Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 12:20   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I have heard (and heard no first hand exp) that conventional baking in microwave is not as good as proper conventional oven.
Correct, correct, correct! I have had the experience already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Most washing machines can do 50 to 70% dry. 100% dry can only be done in a dryer. However Jenny and I bought a washing machine-cum-dryer from LG. An extraordinarily silent machine.

Washed 8 kilos, can dry only 4. Clothes come out dry and soft and don't even need ironing.

We paid about 38K-40K I think.
This is one of the best machines I have ever owned in my entire life. Really! It is super silent, very efficient and good on energy.

The programmes it offers are just perfect. You have and can wash EVERYTHING with this one. It also has a timer, so you can program when to start the washing cycle etc. Very convenient!!!

The dryer also works perfectly. Takes a tiiiny little bit longer (just a feeling, cannot really prove it) than separate dryers but we needed a two-in-one for space reasons.

And, I think we paid about 32K. Sam's figure was too high if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@sam - this LG thing is top or front loader?
Front loader!

Last edited by TheOne® : 28th May 2009 at 12:23.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:26   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
And, I think we paid about 32K. Sam's figure was too high if I remember correctly.
I was looking at this on the LG India website and their MRP is Rs.47,990/-!
Old 28th May 2009, 12:45   #333
Senior - BHPian

My 250 litre LG refrigerator has suddenly stopped cooling in the fridge section since past two days laying to waste quite a bit of my vegetables and stuff while the Freezer is working at full blast.

Anyone know where the problem could be ?
Old 28th May 2009, 12:54   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
I was looking at this on the LG India website and their MRP is Rs.47,990/-!
Hmmm... then I may confuse it with one of the other items we bought. However, we definitely did not pay that much for it. We got a good deal.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:17   #335
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

A little OT here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm wondering why T-BHPians still recommend microwave ovens although it's a proven fact that they cause cancer.
This reminded me of a lecture on cancer long back in my medical studies. Our professor started off the lecture with this: "Everything under the sun, including the sun, is a carcinogenic".
Old 28th May 2009, 13:21   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Hmmm... then I may confuse it with one of the other items we bought. However, we definitely did not pay that much for it. We got a good deal.
As Sam mentioned 38-40k for that LG Washer Dryer seems reasonable since during this so-called 'recession' period most consumer durables were being sold for heavy discounts. So a 7k disc is possibly expectable.

LG's Side-By-Side refrigerators were selling for around 17k disc for the 671L model.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:28   #337
BHPian

I want to buy a 1.5 ton split AC for our living room. My budget is roughly 30-35k. I had a look at the options available in the market:
1. LG - Don't want to buy them - a relative had a bad experience with their ACs
2. Hitachi - will cost roughly 35-36k including cost of stabilizer and installation. But, my concern is their A.S.S. Any idea about it?
3. General - very expensive - will cost 43k including stabilizer and installation. Are they worth for this much?
4. Samsung - No idea about them. How good are Samsung ACs? Are they 5 star rated?

Guys, please advice.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:45   #338
Team-BHP Support

I recently got a Hitachi and its worth every penny. Go for it. The A.S.S can't be that bad.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:00   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
My 250 litre LG refrigerator has suddenly stopped cooling in the fridge section since past two days laying to waste quite a bit of my vegetables and stuff while the Freezer is working at full blast.

Anyone know where the problem could be ?
I had a similar problem and the issue was with the gas used in the freezer. It had leaked and they had to fill in new gas again. Not sure of the charges for the same (maybe around 1200 for the complete thing), but it has been running fine ever since. I had got it done through an authorized service centre.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:11   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm wondering why T-BHPians still recommend microwave ovens although it's a proven fact that they cause cancer.
Do you have any reference for this *proven* fact?
Old 28th May 2009, 14:27   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I had a similar problem and the issue was with the gas used in the freezer. It had leaked and they had to fill in new gas again. Not sure of the charges for the same (maybe around 1200 for the complete thing), but it has been running fine ever since. I had got it done through an authorized service centre.
does this type of fridge have seperate compressors for freezer or just one ?

gas leak would suggest that the entire unit including freezer would go kaput.
Old 29th May 2009, 15:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I recently got a Hitachi and its worth every penny. Go for it. The A.S.S can't be that bad.
Which model did you bought - split or window? And, how much did it cost you?
Old 29th May 2009, 16:05   #343
Team-BHP Support

I got a window. The one with the dual motor Quadracool 1.5 T. 26900 + 500 (install)

But the difference between this and other AC (LG) is like chalk and cheese !

Last edited by Eddy : 29th May 2009 at 16:11.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:03   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anyone using Samsung washing machines & refrigerators ?

Also, which model of Samsung refrigerators ? Looking at about 230L, if possible freezer at bottom.
I have a Samsung 320 litre since 1999. It gave me some trouble the first year with loss of cooling in the fridge section, never recurred again. have had to replace the plastic shelves couple of times, they can't withstand our Indian pots and pans.
Then got an additional LG 320 in 2004. Ha ve replaced the handle this year. Both running without stabiliser with no problems. LG service is good, Samsung a touch slower.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:51   #345
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Then got an additional LG 320 in 2004. Ha ve replaced the handle this year. Both running without stabiliser with no problems. LG service is good, Samsung a touch slower.
I have had a Samsung 430 Litres fridge for about 7 years recently replaced. Until it lost its compressor never needed any attention. We had a Daewoo 600 litres too approximately for the same duration. Never needed attention until the compressor gave way. No OEM parts anymore. Indian equivalents did not even work for a week and hence replaced.

The replaced LG (Oct 2008 - 300 litres) has stopped cooling thrice in the last 20 days. Service prompt, twice the some timer was replaced. Now the compressor is suspect (not working) and might be replaced on 2nd of June (technician confirmed necessity on the 30th of May).

A similar age Godrej Eon (280 Litres) is going strong so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks