Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 10:20   #8086
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

After so much haggling pleading crying, my Samsung Convection microwave (lemon) gave up yesterday finally.
Lock down time means the immediate need becomes like "I needed this yesterday".

I don't want to go for anything with much of big bang theory in them, just the one to reheat my refrigerated food and an occasional cake for my son and having capacity of around 28 liters.
I am looking at the base model of LG, Panasonic and Bosch. All of them are made in China, so never mind that part. Just wanted to know, which one would be a better lasting one, more of a "Maruti" of microwave?

N.B.: The only microwave that is Made in India is Haier (irony).
Old 18th August 2020, 10:36   #8087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post

I don't want to go for anything with much of big bang theory in them, just the one to reheat my refrigerated food and an occasional cake for my son and having capacity of around 28 liters.
I am looking at the base model of LG, Panasonic and Bosch. All of them are made in China, so never mind that part. Just wanted to know, which one would be a better lasting one, more of a "Maruti" of microwave?

N.B.: The only microwave that is Made in India is Haier (irony).
I have been using IFB Microwaves at our homes for many years (5+) both in Nashik and Pune for the exact same purposes. They are 2 different sizes.

Larger Microwave has higher wattage so heats up food faster but the smaller one does the exact same job too, only slightly slower. Reheating food takes 1 minute instead of 40 seconds, so its not that bad IMO.

They have done the job till now. Isn't IFB an Indian company?
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 10:53   #8088
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I have been using IFB Microwaves at our homes for many years (5+) both in Nashik and Pune for the exact same purposes. They are 2 different sizes.

Larger Microwave has higher wattage so heats up food faster but the smaller one does the exact same job too, only slightly slower. Reheating food takes 1 minute instead of 40 seconds, so its not that bad IMO.

They have done the job till now. Isn't IFB an Indian company?
IFB was license manufacturing Bosch products, till Bosch showed up. Its more like Hero Honda / Hero and Honda in current scenario. Older IFBs were gems. I don't have a good review of newer IFBs in my known circles (mostly washing machines though). My decade old Bosch Washing-machine has a lot of IFB marked parts in them too.

Anyway, as you are suggesting, I will look at the IFB 30ltr ones also. I needed bigger capacity as to fit bigger dishes in them.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 11:15   #8089
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, as you are suggesting, I will look at the IFB 30ltr ones also. I needed bigger capacity as to fit bigger dishes in them.
Do update about your final choice. I am also in the same boat and hunting for a new one with basic microwave oven and convection options with capacity 28 L. Have you checked out any of the Bosch's models or researched on difference between Quartz vs element heaters?
Old 19th August 2020, 16:02   #8090
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Do update about your final choice. I am also in the same boat and hunting for a new one with basic microwave oven and convection options with capacity 28 L. Have you checked out any of the Bosch's models or researched on difference between Quartz vs element heaters?
So, ordered and received Panasonic NN-64HB, the link of the product can be found here.

Nothing fancy, just bare basic features. Seems good with 2 grill coils (one on top and one on back) for baking etc. I just bought the one that can be delivered fast. The coils are regular and not Quartz, I have no plan to use this for grill mode, so I am OK with that. This model is exceptionally light though.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 19th August 2020 at 16:04.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:59   #8091
BHPian

Looking around for a vacuum cleaner. Got my eyes on this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B072J83V9W/..._nKmqFbQT2RR0P. Don't see alot of choice in the 8-10k price band
Any reviews or suggestions for an alternate machine?
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:27   #8092
BHPian

Our Samsung side by side 570Lit refrigerator's freezer is not cooling. The fridge side of it is working just fine. The Samsung technician visited and said its a gas leak within a minute. How can the gas leak be only on the freezer side when there is only one compressor in the unit? I had a similar issue when we had purchased this unit and that time it was a sensor issue.
This i believe has cropped up because my wife decided to clean the fridge about two weeks or so ago. Could it be a clogged fan or a sensor?
Old 23rd August 2020, 07:51   #8093
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Looking around for a vacuum cleaner. Got my eyes on this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B072J83V9W/..._nKmqFbQT2RR0P. Don't see alot of choice in the 8-10k price band
Any reviews or suggestions for an alternate machine?
The ideal vacuum machine IMHO will have a bucket type lower part into which dust falls. Motor, filter, air tubes, etc fit into the upper part. You take off the lid, and flip over the bucket to clean it. Tge air filter, "hanging" from the lid will be washable, and should come off easily.

The machine should come with 3 attachments - floor, nooks, ceiling fan.

Yes not many that fit the bill and the budget at same time. Mine is a little known brand, probably contract manufactured in China. I got it for 6 or 7k from a supermarket. I needed 1500 watts suction, a big and dusty house (so a larger dust collecting whatever) small budget (a Hitachi egg shaped 1200w was burnt out in few months - due to usage, so was not willing to spend much) and only this one fit the bill.

Has lasted 5 -6 years.

Please change search terms and use filters on Amazon and you'll find better products.
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:40   #8094
BHPian

Try karcher. They have the bagless cyclone in th 8k range. We have been using it for the past 2 years and the dust it picks up has to be seen to be believed. Plus the entire dust bowl and filters are washable

https://www.amazon.in/Karcher-VC-Vac.../dp/B01EV71FJ2

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd August 2020 at 20:52. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Nanolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:45   #8095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Try karcher. They have the bagless cyclone in th 8k range. We have been using it for the past 2 years and the dust it picks up has to be seen to be believed. Plus the entire dust bowl and filters are washable

https://www.amazon.in/Karcher-VC-Vac.../dp/B01EV71FJ2
can it really clean stuff from surfaces other than the floor - like suck out the dust from carpets, mats, sofas, mattress, rugs etc?

Share your practical experience please.
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:50   #8096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Share your practical experience please.
absolutely. In fact I'd say that vacuum cleaners work better on carpeted floors.
Old 24th August 2020, 11:07   #8097
BHPian

My experience is based on mosaic floor . I don't have carpets in my house as i am from Trivandrum (humidity and carpets don't go well!) . Also for mattresses it's ok but sometimes the suction force is too high so you have to literally pull it off

For the price I couldn't find any other cyclone bagless one and hence went for this and of course the brand also has weight.
Old 24th August 2020, 13:55   #8098
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Our Samsung side by side 570Lit refrigerator's freezer is not cooling. The fridge side of it is working just fine. The Samsung technician visited and said its a gas leak within a minute. How can the gas leak be only on the freezer side when there is only one compressor in the unit? I had a similar issue when we had purchased this unit and that time it was a sensor issue.
I didn't have a very high opinion on Samsung home appliance and the Samsung service of home appliance (Refrigerator and Microwave both being lemons). I would suggest get an opinion of a neighboring electrician on the issue and the cost etc. and then decide. A common issue in Samsung refrigerators were ice being formed inside cooling coils, might be the issue here.
Old 24th August 2020, 14:00   #8099
BHPian

Quote:
A common issue in Samsung refrigerators were ice being formed inside cooling coils, might be the issue here.
Samsung service in chennai or parts of chennai is done by TVS Electronics. The technician came home today and refused to inspect the sensor. He opened the back panel and pulled on a copper junction part he called dryer and showed me tiny bubbles stating gas leak. He has replaced that and also refilled the gas this afternoon and told me to switch it on in two hours time. Charged me 2159Rs for it in total 700+tax for gas, 550+tax for service, 177 for freight and balance for copper parts that he replaced. I am happy with the costs and am hoping this is indeed the issue. He evacuated the compressor well before refilling about 90gms of 610A gas.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:09   #8100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Samsung service in chennai or parts of chennai is done by TVS Electronics.
Happy to learn, you got some good service from Samsung.

Sorry, but how old is your refrigerator? Did the technician explain any possible reason for the gas leak (corrosion of coils / movement)? I am asking just out of curiosity, no need for you to bother too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks