Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 11:38   #9616
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Would like to know the cost for a company sourced gasket.

(we have an IFB, but since I am just trying to get an idea, please share irrespective of which brand you have)
I just happened to change mine under warranty a couple of months back, although it was free for me, I could see that the MRP printed was somewhere around Rs.800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Looking at few articles, it appears that drum bearings might have gone kaput. Tried raising a request with Bosch for service and it's pretty steep at 673 Re+ GST just for visiting charges. Any recommendations for reliable FNG who can repair in Noida / Delhi.
Drum bearing+belt and shockers all demand replacement due to this issue. The service charge will take care of the replacement also when they will visit with the parts to change.

As per tv ads, urban company is charging around 100-200 rs for video consultation, you can check.
Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:39   #9617
BANNED

Quote:
So My 5 years old Bosch is facing trouble with Drum hitting the sidewalls too often during final Washing cycle. what could be the reason for this.

Looking at few articles, it appears that drum bearings might have gone kaput. Tried raising a request with Bosch for service and it's pretty steep at 673 Re+ GST just for visiting charges. Any recommendations for reliable FNG who can repair in Noida / Delhi.
Bosch's service charges have always been on the higher side, make sure you don't use the washing machine while the issue persists as it can damage the drum, this happened to me once and I got it repaired from a repair person I know who used to work in Bosch/Siemens.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 08:46   #9618
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a 28-30L convection oven? We had an LG before and it is still working fine. Just wanting to buy another one and was looking at this model from Samsung. Is it any good?

Edit : Thought to mention the use case for it. We use it for reheating, cooking rice (occasionally), baking (bread, muffins).

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 21st July 2022 at 08:50.
Old 21st July 2022, 09:03   #9619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Any suggestions for a 28-30L convection oven? We had an LG before and it is still working fine. Just wanting to buy another one and was looking at this model from Samsung. Is it any good?

Edit : Thought to mention the use case for it. We use it for reheating, cooking rice (occasionally), baking (bread, muffins).
I suggest you buy this one instead, it hardly makes a differnce and you save a few bucks too

Buy from Flipkart: https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-28-...m34fc35170ad79

OR

Buy from Amazon:https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Convec.../dp/B01LF9EX1G
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-oven.jpg  

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 21st July 2022 at 09:07. Reason: added content
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:42   #9620
BHPian

Quote:

Being using the same from past 4 years without any issues. When we bought it, the touch panel was not working. It was promptly replaced within a day.
pram_ind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:54   #9621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
I just happened to change mine .. a couple of months back, although .., I could see that the MRP printed was somewhere around Rs.800.
Replaced today, cost was 1144. Prices may have increased (rubber prices have). Since it was not a crack, warranty was not applicable.

Quote:
Any suggestions for a 28-30L convection oven?
We are using two different LG models. 2887 and 2846 (IIRC). I personally prefer the 2887 for ease in accessing buttons. The other one has a touch panel, and I dont think it will last as much as the button & rotary dial based controls on the 2887.

I did check Samsung (corporate offers available), but all Samsung models have black ceramic coating inside. This coating has been reported to come out over time. The LG's have bare metal inner shell.

Feature wise, there wont be much to separate them, It's about brand preference and points like the above that I have mentioned.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:30   #9622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So My 5 years old Bosch is facing trouble with Drum hitting the sidewalls too often during final Washing cycle. what could be the reason for this.

If it is a direct drive, then the bearings have gone.

in a belt drive, there are springs than maintain tension to keep the drum centered. These springs may have lost tension, or in the worst case one of them has broken leading to wobbling at low speeds and violent shaking during spin cycles.

My older IFB had a big stone (about 5kg+) on top of the drum frame to stabilise it. If current Bosch has the same design, may be the stone has shifted.

Here is a spares catalog from US site
https://www.buyspares.com/bosch/wash...57&refine=drum
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:18   #9623
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If it is a direct drive, then the bearings have gone.
Got the machine checked today from Bosch authorized engineer. The shockers are gone and will need replacement. Initial estimate is 900 re (+- 200) a piece. There are 3 shockers in total so should cost me around 3500+ GST over All. Thankfully no major damage.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 19:46   #9624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
I suggest you buy this one instead -- SNIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pram_ind View Post
Being using the same from past 4 years without any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We are using two different LG models. 2887 and 2846 (IIRC). I personally prefer the 2887 for ease in accessing buttons.
Thanks gents for your suggestions. I went to Devi international for shopping and after looking at all the various models (including LG & Samsung), we bought a panasonic one. This was recommended by the sales person as well.

Model : https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-Conv...822V56FQ&psc=1

Also bought a table top from Panasonic too on the same day. Haven't used it yet but plan to over the weekend.

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-MK-S...1H5Q94WQ&psc=1
Old 6th August 2022, 09:15   #9625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Will get it serviced while I look for a great offer on a replacement
Picked this one up just now for ~13.7K after ICICI NCE offer and one-off discount. Hope it was a good move

https://www.flipkart.com/galanz-mois...YDBHH4M8R9Q60N
Old 7th August 2022, 14:31   #9626
BANNED

I have a cordless phone around 3-4 years old who rechargeable battery has gone dead. It has 2 NiMH 300mAH rechargeable batteries. I cannot find any 300mAH rechargeable NiMH battery on Amazon.

I found one one bigbasket - https://www.bigbasket.com/pd/4012853...mah-bp2-2-pcs/

But first it's 600mAH & 2nd it's not specified if it's NiMH or not.

Amazon has a few but they mostly seem to be 900 mAH.

Does anyone know which batteries I could buy which will work well with the Cordless phone?
Old 7th August 2022, 15:44   #9627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a cordless phone around 3-4 years old who rechargeable battery has gone dead. It has 2 NiMH 300mAH rechargeable batteries. I cannot find any 300mAH rechargeable NiMH battery on Amazon.

I found one one bigbasket - https://www.bigbasket.com/pd/4012853...mah-bp2-2-pcs/

But first it's 600mAH & 2nd it's not specified if it's NiMH or not.

Amazon has a few but they mostly seem to be 900 mAH.

Does anyone know which batteries I could buy which will work well with the Cordless phone?
We use these NiMH eneloop batteries for our cordless phones.
They last really well and are no nonsense batteries.
Panasonic Eneloop AAA Rechargeable Battery, Pack of 4 https://amzn.eu/d/aFN6qil

No issue using higher mAH batteries.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 7th August 2022 at 15:47.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 21:03   #9628
Senior - BHPian

mi launched their advanced air fryer on 9th with OLED display, wifi, recipe etc. It's really good. They have done their research and delivered a stunning product
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_8167.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_8168.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 21:38   #9629
BHPian

We have recently purchased an airfrier, intentionally chose mechanical dials, even though a digital version
was also available, to avoid electronic pcb's, which are prone to failure.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th August 2022 at 21:40.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 22:10   #9630
Senior - BHPian

We had the dial one, and that one went kaput. Hope issues dont crop up on this. fingers crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
We have recently purchased an airfrier, intentionally chose mechanical dials, even though a digital version
was also available, to avoid electronic pcb's, which are prone to failure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks