Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 13:57   #346
Senior - BHPian

We had a Fiat fridge which lasted us 23 years. Yes Fiat. I wish I had removed the badge when we scrapped it. The compressor was Tecumseh or something.
We also had the first IFB Bosch washing machine. It's still in use and working fine.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:34   #347
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
We had a Fiat fridge which lasted us 23 years. Yes Fiat.
Was there a 'thud' everytime someone closed the fridge?
Old 31st May 2009, 18:03   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Was there a 'thud' everytime someone closed the fridge?
You bet there was. The door had a mechanical lock like a car door, not a magnetic one like modern fridges. You had to pull the handle to release it.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:18   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I have had a Samsung 430 Litres fridge for about 7 years recently replaced. Until it lost its compressor never needed any attention. We had a Daewoo 600 litres too approximately for the same duration. Never needed attention until the compressor gave way. No OEM parts anymore. Indian equivalents did not even work for a week and hence replaced.

The replaced LG (Oct 2008 - 300 litres) has stopped cooling thrice in the last 20 days. Service prompt, twice the some timer was replaced. Now the compressor is suspect (not working) and might be replaced on 2nd of June (technician confirmed necessity on the 30th of May).

A similar age Godrej Eon (280 Litres) is going strong so far.
Even in my case, the service technician replaced the timer and the fridge started working. It seems voltage fluctuation are bit more dire in this part of the country. Lots of fridge manufacturers say no stabilizer required but it seems that it is just a protection against low voltage.

"non-stab required" doesn't mean protection against spikes.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:57   #350
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Even in my case, the service technician replaced the timer and the fridge started working.
But all along all my fridges were working without any stabiliser. My ACs work without stabiliser.

Let us see how it turns up. The compressor is supposed to have 5 years warranty. Another 4 months to go for the general warranty to get over.

Once they start giving problems, it is usually a troublesome affair from then on.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:07   #351
BHPian

Talking of fridge with a mechanical door latch, I still remember the kerosene-powered Servel fridge we used for about twenty years until the late sixties. It had one these latches like a car door. It ran on kerosene, as power supply was pitiful when Dad bought it in the 50's in Goa. We gave it away to a relative who lived in a village where there was no electricity, and it seemed to have run for another few years.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:50   #352
BHPian

Panasonic NR-B301M

Hi, how much did you guys pay for Panasonic NR-B301M
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Are you talking of the model NR-B301M for Panasonic fridge (299 litres)? This is the one Sam and I bought a couple of weeks back after intense research and comparison of quality and prices. We were absolutely happy about the fact that the freezer is at the bottom and the fridge itself on top, which in daily life is so much better - how often do you open the fridge and how often do you open the freezer?

We are absolutely content with this model: very convenient concerning space and handling, good quality, reasonable price and nice design (equally important to me lol). I can highly recommend it.

However, if you are 4 people or more in the house you might want to think about a slightly bigger fridge if you have the space at home (but that is just my opinion). We are just two people in the household so this fridge is more than enough for us.
Old 16th June 2009, 23:37   #353
BHPian

Modular Kitchen Chimneys and Hobs

HI Team,

After thinking a lot I felt that I might as well put across my queries across via a new topic on TBHP on Modular Kitchen accessories... what the heck someone might help ?

I am in the process of renovating the Kitchen of my apartment soon and need to make it Modular this time , which includes the Cooking Hob , Chimney and all the Bells and Whistles that go along with it.

The option of choosing the right Chimney and the Right Hob is seeming to be like a difficult option and would like the suggestions of the TBHPians who have such a setup in their homes to shed some light on the Pros and Cons of the Chimneys and HObs that they have back home.

I ve heard that Faber and KAFF are good brands ... would also like your inputs on the same if possible on After Sales support and Quality of Product , maintenance etc etc.

Appreciate your inputs.

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 16th June 2009, 23:46   #354
Senior - BHPian

Lol man ,you should have named it Kitchen exhaust and possible ffc.
I dont know about entire setup ,but I have got faber exhaust . I installed it myself . Its good .
At highest speed it sounds like volvo at idle .Burrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 17th June 2009, 01:39   #355
BHPian

LOL ....Keep It coming boys....hmmmm this is going to be more entertaining then I thought
Old 17th June 2009, 09:27   #356
BANNED

Chimney? You mean snorkel?? Exhaust Snorkel?

And what's a K-I-T-C-H-E-N? Kit Chen? 2 words? Some kit?

Really confused here.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:37   #357
BHPian

IIRC, Faber has a few models for which they provide life time warranty. You can buy both Faber hob and chimney as a package. The Faber brand is of good quality and serves you well. They have guys for installation. If the outlet is a bit far from the chimney, they have a ss looking aluminum conduit to direct the air flow to the outlet. For the hob, you can even try out the electrical ignition one, if you have a electrical plug near the hob.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:43   #358
BHPian

As hemant said try faber good option you will get decent package in 12K. the one I got 3 years back in 20K is now available in 11K
In my case the hob has faber brand name with other marking in black ink. They vanished in 2 to 3 months usage.
Try the hob which has glass base. This is more convenient to clean and marking will remain intact
Old 17th June 2009, 09:43   #359
BHPian

I went in for a Faber chimney and did not opt for the hob. I am still using my traditional gas stove. The reason for sticking with the traditional gas stove is because in the hob burners, the fire comes from the outer radius, where as in the traditional gas stove, fire comes from both outer and inner radius. And this is quite good for making phulkas.

It's been two years now and so far no problems at all. And yes, it does sound awful at full speed, but it does the job.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:29   #360
BANNED

I bought my Faber cooking range, hob (we have two kitchens) and chimney in early 2001. The cooking range was used from Day 1 while the others were installed and put into use in late 2001. Mind you these were the original stuff and not modified for India. Zero problems except that the igniter sometimes get choked with an oil film and has to be scraped to get back into operation. We had to call service once for a broken igniter and they came promptly. Our son bought a hob last year in Manipal, and again no problems. now they have battery powered igniters to take care of the power outages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks