Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 07:29   #8221
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When I purchased the LG dishwasher the installer promised to visit home four times a year and clean everything inside-out. Now they're citing Covid and nonavailability of man-power, and not even talking about any refund. I'm unable to get anybody on phone since its automated and they're hiding behind whatsapp bots. So think carefully before these installers suck extra money out of you. In this case, 7K
It's unfortunate that the installers play these tricks. If they can deliver and install the machines, they can certainly service them too.

I very recently bought the LG dishwasher too and my family is very impressed with the machine. Strangely I was never offered any annual maintenance service by the installer. (He did try hard to sell a cover for the machine though).

However, if you rinse the dishes before loading them in, the dishwasher wouldn't need any extensive cleaning as long as you are cleaning the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher once in a while. Also, after every 10 cycles or so, place some vinegar in a shallow bowl on the top rack and run the 'machine clean' cycle. That cleans up the interior pretty well.

I'd also tweet about this to their official handle to see if that helps. If they're citing 'Covid', they should ideally atleast extend the duration of your annual maintenance contract.

Cheers.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 09:16   #8222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
The Bosch ASS has to replace under warranty as it is 10 years for the compressor but the ASS is not responding to his calls for the last 2 weeks.
Even when they visit, they charge Rs. 750.00 for a "call out”
Thank you for your response, it came just in time. It’s unfortunate that Bosch is not responding to your friends calls. I have a Bosch machine for more than 8 years and never faced any issue.
But given your friends experience would like to stay away from refrigerator, will check out for something in LG or Samsung!
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:01   #8223

Question regarding dishwasher - generally, the reviews for Bosch have been good but it appears it would take at least a couple of weeks for the stock to be replenished. Has anyone considered Siemens IQ500 - it is priced exactly same as Bosch's series 6 at around 40k and is currently available on croma. I am aware both Siemens and Bosch are the same company but any idea if these models are actually same.

BTW, I noticed that there is hardly any discussion on Siemens dishwasher on this thread, unless I am missing it. Bosch and LG appear to be the two most preferred choices.
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:50   #8224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai aravindh View Post
Question regarding dishwasher - generally, the reviews for Bosch have been good but it appears it would take at least a couple of weeks for the stock to be replenished. Has anyone considered Siemens IQ500 - it is priced exactly same as Bosch's series 6 at around 40k and is currently available on croma. I am aware both Siemens and Bosch are the same company but any idea if these models are actually same.

BTW, I noticed that there is hardly any discussion on Siemens dishwasher on this thread, unless I am missing it. Bosch and LG appear to be the two most preferred choices.
Bought one in May; fairly happy with it. I've heard sales executives across retailers say they are expecting new stock since June/July; I don't think anyone has firm clarity about it.

As I've mentioned on the thread before, be very careful that it is a new, packed piece. A lot of retailers are disposing off their display/demo units which are invariably damaged and "used" - scratches, hinges squeaking and so on. Bosch manufacturers and services dishwashers for both, the Bosch and Siemens nameplates, so they're the same. Just diff. branding on the lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Finally prevailed upon my family and bought a dishwasher and dryer.

Dishwasher: Siemens iQ500 (Rs. 34500)

https://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.i...rsfreestanding

There's barely any stock left for Bosch/Siemens and no stock for IFB in stores (standalone or chains) across Pune. We saw display pieces for IFB, Siemens and Bosch across two stores but only one outlet had a piece ready for delivery. Functionality, capability and price-wise, the IFB Neptune VX, Siemens and Bosch twins are similar so the decision on model/color was taken solely based on availability. We were okay with any of the three.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:11   #8225

Quote:
As I've mentioned on the thread before, be very careful that it is a new, packed piece. A lot of retailers are disposing off their display/demo units which are invariably damaged and "used" - scratches, hinges squeaking and so on. Bosch manufacturers and services dishwashers for both, the Bosch and Siemens nameplates, so they're the same. Just diff. branding on the lid.
Thanks for the reply. I am buying online from Croma or Reliance, so no chance of checking the product unfortunately. Interestingly, the Siemens product was not available in either of the websites until yesterday. So maybe it's the new stock that has come in.

Sorry to belabor the point but is there any reason no one seems to be discussing Siemens at all?

Quote:
Bought one in May; fairly happy with it.
=====
branding on the lid.
Also, did you actually get the silver colored one for 34.5K. It is currently retailing for >42K!

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd September 2020 at 17:30. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote instead. Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:37   #8226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am buying online from Croma or Reliance, so no chance of checking the product unfortunately. Interestingly, the Siemens product was not available in either of the websites until yesterday. So maybe it's the new stock that has come in.

Sorry to belabor the point but is there any reason no one seems to be discussing Siemens at all?
Don't quote me on this but aren't Bosch and Siemens the same? Only the door is different?

I got a Siemens and it's working beautifully and the lady of the house couldn't be happier Now just waiting patiently for the mi vac to come in
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:25   #8227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
... Now just waiting patiently for the mi vac to come in
... and I am just waiting impatiently for the Corona vac to come in. Any brand would do too! But it's a pity ... can't even place an order yet!
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:28   #8228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wouldn't know.

Quote:
Also, did you actually get the silver colored one for 34.5K. It is currently retailing for >42K!
Mine is white; Croma was the only store with a dishwasher in stock in May and they only had a white Siemens piece in stock. So, we went with it. The 34.5k price was offered up front and we didn't haggle. The white is 1.5-2k less expensive than the silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Don't quote me on this but aren't Bosch and Siemens the same? Only the door is different?
Yep, just diff. lid.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 19:56   #8229

Quote:
I wouldn't know.

Mine is white; Croma was the only store with a dishwasher in stock in May and they only had a white Siemens piece in stock. So, we went with it. The 34.5k price was offered up front and we didn't haggle. The white is 1.5-2k less expensive than the silver.

Yep, just diff. lid.
The bullet has been bitten. Ordered the grey one in Girias for 41.5K (Chennai). Its lower than Croma (43K) and Reliance (44K). It looks like the supply of IQ500 came in only today to all delalers.

Thanks for the inputs Libran and Deathwalkr!
Old 29th September 2020, 01:31   #8230
BHPian

Hey guys, wanted to know your recommendation on a new wet/dry vacuum cleaner. I've been looking to replace our 14 year old euroclean one, which frankly still works ok, but the attachments are lost and it's too heavy to lug around.
We called up Eureka Forbes and they came home and gave a demo of their model, which was really good but expensive at 15k, they were willing to exchange the old one and give a discount of 1k.
Now I looked at Karcher and Black&Decker models on Amazon which are half the price and similar specs but have no experience of their aftersales and their attachments are just negligible in front of Forbes.
Can anyone tell me about the above two brands and what's their experience with the same?
Old 29th September 2020, 06:57   #8231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Black&Decker models on Amazon which are half the price and similar specs but have no experience of their aftersales and their attachments are just negligible in front of Forbes.
How many attachments does your current vacuum have? How many of these do you use?
Amazon usually has a fairly detailed description of attachments, and all you need to check is whether the listed attachments include those you currently use.
Regarding service - does it make sense to pay ₹ 1.5 k for a ₹ 15k product once it goes out of warranty, or pay ₹ 2 I for a ₹ 8k product? For me, it is a personal choice with so many variables involved.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 07:00   #8232
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When I purchased the LG dishwasher the installer promised to visit home four times a year and clean everything inside-out. Now they're citing Covid and nonavailability of man-power, and not even talking about any refund. I'm unable to get anybody on phone since its automated and they're hiding behind whatsapp bots. So think carefully before these installers suck extra money out of you. In this case, 7K
I am not sure I understand. You paid 7K for cleaning the dishwasher 4 times a year?

But I agree, both LG service & product quality has deteriorated over the years.
Old 29th September 2020, 09:04   #8233
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking to purchase a single door sub 200 liter refrigerator. Only few models from LG and Haier fit the tight space constraint where the unit will be placed. Both of them are in 192L - 195L capacity. Which brand would you guys recommend?

We currently have a decade plus old Whirlpool. Off late we are observing that the greens stored overnight are becoming soggy with water and resulting in decay. This is even when they were dried outside before placing into the refrigerator . The new one must be able to keep the green leafy vegetables fresh and crisp atleast for a few days.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 29th September 2020 at 09:07.
Old 29th September 2020, 09:41   #8234
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

I'm planning to buy a steam iron. Currently I am using a cheap Kenstar steam iron which I had purchased online in a flash deal. It has served me well (for the price), but now I am looking for a better quality one.

There are so many brands and features, I am totally confused.

Please suggest some reliable brands and popular models. Also, which features should I be looking for ? What plate material is the best ? I saw some models with a ceramic plate, is it any good ?

Rohan
Old 29th September 2020, 09:57   #8235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Hi friends,

I'm planning to buy a steam iron. Currently I am using a cheap Kenstar steam iron which I had purchased online in a flash deal. It has served me well (for the price), but now I am looking for a better quality one.

There are so many brands and features, I am totally confused.

Please suggest some reliable brands and popular models. Also, which features should I be looking for ? What plate material is the best ? I saw some models with a ceramic plate, is it any good ?

Rohan
I use a Tefal Easygliss (purchased off Amazon) and I find it quite outstanding. Though I cannot say anything about the service provided by the company as I don't have any experience. And it's a French company, most likely they would have outsourced service to some third party here as I don't think Tefal is big in India. Earlier I was using a Philips iron for almost 15 years that I had bought in France when I was a student there. Tefal is many times better than the Philips I think.

So, in a nutshell, the product itself is quite good. Service has a factor of unknown for me for now.

Most Viewed