, 06:16   #7695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
While, I was in a similar boat as yours, I bought, Haier HBR 3654 PSS-R which as you can see from the link below uses 270 units per year.

https://www.amazon.in/Haier-Refriger.../dp/B0752J4LYV
thanks a lot, the kWh consumed is a much better way to compare that the star rating. I will also go for the haier, once supply resumes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks