Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 07:27   #7666
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
.. .
Seems some body panel screw or glue or weld has given away and the panel is loose. This is allowing it to resonate and create a loud sound. Start by pressing gently on the compressor area (with a gloved hand for safety) and check if you can isolate the exact location. If some hidden piece has come loose, like say inside the door, it may be possible for you to stick a decorative magnet to change the resonant frequency and thus reduce the problem. Check the evaporator tray that is usually fitted over the compressor. The coils have rubber washer like isolaters that might have come unglued. If you can find the broken part, you'll have to figure out how to stick it back or tighten the screw to silence it. Good luck, and let us know how you were able to fix it.

Last edited by mvadg : 29th April 2020 at 07:35.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 11:15   #7667
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if you get it in India (the original), but there is a Dr. Beckmann washing machine cleaner - 'service-it' liquid from Germany. I've been using this for a decade and this really prolongs the life of a machine. I just got one from the UAE and used it on Mom's 5 year old machine (in Bangalore) for sparkling results. She is really happy with the result
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_1094.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 18:51   #7668
Senior - BHPian

Issue with Bosch Dishwasher Model: SMS46KI03E

We own the above model of Dishwasher from Bosch. About 6 months ago the Dishwasher stopped working displaying Error Code: E-19. We called the Bosch Customer Service, and they replaced the part called "Water Metrics" or "Plastic Metrics" and it started working again. Replacement was done under warranty without any charges.

Now again, we are seeing the same issue and the customer service person visited today and says the same issue again but he is clueless why the issue has re-occured again. They have placed an order for the part as it is not available. Dishwasher is still under warranty and the replacement would happen again without charges once part arrives.

Has anyone else faced this type of an issue with Bosch Dishwasher repeatedly or any suggestions on what could be the root cause ?

Also, is there any escalation point for Bosch Customer Service so we can get a more thorough evaluation done on the reason for the issue re-occuring.
Old 5th May 2020, 20:52   #7669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone else faced this type of an issue with Bosch Dishwasher repeatedly or any suggestions on what could be the root cause ?
I had a problem with my Bosch dishwasher. After running for 30- 40 minutes it'd stop and hang. The key panel would become inoperable.
Technician visited after 2-3 days and said the problem is with the power control module which they don't have in stock and have to be ordered from Germany .

So after 8 days it arrived and the problem persisted even after replacing that. Then they started the blame game. First it was my electrical wiring (they stayed for two hours to find fault in my wiring). When they couldn't find one the blamed the water pressure. Although manual measurements were all in normal range. To prove it was water pressure problem they installed a pressure booster pump. The problem persisted. Then they changed another parts, the circulating cum heater pump, no resolution. They escalated the issue to their factory for direction. For 12 days there was no reply from factory.

All these time I was pressing for a replacement machine.

After several calls to their higher ups the machine was replaced with a new one after 45 days.

What surprised me is that their approach to the service. They were practically clueless. Even they made calls to Mumbai / Delhi counter parts in my presence but they were also of no help.

Ask your local service center for the contact number of the regional service head in case of repeated failures.
archat68 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 21:09   #7670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazd View Post
Folks,
Looking for a refrigerator to replace current single door Samsung for elderly parent who cant bend down.
Due its inherent design, Bottom Mounted Refrigerators are inefficient compared to its counterparts. But, it does give the best convenience.

Instead of * rating, which is based on the model year, there will be a 3 digit number which gives the energy consumption of the fridge for the whole year, use that as a guide to find which is the best energy efficient model amongst the lot.

While, I was in a similar boat as yours, I bought, Haier HBR 3654 PSS-R which as you can see from the link below uses 270 units per year.

https://www.amazon.in/Haier-Refriger.../dp/B0752J4LYV
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 17:19   #7671
BHPian

I have the following Panasonic Washing Machine that we bought back in August 2019. The inside of the machine (drum) is made of steel. But the bottom is plastic. Now we have never (even with previous machine) used any sort of washing machine cleaner and I guess we always used detergent and ran the machine on empty (no clothes) to sort of clean it.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But now with this machine, I want to make sure we take proper care and do machine cleaning as well. Can anyone suggest a good washing machine cleaner available easily in India?

Last edited by raksrules : 7th May 2020 at 17:21.
Old 8th May 2020, 10:16   #7672
mxx
BHPian

I have a question for people using dishwasher tablets. If I use all-in-one dishwasher tablets, do I still need to use dishwasher salt and rinse aid?
Old 8th May 2020, 10:25   #7673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I have a question for people using dishwasher tablets. If I use all-in-one dishwasher tablets, do I still need to use dishwasher salt and rinse aid?
Nope. All-in-one means all in one. Yoy might have to change the settings of your dishwasher though so it doesn't show errors of no rinse-aid, no salt.
rdst_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 13:09   #7674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Issue with Bosch Dishwasher Model: SMS46KI03E

We own the above model of Dishwasher from Bosch. About 6 months ago the Dishwasher stopped working displaying Error Code: E-19. We called the Bosch Customer Service, and they replaced the part called "Water Metrics" or "Plastic Metrics" and it started working again. Replacement was done under warranty without any charges.

Now again, we are seeing the same issue and the customer service person visited today and says the same issue again but he is clueless why the issue has re-occured again.
Our Bosch dish washer shows the error code E19 at the end of wash cycle. Google search show it could be related to some heat pump. We just left it and it is running with this error code for the last 6 months. It is 3 years old now, out of warranty. Don't want to deal with the service team and expense until it stops working completely.
Old 8th May 2020, 14:14   #7675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
But now with this machine, I want to make sure we take proper care and do machine cleaning as well. Can anyone suggest a good washing machine cleaner available easily in India?
What do you mean by washing machine cleaner ? Do you mean descaling powder ?

I have been using IFB Descal powder. It is easily available at IFB stores as well as on amazon.

Rohan
Old 8th May 2020, 15:49   #7676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Can anyone suggest a good washing machine cleaner available easily in India?
The water in my area is not too hard.

Usually I use a cupful of Citric Acid crystals in the hottest cycle once in 6 month. If there is damp mouldy smell that sometimes generates during the monsoon I use a cup of liquid bleach in the hottest cycle.

If the water is too hard I think you should use dedicated descaler powder.

PS: never mix any acid and bleach together.
Old 8th May 2020, 16:48   #7677
Senior - BHPian

How are you folks getting dishwasher detergent post lockdown? My stock is over and not able to source it from anywhere.
I used to use baking soda and vim jel mixture but now even baking soda is out of stock in the nearby supermarkets.
Old 8th May 2020, 16:53   #7678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How are you folks getting dishwasher detergent post lockdown? My stock is over and not able to source it from anywhere.
I used to use baking soda and vim jel mixture but now even baking soda is out of stock in the nearby supermarkets.
Same problem here. Once we ran out of dishwasher tablets, we have been washing the dishes manually. I used to get the detergent from Amazon.
Amazon does not ship it as it is not an essential. Tomorrow, I am visiting the local Bosch dealer. Hope they have the dishwasher detergent in stock.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 16:57   #7679
BHPian

Quote:
I was in the same situation. I tried Baking soda+vim gel combo, Washing soda+Vim gel combo and Washing soda+Vanish powder (sodium perborate) combo. Nothing really worked well.
After trying several times with local Bosch dealer (they are closed BTW), they gave a number of one guy. He gave me Finish detergent but charged Rs 50 extra per Kg. I got hold of 2Kg then which is serving till now.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 17:12   #7680
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Same problem here. Once we ran out of dishwasher tablets, we have been washing the dishes manually. I used to get the detergent from Amazon.
Amazon does not ship it as it is not an essential. Tomorrow, I am visiting the local Bosch dealer. Hope they have the dishwasher detergent in stock.
You might have to temporarily switch to detergent tablet like this:
https://www.flipkart.com/finish-powe...c1588937956152

or

https://www.flipkart.com/finish-dish...wse&ppn=browse

Last edited by mxx : 8th May 2020 at 17:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks