Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2020, 20:57   #7726
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Interesting - which model of Bosch Dishwasher do you have and do you know if this is available as a spare part that can be purchased?
Mine is the SMS60L12IN, bought on Oct, 2018. I suppose there is no harm in asking the Bosch service centre if they carry this as a spare part. In my Bosch washing machine, the inlet point itself as well as the inlet pipe had a small filter element as well.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 21:01   #7727
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting - which model of Bosch Dishwasher do you have and do you know if this is available as a spare part that can be purchased?
You can buy the filter from Bosch service people. Else you can attach a prefilter used in the aquaguard water purifiers which is more efficient.

https://www.amazon.in/Ampereus-PFTRP...9643060&sr=8-5

Also, the outlet for drain is supposed to be connected to the drain in the inverted U shape to prevent back flow. So I didn't understand the 8inch logic that you mentioned in your earlier post.
Attached Images

archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 15:51   #7728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Also, the outlet for drain is supposed to be connected to the drain in the inverted U shape to prevent back flow. So I didn't understand the 8inch logic that you mentioned in your earlier post.
Thanks for sharing the info. Could you repost that pic leaving some whitespace so that the team-bhp watermark does not overlap over the measurements shown?
Old 17th May 2020, 16:26   #7729
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the info. Could you repost that pic leaving some whitespace so that the team-bhp watermark does not overlap over the measurements shown?
See this Google search images, you'll get lot of information

https://www.google.com/search?q=dish...ih=732&dpr=3.5
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 20:11   #7730
BHPian

Guys. Anyone have the Amazon branded dishwasher? How good (or bad) is it compared to the Bosch dishwasher?

I see a 12 place setting one for 29k a pop and it a good 4 to 5k lesser than the equivalent Bosch one.
Old 17th May 2020, 23:15   #7731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys. Anyone have the Amazon branded dishwasher? How good (or bad) is it compared to the Bosch dishwasher?

I see a 12 place setting one for 29k a pop and it a good 4 to 5k lesser than the equivalent Bosch one.
Even if it's better I'd be afraid to buy one. Even with Bosch parts availability is a problem. With my Bosch I had to wait for a parts for 10 days to arrive from Germany as is was not available in India.
With Amazon Basics how could be certain that after one year there will ASS and adequate spare parts after 2-3 years?
archat68 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 01:12   #7732
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an Amazon Basics cat bed. The cats all love it, so it is first-come-first-served and the others have to sleep elsewhere. I would buy at least one more, but Amazon stopped selling it. I expect it fell through some sales-metric floor.

It is entirely statistics and profit driven. How can we expect a company like Amazon to keep shelves stocked with spares for home appliances like this? A space on a warehouse shelf must make money for them, every day.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 11:19   #7733
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, aluminum vessels do not fare well in a dishwasher. So as far as I am concerned using it for crockery, cutlery and stainless steel does not cover even half my washing needs. Further in a medium sized family we use aluminum vessels like
. Kadahi - at least two a day
. Medium sized pots - at least five a day
. Pressure cooker - at least one a day

When ever there is a gathering, large pots and kadahi come out, which can never be washed in a dish washer both due to size and aluminum, so require a maid.

With all the frying involved, mild steel is the only alternative to aluminum kadahi, and that is heavy and "cook" unfriendly.

One interesting thing that I read is that the American models have heavy duty cutters/compactors at the drainage end that take care of any food stuff left on the pots/dishes. In contrast European designs are more delicate in this aspect and can malfunction is care is not taken. I am waiting for large American style dish washers which can accommodate 18" or larger pots, shred and compact waste including small bones and finally wash Aluminum vessels. With such a machine I can always use the waste and water discharge to irrigate my garden.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 14:09   #7734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
My Bosch dishwasher came with a small filter that one can install before the inlet pipe.
Quote:
Looks like Bosch is including this in all their new products. While my 3-year-old dishwasher does not contain one, the WM I bought last year has the exact same pre-filter. I am guessing it should be available through the technicians.
Old 18th May 2020, 14:38   #7735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As far as I know, aluminum vessels do not fare well in a dishwasher. always use the waste and water discharge to irrigate my garden.
We've been washing aluminium cookers, pots and kadhai in an LG dishwasher for the last two years with no issues. Just mildly rinse/wipe off the food residue and stick it in. A regular 2 hour cycle and they come out clean. We run two loads a day.

Dishwashers have come a very long way. They clean pretty much everything. It is a must-have in any kitchen now.
Old 18th May 2020, 14:47   #7736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
We've been washing aluminium cookers, pots and kadhai in an LG dishwasher for the last two years with no issues. Just mildly rinse/wipe off the food residue and stick it in. A regular 2 hour cycle and they come out clean. We run two loads a day.

Dishwashers have come a very long way. They clean pretty much everything. It is a must-have in any kitchen now.
I agree. We used to wash Aluminium Kadhais and Pressure Cookers in our dish washer although we had steel ones as well. They get discoloured a bit. But thats it. Did away with our maid for cleaning dishes for the one year we had Dishwasher at home in India.

Only items I avoided putting in the Dishwasher were the Nonstick utensils.
Old 18th May 2020, 14:50   #7737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
My Bosch dishwasher came with a small filter that one can install before the inlet pipe.
That is very neat. How often do you have to replace/replenish/renew it?
Old 18th May 2020, 15:03   #7738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
That is very neat. How often do you have to replace/replenish/renew it?
Never. It is just a solid plastic mesh filter. My home supply is from a borewell which I already filter through a disc filter and a sediment filter. So in the last 1.5 years of using this filter with both, my WM and my DW, I have only cleaned this filter twice I think. Just open up the assembly and clean it with a toothbrush and water.
rdst_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 10:03   #7739
Senior - BHPian

We put our aluminium cooker in the LG dishwasher and it took the shine off and made these horrid discolorations. The other dishes came out sparkling and look like new, but this. this was in Auto and 3.5 hour setting (steam option), so that could be the issue. So like someone here said I will ask the maid to avoid putting the aluminium cooker in. Regarding Dishwashing tablets IFB Essentials (Rs 750 for 30) performed much better than the much more expensive Finish Powerball (Rs 1200 for 30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_4412.jpg  

Old 19th May 2020, 10:21   #7740
Senior - BHPian

Question on Wall Mounted Fan. Existing Havells Swing Platina conked off after 5 years. What do people recommend for a replacement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks