Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 00:05   #9496
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Any views, experiences or recommendations?
I live in NCR so an air purifier is an essential item. Am using the Philips, MI (non app based) and Honeywell purifiers at home. All 3 are good, the MI is the best to look at, silent at slow speeds but quite noisy at its highest setting. Philips has many models, I think I have the AC2882 which is very effective. Honeywell model name I don't remember but it was around 10k, it's quite silent. All do a good job in cleaning the air, have had no trouble with any, just have to occasionally clean the outer filter thanks to the air quality here. I don't remember the figures but in my opinion the MI is good for a small room while the Philips can cover a large room and the Honeywell fits in the middle. Buying anything above 15k in my opinion doesn't make sense as most of the added features are just gimmicks. Hope this helps
rag_nfs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 03:06   #9497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Am using the Philips, MI (non app based) and Honeywell purifiers at home. ... ... ... I don't remember the figures but in my opinion the MI is good for a small room while the Philips can cover a large room and the Honeywell fits in the middle. Buying anything above 15k in my opinion doesn't make sense as most of the added features are just gimmicks. Hope this helps
Yes, certainly very helpful.

It makes me more confident in going ahead with the Philips which first caught my eye.

Thank you very much.
Old 31st May 2022, 15:33   #9498
BHPian

I have 6 variations of air purifiers at home the oldest two are Honeywell and Philips 2000 series both were in the range of about 20-22K back in 2016 when I picked them up for mum and dad online when I was based in Uganda, they are going strong and the only drawback I think with them are the replacement filter costs.

Once back in Delhi picked up a 3000 series Philips for a large room and some local makes of Coway and Pureita (something like that) filter prices are dependent on season and can match or go higher than Philips/ Honeywell at times.
Picked up a Mi a couple of years back (yes noisy on higher speeds), the filters are the most economical to change of the lot I own at about 1600-2600 each, post that came across Smart Air and have now picked up 2 Squair models. Again, a bit different design and can get loud on high, but the most simple and no nonsense models. Switch on and forget about it till time to change filter that are priced reasonably.
dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 19:19   #9499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter78 View Post
I have 6 variations of air purifiers at home the oldest two are Honeywell and Philips 2000 series ...
Thank you for your contribution. I don't think I'm much worried about noise on fast setting, more concerned about quiet running for the night.

For bedroom use, do you recommend a period of time on full power before bed?
Old 1st June 2022, 11:02   #9500
BHPian

Any views, experiences or recommendations?[/quote]

Quote:
Thank you for your contribution. I don't think I'm much worried about noise on fast setting, more concerned about quiet running for the night.

For bedroom use, do you recommend a period of time on full power before bed?
Pick up the Philips they are better engineered and the fan design is meant for quieter operations. Switch on at medium about 30 min before bedtime should help

Last edited by dexter78 : 1st June 2022 at 11:13.
dexter78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:00   #9501
Senior - BHPian

An air purifier is just a box with a fan and a filter. As long as the filter is as per specification and the fan powerful enough, you have a basic air purifier.

The best and cheapest air purifier that I have seen is the basic "Room Cooler". The air is filtered as it passes through a wet mat and there are no consumables except water.

The only down side is that it cools the room, hence a bit of a problem in winters.

A friend had modified the cooler and replaced the grass mats with industrial air filters, no water. It works like a dream and can be configured to give as much or as little air flow by adjusting the fan speed. The industrial filters are a fraction of the cost of domestic filters and large area of the cooler ensured efficient air purification.

Here is an example
https://www.nordic-air-filtration.co...-panel-filters
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:45   #9502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The best and cheapest air purifier that I have seen is the basic "Room Cooler". The air is filtered as it passes through a wet mat and there are no consumables except water.

The only down side is that it cools the room ...
Isn't this what is called a "desert cooler?" The downside at this end of India is that it not only cools the room, but humidifies it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:21   #9503
Senior - BHPian

So I am in the market for a new Dishwasher. The Bosch Dishwasher I currently have worked flawlessly for 6 years but has been problematic for the past year. I have replaced the heat pump twice, flow sensor twice, inlet valve once and a few odds and ends. The incompetence of the first technician was what damaged the inlet valve and a few other parts. Bosch gave some goodwill discount for the repeat failures and human error but still, I ended up spending close to 15k in repairs

How are the newer Bosch machines? Or are there any better brands that I can look at? Budget is not a concern, just want trouble-free ownership. Looking to make the purchase ASAP.
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:25   #9504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pick up the Philips ...
I have taken your advice and placed the order, even though the Conway seemed temptingly simple!
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:43   #9505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How are the newer Bosch machines? Or are there any better brands that I can look at? Budget is not a concern, just want trouble-free ownership. Looking to make the purchase ASAP.
We have IFB Neptune SX1 and it has been working well for the last ~3 years. Only repair we needed was an inlet valve that took about 2 weeks to source. Apart from that, no issues so far. Also, please take a look at this video. Her reviews are generally good.
siddhant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 00:14   #9506
BHPian

Quote:
So I am in the market for a new Dishwasher. The Bosch Dishwasher I currently have worked flawlessly for 6 years but has been problematic for the past year. I have replaced the heat pump twice, flow sensor twice, inlet valve once and a few odds and ends. The incompetence of the first technician was what damaged the inlet valve and a few other parts. Bosch gave some goodwill discount for the repeat failures and human error but still, I ended up spending close to 15k in repairs

Had purchased Voltas Beko 8 place table top dishwasher 2 years back at my parents place, got the same model for our place this year. Quite compact and working fine. My friend has a Bosch model, and except for once when some part was replaced, its been good.
Old 4th June 2022, 15:30   #9507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
We have IFB Neptune SX1 and it has been working well for the last ~3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Had purchased Voltas Beko 8 place table top dishwasher 2 years back
Thanks for the recommendations. But between Bosch, IFB and Voltas, I will stick to Bosch as I had a trouble-free experience for 6 years. Was just wondering if there are any premium offerings available.
Old 4th June 2022, 21:54   #9508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
will stick to Bosch as I had a trouble-free experience for 6 years. Was just wondering if there are any premium offerings available.
We have the Bosch 6 series IoT enabled DW since the last October. Works perfectly till now. We didn't think much of the IoT feature while buying. But, it has been very useful to tweak the settings wrt water hardness, rinse liquid usage with the Bosch Home app. There is also a remote start/stop with the app.

LG also has a good product but we have been pretty satisfied with the Bosch one.
Old 4th June 2022, 22:20   #9509
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations. But between Bosch, IFB and Voltas, I will stick to Bosch as I had a trouble-free experience for 6 years. Was just wondering if there are any premium offerings available.
Had an LG for 10yrs which was replaced with a Whirlpool. My brother has a Bosch. Among the current ones available I felt LG had the most premium offerings (actually talking about the situation before lockdown, as many good ones became unavailable after lockdown and many new re-labelled products newly appeared as well)
Old 6th June 2022, 01:37   #9510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pick up the Philips they are better engineered and the fan design is meant for quieter operations. Switch on at medium about 30 min before bedtime should help
Quote:
I have taken your advice and placed the order, even though the Conway seemed temptingly simple!
I received the 2287/20 today, delivered when I was out, Spent 50% over budget by getting the larger model! Story of my life.

It seemed to think that the air quality in my living room is not too bad! Until, that is, I cooked my dinner! It is very quiet, and doesn't get exactly noisy even with the fan speed ramped up. It is still in the living room now, will put it on bedroom duty tomorrow.

Thanks to all for help with the purchase .
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks