Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2020, 10:23   #8116
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I just use the dishwasher to clean all components of the stove as well as the chimney filters. I just select the 'Intensive Kadhai' option on my Bosch dishwasher and it does the job beautifully of cleaning all the burners, the SS stove plates and the chimney filter.
Old 27th August 2020, 13:47   #8117

Top Loading Washing Machine Recommendation

Hello

I'm looking for a 6.5Kg fully automatic top loading washing machine. I am specifically looking for one that

1. Can accommodate powder/ liquid detergent
2. Has a provision to add fabric softener.
3. RPM >= 740 RPM

Brand inclination - LG

Budget - 18K

Location - Kolkata

Looking forward to your suggestions
Old 27th August 2020, 20:37   #8118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
What was the quoted price for LG? I am precisely in the same boat (Booked in Mid of July) and seriously considering LG @ 51K since price difference with credit card benefits reduces to 10K only and LG looks much more premium with better features.
Hi! I was quoted INR 55k. I did not get good feedback about the durability of LG dishwasher from a friend of mine hence didn't consider it.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 10:49. Reason: Removing extra space
Old 27th August 2020, 22:02   #8119
Team-BHP Support

Need recommendations for a cooking gas stove. Kitchen counter is only wide enough to accommodate 3-burner models max. Auto-ignition good-to-have but can do without. Reliability is important, of course.

Not particular about looks but would prefer something that doesn't look last century.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th August 2020 at 22:04.
Old 28th August 2020, 10:20   #8120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Hi! I was quoted INR 55k. I did not get good feedback about the durability of LG dishwasher from a friend of mine hence didn't consider it.
Please let us know what durability issues were faced by your friend. Currently Bosch/Siemens freestanding models are out of stock in Pune.
Old 28th August 2020, 10:39   #8121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Need recommendations for a cooking gas stove. Kitchen counter is only wide enough to accommodate 3-burner models max. Auto-ignition good-to-have but can do without. Reliability is important, of course.

Not particular about looks but would prefer something that doesn't look last century.
Prestige schott glass models. Was suggested not to go for Auto-ignition models, as it can give up in a year. If you want to go for something cheaper, you can consider Fabiano.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 10:53   #8122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Was suggested not to go for Auto-ignition models, as it can give up in a year.
I had a Piegon autoignition which worked fine for around 8 years. Now I have a Sunflame autoignition which has finished 2 years. Both were stainless steel though, not glass. There have been comments in this thread earlier, that glass may not be that safe for a stove (auto or manual ignition, either way).

But the market seems to be flooded with glass tops. As a matter of fact, when I was looking for a 3 burner stainless steel autoignition, it was rather difficult to find one - all available models were glass tops.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 14:39   #8123
BANNED

Quote:
Need recommendations for a cooking gas stove. Kitchen counter is only wide enough to accommodate 3-burner models max. Auto-ignition good-to-have but can do without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Prestige schott glass models. Was suggested not to go for Auto-ignition models, as it can give up in a year.
Got a Glen 3 brass burner stainless steel model recently on Amazon. I will NOT recommend it though - firstly due to sharp edges at bottom, and secondly due to the pan stands which wont hold small vessels. Smalls vessels mean those with vertical sides and hold one or two glasses of water. Or the "puttu steamer" is you are in south India.

Try to find some thing with cast iron pan holders - others simply melt. Also the pipes (which bring gas from the rubber tube to the burner / nozzle) should be brass or cast iron. Else they tend to get clogged with rust. Rubber bushes under the body wilt and melt with heat, oil and grime. Look for some other kind of support.

Understand that with stainless steel stoves, you are looking for a needle in a hay stack. Your best option will be to find a small shop which does LPG stoves only. Larger shops tend to stock eye candy. I almost gave up the hope of buying a SS one, and asked About glass top ones here some months back, when user Thad shoo'ed me off with a horror story of a glass top exploding during a house warming ceremony.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 17:24   #8124

Quote:

I had the same constraint with the Kitchen counter at my home. I bought the Prestige Edge Schott Glass variety 6 months back. It works perfectly fine. It's not an auto ignition model.
Old 28th August 2020, 17:56   #8125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Please let us know what durability issues were faced by your friend. Currently Bosch/Siemens freestanding models are out of stock in Pune.
Hi!His LG model has had issues with frequent Motor break downs and clogging. He also is not a fan of the cleaning efficiency. My contacts with Bosch on the other hand are very happy. Even IFB users are satisfied.

I am in the same boat. My wife calls up every store in Pune for Bosch dishwasher once a week. She called the Bangalore store room last week and they said it is available only on pre-order after 95 days.

I am now considering IFB.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 18:30   #8126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi!His LG model has had issues with frequent Motor break downs and clogging. He also is not a fan of the cleaning efficiency. My contacts with Bosch on the other hand are very happy. Even IFB users are satisfied.

I am in the same boat. My wife calls up every store in Pune for Bosch dishwasher once a week. She called the Bangalore store room last week and they said it is available only on pre-order after 95 days.

Which lg model, the new ones come with a brushless motor with 10 year warranty on the motor.
If you don't clean the filter any dishwasher will clog.

Last edited by aim120 : 28th August 2020 at 18:32.
Old 28th August 2020, 18:46   #8127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bosch dishwashers have been off the shelf for 4 months now - lockdown effect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Even if assembled in India with a high localization content
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The dealer whom we booked with says that the dishwasher is imported from turkey.
Quote:
\My wife calls up every store in Pune for Bosch dishwasher once a week. She called the Bangalore store room last week and they said it is available only on pre-order after 95 days.

Yep, been saying this on this thread since May. We were lucky in that we got the last available (packed) Siemens dishwasher at Croma Aundh Pune at the fag end of May. We were open to IFB/Siemens/Bosch and took it since it was the only one available. We'd earlier called up other Croma outlets, Vijay Sales, and every other retailer and everyone said they were out of stock. Some promised the prebook option but we couldn't trust it.

I spoke to the Territory Manager to arrange for the installation since Cust Care was useless. He said, a) all the Bosch/Siemens machines are imported as-is from Germany and since manufacturing was halted, flights were suspended and Customs have been very stringent with inspection since the lockdown, the entire supply chain is disrupted heavily

b) the last import of machines happened sometime in Feb and at least until mid-July, no new stock had come in. Fresh stock was expected only by Aug-end (he expected this back in June)

So, the experiences you guys are facing seem in line with what he said.

Here's a piece of advise: most retailers are liquidating their demo/display units which are damaged in one way or another: scratches, hinges making a noise etc. Out of desperation or excitement (that you finally found a piece in stock), don't commit to buy; inspect the unit thoroughly before accepting it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th August 2020 at 18:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 20:00   #8128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
... user Thad shoo'ed me off with a horror story of a glass top exploding during a house warming ceremony.
Never to be forgotten! Please note, though, that this was not a free-standing hob, but one built in to the granite top. I still suspect that the installers had not read the manual (do they ever?) and, somehow, had not allowed for expansion.

For taste, though, I prefer a steel top. And, unless the glass is some really fancy stuff, I suspect it cannot be as tough, and accidents do happen.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 08:11   #8129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Currently Bosch/Siemens freestanding models are out of stock in Pune.
Quote:
His LG model has had issues with frequent Motor break downs and clogging
LG Dishwashers are imported from Korea and not manufactured here. Hence from a quality stand point, I dont think there is any compromise. There are only 2 models that they import right now, which is DFB424FP and DFB424FW. Both are the same w/r/t features and only difference is Color. After 2 months of research, we decided to invest in the LG vis a vis Bosch because of the below. I had to pre-order from Unilet and the unit was delivered within 12 days of placing the order. Total cost ended up being 59K of which 5K was paid as booking advance while pre-ordering:
  • Wanted a half load, intensive and quick wash option. LG had all of it.
  • Turbo (1hr 30 min) and Express options (38 min) that do a great job of cleaning quickly. Can add steam or extra dry option to Turbo if needed as well.
  • Steam option helps loosen dirt and dry dishes faster
  • Quad wash/arm does a very good job cleaning because of its rotary mechanism
  • Baskets have flexible racks and are height adjustable - not the case in Bosch IIRC.
  • Separate cutlery basket that can be used specifically for cutlery
  • App has extra cycles that you can download eg. Night care that is extra silent. I haven't used many as yet.
  • Service - having owned 3 LG products, each lasted for 8-9 years with minimal service. I also know their service is good and responsive in BLR.
  • AMC for 3 years available at extra cost (6K - discounted rate running right now), which covers service every 6 month from LG and also covers part replacement in case of faults. This means for 5 years, you really dont have to worry much about your purchase as the product comes with 2 years of comprehensive cover from LG.
  • LG products come with a 10yr warranty on motor, which is direct drive with no belts. Lesser friction and wear and tear.

This playlist also helped a lot: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GBgsL7tBV1ymkX
Comparison video:

Note: You will need to invest separately in 3 necessary consumables to ensure your dishwasher cleans right a) Dishwasher salt b) Dishwasher tablets/detergents c) Rinse aid. All available on Amazon/Flipkart where Finish and Crystale are the most popular. You cannot use vim or other cleaning agents in a dishwasher.

Last edited by procrj : 29th August 2020 at 08:14.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 11:10   #8130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Note: You will need to invest separately in 3 necessary consumables to ensure your dishwasher cleans right a) Dishwasher salt b) Dishwasher tablets/detergents c) Rinse aid. All available on Amazon/Flipkart where Finish and Crystale are the most popular. You cannot use vim or other cleaning agents in a dishwasher.
Or you could get an all-in-all tablet which does the work of all three elements. Less hassle
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks