Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 22:34   #9511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have replaced the ... flow sensor
Been there, the technician blamed our electricity for it.

Quote:
How are the newer Bosch machines?
Similar, based on what I could see. They have a slightly different basket design with a more flexible cutlery basket and some convenience features, but my grandmother's 2020 machine has been even more problematic than our 2017 one. The first one came with a cracked tub and the replacement recently had a reportedly expensive recirculation pump failure.

IFB do not develop dishwashers at their Goa facility. Their dishwashers are straight imports, rebadged Vestels and I don't mean to stereotype but you could think of them as the Lada or Dacia of appliances.

LGs are more expensive and have a lot of fancy tech and feel-good features (touch controls, steam cycles etc)

If you can find out about service in your region I'd also recommend considering Beko (distributed by Voltas in India), their products are known to be among the best on a moderate budget in Europe. We had the old IFB Neptune (a rebadged Beko 3503) and it lasted a good twelve years with less trouble than the Bosch (but we used it less often).

Last edited by ron178 : 6th June 2022 at 22:36.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 15:04   #9512
BHPian

Quote:
Was just wondering if there are any premium offerings available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Had an LG for 10yrs which was replaced with a Whirlpool. My brother has a Bosch. Among the current ones available I felt LG had the most premium offerings (actually talking about the situation before lockdown, as many good ones became unavailable after lockdown and many new re-labelled products newly appeared as well)
Btw, in case you looking at the real step up from these ones then Miele is also worth considering. My experience with their home appliances have been good so far, but doesn't have any specific idea about their dishwashers though
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 23:54   #9513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Been there, the technician blamed our electricity for it.
Interesting. Even one technician said the same, as in there is an earthing issue. Got the wiring replaced by my electrician but I suppose I will take a look at it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Btw, in case you looking at the real step up from these ones then Miele is also worth considering. My experience with their home appliances have been good so far, but doesn't have any specific idea about their dishwashers though
Ended up ordering a basic Bosch itself. My mom wants to re-do the kitchen. If that happens, will get a built-in Mille or something. Wondering if it is worth selling the kidneys though
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 14:51   #9514
BHPian

Hello all. My parents have a Hitachi Refrigerator (Model No. R-S31SVND - 366 Litres) which was purchased in 2011-12. The machine has been running perfectly without any complaints. However the door racks and shelves have started cracking due to the age. I have contacted Hitachi Customer Care but there hasn't been any response from them. Any suggestions for finding replacement shelves?
Old 12th June 2022, 22:41   #9515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
We have IFB Neptune SX1 and it has been working well for the last ~3 years. Only repair we needed was an inlet valve that took about 2 weeks to source. Apart from that, no issues so far. Also, please take a look at this video. Her reviews are generally good.
Your recommendation of the YouTube reviewer Saumya for home appliances was extremely useful. I went through about 10 of her videos. She reviews with amazing clarity.
catchjyoti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 01:26   #9516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
However the door racks and shelves have started cracking due to the age.
Door racks get more difficult to find with time. For Shelves, take the old shelf to the local service office and ask for replacement of the same size. This is what I did for our old BPL fridge, but some time after that we ended up replacing the fridge itself.

Other option is to catch hold of a service guy of Hitachi/multi-brand and request for a private task. This is more likely, because they will know either way - if possible to find something, or not.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 11:20   #9517
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a LG 2846BR microwave oven. They have provided a full ONE meter long power cable.

Looks like LG has a super smart product team. Or may be LG thinks buyers must design their kitchens around their products.

On a related note: Purchase at Devi International, Jayanagar, Bangalore who gave us a good price - well below what Amazon had.

Last edited by condor : 19th June 2022 at 11:25.
Old 21st June 2022, 11:31   #9518
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Guys, the typical Anchor Roma socket has 5 holes - [ATTACH=Plug.png]Socket[/ATTACH]

The middle 2 holes - what standard plug is that supposed to fit?
So the reason I had asked this question was because I had ordered some thing which comes with a EU plug. The EU plug fits just nicely into the middle 2 holes of our Anchor sockets.
Old 22nd June 2022, 00:47   #9519
BHPian

We are looking to replace our 10 year old Panasonic Juicer Mixer Grinder with a food processor. We looked at Philips and Preethi and are leaning towards Preethi Zodiac 2.0. Preethi is almost 12K while Philips is only about 8K. Both are 750 Watts. We also checked out Morphy Richards that has a 1000Watts motor, but we are not sure about the service and durability.

We are still undecided and looking for recommendations. Thank you.
Old 22nd June 2022, 01:26   #9520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
We looked at Philips and Preethi and are leaning towards Preethi Zodiac 2.0. .
The only point I suggest to people wanting any such machine is to check the locking system between the jar & the base unit. If the locking system uses the simple, straight vertical fins (about 3mm thick) - I say avoid these. This lock mechanism wears out much faster, and one has to keep replacing that.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 04:34   #9521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
leaning towards Preethi Zodiac 2.0.
We bought Preethi Steele some time back. It was a mistake: it is very noisy. very LOUD noisy. It cost something like 7k or I'd just chuck it.

Criterion was one of the older makes with easily-sourced jars and parts. It worked out badly in this case.

Anyway, at least get them to run the thing for you in the shop, with jars attached, to avoid the same problem.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:03   #9522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check models from SUJATA as well. We had their Dynamix model mixer grinder and there were no complaints. We noticed that many juice shops uses Sujata brand.

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd June 2022 at 08:08.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:43   #9523
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
We are looking to replace our 10 year old Panasonic Juicer Mixer Grinder with a food processor.

We generally keep the mixer grinder and food processor separate. Former is a bit heavy duty for hard grinding and use Preeti products. Latter is for soft purposes and use Inalsa (costs around 8k) which is going quite good for more than 5 years now. We have a Prestige make slow juicer too that is working fine but cleaning is a bit of hassle, so hardly used.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:50   #9524
BHPian

Thank you all for the tips, suggestion and recommendation. Planning to do a store visit this weekend and decide. I will keep this group posted on what we finally pickup.
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:24   #9525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Got a LG 2846BR microwave oven. They have provided a full ONE meter long power cable.
Even our recently purchased Samsung microwave came with 1 meter power cable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks