Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 12:22   #9421
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
The pressure sensor of my Bosch front load washing machine has gone kaput. The service guy said part will not be available. Any pointers where I can procure it? If I dont find the part will have to buy a new machine.In that case wont touch a Bosch again. Might go with an IFB. Do we have a front load fully automatic with analog controls?
You have also the option of contacting "kabadi walla" who may have an old machine. Usually they pay 1-2K for old machines. If you find one ask him to give you the pressure sensor.

For new machine get LG. They have two plants - Pune and NCR and will stock parts for at least 10 years.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 14:28   #9422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
The pressure sensor of my Bosch front load washing machine has gone kaput. The service guy said part will not be available. Any pointers where I can procure it? If I dont find the part will have to buy a new machine.In that case wont touch a Bosch again. Might go with an IFB. Do we have a front load fully automatic with analog controls?
My relative who works in Bosch brought a Bosch washing machine 4 years back, through some employee scheme. He is not a heavy user of that machine. Still, the drum went kaput couple of months back. They quoted very high price (don't remember the exact amount) to replace the drum. He thought about it a lot and finally dumped his Bosch wachine machine (sold it via Olx for 2k) and brought a new IFB washing machine. He said, he is never going to buy a Bosch washing machine.
Old 6th April 2022, 16:13   #9423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
My relative who works in Bosch brought a Bosch washing machine 4 years back, through some employee scheme. He is not a heavy user of that machine. Still, the drum went kaput couple of months back. They quoted very high price (don't remember the exact amount) to replace the drum. He thought about it a lot and finally dumped his Bosch wachine machine (sold it via Olx for 2k) and brought a new IFB washing machine. He said, he is never going to buy a Bosch washing machine.
Employee scheme of Bosch is what they call minor defect or damage. Which is mostly damaged during transit, or product returned by customer for being defective.

I got one refrigerator through a friend in Bosch, got the ones where door would not close, they tried to repair it for 2 months by even replacing the door, but the issue was not resolved and they took it back and refunded.

Before that during Corona times when Dishwasher was not available in market, i had gone to buy Bosch dishwasher from employee scheme from same friend in Bosch. And it turned out water was leaking from dishwasher body. So had to return that also.

Moral of story, don't go for employee scheme from Bosch. And top of it, service is horrible.
shamanth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 16:32   #9424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Employee scheme of Bosch is what they call minor defect or damage. Which is mostly damaged during transit, or product returned by customer for being defective.

This is not the case. You can go to any Bosch brand store and get the regular products with the employee referral discount. There is no separate supply chain for the employee scheme. We have bought many washing machines and dishwashers via this route, thankfully with no problems (*touchwood*), but they are all relatively new.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 16:46   #9425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Moral of story, don't go for employee scheme from Bosch.
My relative brought the item from the showroom/dealer and while making the payment, they asked him for employee details. So, I do not think, they will have a separate stock for employee scheme.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 19:46   #9426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
My relative brought the item from the showroom/dealer and while making the payment, they asked him for employee details. So, I do not think, they will have a separate stock for employee scheme.
There are two things, One is 20-30% discount coupon for employees on shops like Reliance digital. The discount is on MRP, so most times discount wont match with shop discount or price in Amazon/Flipkart. So good for fresh model with no discount anywhere.

The other one is employee getting emails couple of times a year with list of items available on discount from 50-70%. They get email like "All India - Employee Monsoon Offer (Sale of Phased Out and B Good Appliances) for our employees"

My friend sent me the coupons to buy directly from shop after this debacle, but prices were less in Reliance than after discount on MRP. Anyways i later went and bought LG side-by-side.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-unnamed.png  

Last edited by shamanth : 6th April 2022 at 19:50.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 18:05   #9427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Bluestar followed by Carrier. Both are excellent. Choose whichever model fits your requirement
Picked up a Blue Star 200 litre model for 19,500 off Flipkart. Only irritating thing was the China source. Wasn't clear to me from the product listing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_20220406_183001.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_20220406_181927.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_20220406_181853.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 20:48   #9428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Wobbling was quite pronounced in my case even though it wasn’t making any disturbing noises. Best to get it checked if you feel it’s not installed properly while it is still in warranty.
Yes that's a good idea. I will schedule a visit for next week. Better to have it checked now than face any issues later on.

MaSh
Old 10th April 2022, 15:27   #9429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This is not the case. You can go to any Bosch brand store and get the regular products with the employee referral discount. There is no separate supply chain for the employee scheme. We have bought many washing machines and dishwashers via this route, thankfully with no problems (*touchwood*), but they are all relatively new.
I have two Bosch equipment:-
1. Dishwasher bought in 2012 through an employee friend, direct from store. It had its share of trouble, but none that couldn't be resolved through AMC. It has served us well. AMC is not available after 5 years.
2. Mixie bought in 2020 through an employee friend, direct from store. Minor issue of strange noise was rectified by Bosch within 4 days. Now running fine except that it's noisier than normal mixies, I feel.
Old 10th April 2022, 20:26   #9430
BANNED

This is not a purely appliance question but about batteries (AAA & AA) which are used with many appliances.

Long back, someone had told me that alkaline batteries are not suitable for all devices & some kinds of devices many be better off Zinc carbon batteries (our old Eveready batteries). For e.g. low power devices & low current drain devices may be best served with a Zinc carbon battery.

So I was wondering if this is true & if it is, where should old style batteries be used - for e.g. TV or Dish Box remotes, AC remotes, wall clocks, wireless mouse, torches - which of these devices are ones which are better off with old style batteries, if at all?

Last edited by carboy : 10th April 2022 at 20:36.
Old 11th April 2022, 09:23   #9431
BHPian

I have been using Prestige Electric Kettle for a long time and these are the stainless steel type kettles. I have been having problems with these regularly and serviced them and exchanged and bought a different kettle from Prestige but still they have to be serviced in just a few months time frame with some part or other failing.

The Prestige Kettle quality has gone down and the ones we had few years back never gave us any problems for years. I am looking for a good kettle in which plastic parts won't come in contact with hot water/steam.

Could you please give me some suggestions for my needs based on your experiences?
Old 11th April 2022, 09:59   #9432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
This is not a purely appliance question but about batteries (AAA & AA) which are used with many appliances.

Long back, someone had told me that alkaline batteries are not suitable for all devices & some kinds of devices many be better off Zinc carbon batteries (our old Eveready batteries). For e.g. low power devices & low current drain devices may be best served with a Zinc carbon battery.

So I was wondering if this is true & if it is, where should old style batteries be used - for e.g. TV or Dish Box remotes, AC remotes, wall clocks, wireless mouse, torches - which of these devices are ones which are better off with old style batteries, if at all?
Alkaline batteries are most suited for high current application. while the older batteries were best suited for low current applications. What this means is that Alkaline batteries will last as long; if not less; than zinc batteries for low power devices like watches, remotes etc.

Where they will excel is in high power - toys expecially cars, camera flash. high power portable music system etc,
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 11:34   #9433
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Alkaline batteries are most suited for high current application. while the older batteries were best suited for low current applications. What this means is that Alkaline batteries will last as long; if not less; than zinc batteries for low power devices like watches, remotes etc.
Thank you.What about a wireless mouse, a wall clock etc? Which is better for these?
Old 11th April 2022, 12:32   #9434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post

Where they will excel is in high power - toys expecially cars, camera flash. high power portable music system etc,
Tell me about it. I have been wondering why I have to change those Duracell batteries in the clock every 8-10 months while the old 10 rupee batteries used to go on for years.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:18   #9435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post

Could you please give me some suggestions for my needs based on your experiences?
We've had a Morphy Richards Instacook for nearly a decade now. Works as well as it did on day 1, never repaired.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks