Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 21:23   #7786
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
You can try the local ham (amateur) radio club who might be able to point you in the right direction. If you are not able to find any club member, PM me, will ask my contacts.
Will look into this and keep you informed
Old 21st May 2020, 23:54   #7787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
We have been using the Panasonic MX-AC400 mixie since 4 years and have not faced many problems with it and works fine. Even the problem which was once faced was solved by the service center for free of cost as it was under warranty.
Thank you so much for the first-hand info. Gives me confidence. Also, mom-dad have had their National Panasonic mixie (only the base has survived) for some 30? years now! Bullet-proof. They are loathe to throw it away but are no longer getting the jars for it hence the lookout to get a new one.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:45   #7788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Thanks for information, but ...
Yes, sorry, I knew this wasn't helpful for you (I should have said) but was just commenting on availability of skilled workmanship.
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:02   #7789
Senior - BHPian

Most common problem with any mixer is coupler bush wearing off and blades of grinder getting blunt. Motor usually last for years.

Based on recommendation of our mixer repair guy whom we were visiting too often, went for a Sujata Dyanamix 900W (came with 3 jars and one juicer jar was purchased extra).

This is what all local juice shops here use and run them whole day so spare availability is not an issue and it is quite robust build though not very fancy looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, my parents are in bad need of a good mixie. I was looking at Panasonic AC MX-AC400 on Amazon. Are they any good, any other brands and model numbers?
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:35   #7790
BHPian

Completely off topic to the thread.

If one uses "Comfort After Wash Fabric Conditioner" at home and buys its regular bottle, one is aware that the bottle cap is not factory sealed and can be opened by all and sundry at any store or by any delivery chap. However the refill pouch is factory sealed.
Hence it is prudent for us to switch to buying the refill pouch rather than separate bottles every time we make a purchase. The refill pouches are cheaper too. When I am paying full price for an item, I would rather have the entire content as advertised without any pilfering at any stage.

Typically this is how the bottle is stacked in most stores. Notice the cap is not sealed.

The Home Appliance thread-msaa.jpg

This is the refill pouch and its cap is factory sealed.

The Home Appliance thread-ref.jpg

Same story is repeated with Surf and Ariel Liquid Detergent bottles too and we have switched to their refill packs after the initial bottle has been used.
It was a late realization on my part regarding buying refill packs.

Quote:
Guys, my parents are in bad need of a good mixie. I was looking at Panasonic AC MX-AC400 on Amazon. Are they any good, any other brands and model numbers?
We are a typical South Indian home and we do all our Idli Dosa grinding & chutney making in our mixer grinder.
We have been using "Preethi Blue Leaf Platinum MG 139 750-Watt Mixer Grinder" for more than 15 years (though not the same machine though). We replace one Preethi Blue Leaf Platinum grinder with the newer one whenever it conks off.
We prefer the 750W unit since most of our wet grinding is heavy duty.
Preethi being a south based company makes sturdy mixer grinders knowing its base customers.

Last edited by Ithaca : 22nd May 2020 at 09:43.
Ithaca is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:42   #7791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Completely off topic to the thread.

Same story is repeated with Surf and Ariel Liquid Detergent bottles too and we have switched to their refill packs after the initial bottle has been used.
It was a late realization on my part regarding buying refill packs.

I apologize if this post does not belong to this thread.
Offtopic but really good point.

The Ariel matic liquid now started coming in refill and I've ordered that. Getting the refill feels more eco friendly vs disposing the huge plastic bottle. It's cheaper as well to buy the refill pack.

I don't know why they didn't do this before. I have started buying refills only for Colin, Ariel, hand wash soaps now.

Even with waste segregation you just know that the plastic bottle is never going to be recycled the way it is supposed to.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:04   #7792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Offtopic but really good point. The Ariel matic liquid now started coming in refill and I've ordered that. Getting the refill feels more eco friendly vs disposing the huge plastic bottle. It's cheaper as well to buy the refill pack. I don't know why they didn't do this before. I have started buying refills only for Colin, Ariel, hand wash soaps now. Even with waste segregation you just know that the plastic bottle is never going to be recycled the way it is supposed to.
I have noticed the Arielmatic in refill is of 'more watery' consistency than the bottle. Please check this out yourself. The bottle one is thicker. We do buy Colin in refills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
We have been using the Panasonic MX-AC400 mixie since 4 years and have not faced many problems with it and works fine. Even the problem which was once faced was solved by the service center for free of cost as it was under warranty.
We have the same for 3 years and happy with it, however the model number reads MX-AC555. There seems to be different Panasonic models.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd May 2020 at 10:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:43   #7793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have noticed the Arielmatic in refill is of 'more watery' consistency than the bottle. Please check this out yourself. The bottle one is thicker....
Seems to be the case with everything nowadays.

My latest 2L refill of Pril dishwashing liquid seems far more fluid than the thick liquid it used to be. I remember having to leave the daily-use small squeeze bottle upside down when down to the last inch.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 21:19   #7794
Distinguished - BHPian

I Was A Fabric-Softener Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
If one uses "Comfort After Wash Fabric Conditioner" ...
Don't!

It is a useless product and a complete con. I mean, any fabric conditioner. They get people addicted to the smell and it becomes a routine, habitual, part of the wash and the perception of clean clothes.

All it actually does is bulk up your fabrics and spoil them in the long run. Specifically, it destroys the effectiveness of microfibre.

Even though I was told this long before, I was a fabric-softener junkie for decades, living in London. When came here, it was not available. Soon got used to living without it.

I guess it must be like tobacco: as the rest of the world wises up, these companies will look to exploit new markets. I'm sorry to hear that that now includes India.

Don't be a fabric-softener junkie: Just say "no!"

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 22nd May 2020 at 21:21.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 00:26   #7795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
we use it for the smell when wearing or using the fabrics, especially bedding, comforters etc, not really for softening the fabric. I've noticed this is more appreciated when drying clothes indoors during rains.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 10:14   #7796
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed the Arielmatic in refill is of 'more watery' consistency than the bottle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Seems to be the case with everything nowadays. My latest 2L refill of Pril dish washing liquid seems far more fluid than the thick liquid it used to be.
I can confirm since I was buying full bottles of Comfort and Arielmatic till maybe two months ago when I switched to refill packs that the consistency of the liquid is more watery than viscous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I Was A Fabric-Softener Junkie
It is a useless product and a complete con.
Thad Sir, the quote below is partly why most of us stick to using fabric softener. And now it has become a habit which will take some time to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've noticed this is more appreciated when drying clothes indoors during rains.
@diyguy, I would advise you to soak your curtains, bedsheets, pillow covers in very hot water and shampoo (our regular hair washing one) for a few hours before you wash them in the washing machine. The smell is divine.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:16   #7797
BANNED

Any recommendation for a infrared thermometer for covid - for a small office?
Old 26th May 2020, 08:37   #7798
BHPian

Quote:
highly recommend elgi duramix 750w. one of the few with variable slow speed as well.
been using this for past 5 years, in earlier models. service is also excellent. easy availability of spares. have got 4 of these for family friends. and seen much heavy use.

preethi, sujata are also good. easy to maintain, and durable components.
grazd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 10:28   #7799
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody purchased a massive 500-600 L fridge? The proportions are too ungainly and will look like a massive block of granite in our smallish Indian homes. Any idea on where to place it, as our kitchens are too small to accommodate these monsters? Any picture of your own set up would help, please. Our house definitely needs a mammoth fridge but keeping (or rather making space for it) is the problem
Old 27th May 2020, 10:45   #7800
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody purchased a massive 500-600 L fridge? The proportions are too ungainly and will look like a massive block of granite in our smallish Indian homes. Any idea on where to place it, as our kitchens are too small to accommodate these monsters? Any picture of your own set up would help, please. Our house definitely needs a mammoth fridge but keeping (or rather making space for it) is the problem
I got a 550 Ltr dual door Samsung about 6 months back. (The second largest size Samsung sells in the two door category. The next size is 650 L).While I really wanted an entry level side by side, it didn't make sense because the freezer section was too big and main fridge too small for our use in the side by side variants. Our fridge replaced a 350 ltr Samsung. The current fridge looks just like an XL version of the old fridge. Doesn't look too bad to be honest. I didn't have the space for 2 fridges but room for one big one in the kitchen. Getting it into the kitchen required disassembly of its doors and hinges. Croma insisted that a 550L size good for a household size of 10 people. But for my family of 4 + 1 + our lab, this size is just about right.
promit is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks