Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 19:12   #10171
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Dishwasher (to support existing manual dishwasher). Need large capacity as we are 4 at home and do fiddle around a lot in the kitchen.
I'm also searching for a dishwasher and have shortlisted Bosch. As @motorworks said, there are many new manufacturers, but not sure how efficiently they clean the dishes, though the features are similar. We've also considered LG, but we found a Bosch model that is cheaper.

Quote:
- Robotic mopping solution. Never had one before, but need a reliable one to keep the house clean.
We bought the new Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop 2 Pro recently, and it's decent. While it takes care of the major work, we still have to spend some time pre-cleaning. It's easier if your furniture is robot-friendly so that it can access the maximum area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Robotic cleaning—Bought a Mi Robotic vacuum cleaner during COVID and sold it within a week. Found it to be fairly useless.
I guess it's the previous generation and heard the same from many of my friends. We got the latest generation and both vacuuming and mopping are satisfactory. It's priced close to 30k but I got it for 18.5k during the festival season.

It may also be worth noting that efficiency is drastically reduced if the dust compartment and filters are not cleaned frequently.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 19:26   #10172
Distinguished - BHPian

Dishwasher:
Stick to Bosch, Siemens or LG. The first two have extensively tested their machines for Indian conditions as per our impeccable experience with our 2015 Bosch SMS60xxx dishwasher.

Our Bosch is used thrice a week with very diverse loads like wine glasses, pots and plastics, and has never needed service till date. I ensure it is descaled monthly and it may have helped that we have a water softener plant for the kitchen. Again, I stick to Finish or Bosch OEM consumables only.

Robotic mop:
We have the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 and it saved us during the pandemic years. Excellent cleaning and mopping with intuitive mapping of rooms. Reasonably quiet and accessories easily available both OEM and aftermarket. Planning to pick one more up next month to avoid the issues with our separate floors.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 19:40   #10173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

Dishwasher—We bought a LG dishwasher during the COVID situation, quite happy with it. We also have a Bosch in the family, and thats been quite reliable as well. Bosch as a brand has been manufacturing dishwashers for a long time now, so should be your default choice.

Robotic cleaning—Bought a Mi Robotic vacuum cleaner during COVID and sold it within a week. Found it to be fairly useless. My friend has i-Robot, in-fact he has 2, one for dry vacuum and another one for wet mopping. He is quite happy with it.
We've had a Siemens Dishwasher for 10 years now, and we use it once every single day. Absolutely no issues till date (Touchwood). It was pricey (roughly 30k when we bought it) but worth it IMO.

We also have had an iRobot Roomba i3 for 8 years, without any major issues, as long as you do the yearly service. We picked up another one (Roomba i7+) as carrying the roomba up and down to clean was annoying. The cleaning has been great so far, never felt the need to buy the mopping robot. You can manually mop the place once a month or so if you wish. Whichever one you're picking up, get one which has Room Mapping as its a lot faster and efficient.
Old 21st January 2024, 20:48   #10174
Senior - BHPian

During lockdown I purchased Voltas Beko (Voltas JV with German Beko brand) table top dishwasher. A few things were considered before I decided to go for it

- Size and Installation requirements : I wanted a dishwasher to fit in the utility area of my flat. I already had a top load LG washing machine and IFB clothes dryer so space was limited. Was not looking for a full size machine.

- I also wanted a dishwasher not only for lockdown but useful when our maids return. I imagined that most of the days (when maids turn up), dishwasher would not be in use. Only days when maid decides to take leave, the dishwasher would be turned on. For this limited usage, a full size dishwasher was overkill and waste of space and money.

With these requirements, we welcomed Voltas Beko table top dishwasher and it has turned out be a good decision. It helped us a lot during lockdown and even now whenever our maids decide to take leave. I'd recommend it for people who don't foresee every day use and have a requirement similar to mine. It could be just put on top of counter top or simply installed like a regular dishwasher.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st January 2024 at 20:49.
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:12   #10175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Robotic mop:
We have the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 and it saved us during the pandemic years. .
Are you using the vibrational mopping accessory? I too have the same model and am contemplating getting this. But would like to know if it is beneficial or not
Old 24th January 2024, 15:52   #10176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Total will be 7x 1200/1400 + 1x 400 ceiling fans + 1x wall fan!
Quoting my own post, Atomberg ceiling fan buyers can directly go for the 1400 mm size; it is significantly better than the 1200 mm in my practical experience especially at the fringes. The price delta is only 400 bucks, It also looks more elegant than the stubbier 1200 mm one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Are you using the vibrational mopping accessory? I too have the same model and am contemplating getting this. But would like to know if it is beneficial or not
Mixed feelings here. It is good and really scrubs the floor, albeit noisily. But mine stopped working a few months back for some reason, and now I use it for simple mopping in the static mode only. It mops better than the normal one due to its hefty weight.

I’d suggest buy it if you get a great deal.

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th January 2024 at 15:55.
Old 29th January 2024, 10:52   #10177
Senior - BHPian

Cooktop upgrade time:

We've been using an old Siemens hobtop for ages now (Guessing it's more than 20yrs old) and it's finally started showing its age. The service center guys who come over are always excited to see this "vintage" model!

Finally last time, they said it's time to let it die...

Been looking at multiple options and both of us liked this particular model from faber:

https://faberindia.com/collections/4...ce-plus-4bb-bk

Just wondering how the burner design is since it's a bit different to the conventional design.

Any opinions?
Old 30th January 2024, 21:26   #10178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

Just wondering how the burner design is since it's a bit different to the conventional design.

Any opinions?
We use both Faber hob and a regular gas stove. The gas consumption in Faber is higher probably due to its burner design
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:05   #10179
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Completely Disappointed with Bosch front load. Machine is 7 years old with active usage of just 5 years. She was lying idle for full 2 years during Covid as we were stuck in native and saw no actions .

Once out of warranty, She have seen all shocker changes, multiple heater changes, Bosch refused to extend the warranty or accept AMC and each visit costs me 800 re flat + spares which are not cheap by any stretch. Now the PCB have packed up and engineer proudly put the cost at less than 7K + 800 re for visit. Croma guys are putting the buy back cost at scrap value while i am getting a decent buyback price from Samsung / Panasonic.

Think I am done with German reliability and quality now & will stick to Koreans or Japs. I am looking for a recommendation for a reliable top load washing machine with heater functions.

Any feedback on below model from Panasonic or any 7.5 Kg form Samsung / LG. My only requirement is heater function & do or want any WIFI / Alexa.

https://store.in.panasonic.com/washi...ver-color.html

https://www.samsung.com/in/multistor...A80BG4582BDTL/

Kindly help.
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:06   #10180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Completely Disappointed with Bosch front load. Machine is 7 years old with active usage of just 5 years. She was lying idle for full 2 years during Covid as we were stuck in native and saw no actions .

Once out of warranty, She have seen all shocker changes, multiple heater changes, Bosch refused to extend the warranty or accept AMC.......
Kindly help.
I have long ago given up on European and American brands of Home ppliances. Their arrogance is unbelievable. You feel that they have done a favour selling you their applainces and if any thing goes wrong it is your fault.

Now I am fully sold on Korean brands for appliances. They have set up excellent after sales service, their parts are reasonably priced and response to calls (at least in Delhi) fast.

I suggest that you try LG front load washing machines. Our first one lasted 7+ years without a fault and the current one is into its sixth year. Previously we started with Sumeet (1991) and the IFB Bosch (2001). Both had same pedigree but suffered from the same design defect.

Current range of WM are mostly direct drive with good warranty.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:03   #10181
BHPian

+1 for LG. My first one lasted 10 years. 2nd one is into its 4th year. Pretty responsive after sales service and cheap spares.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 11:52   #10182
BHPian

Hello folks, looking for recommendations for vacuum cleaners. We have a deebot n10 at home which does the work wonderfully. However, curtains, sofas and fans are out of reach for the floor confined machine. Currently, we have a black & decker vacuum which gave up last weekend. So, instead of getting it repaired (2nd time in 6 years), I am considering giving into the demands of Home Minister and get a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

So, as described, we want something to clean the sofas, chairs, etc periodically and can also be taken to do cleaning duties for the car. Quick online searches show multiple options and what caught my eye was V12S wet and dry. Does this variant also do wet mopping? Or can it at least handle small spills?

I am planning to visit a Dyson store over the weekend to gather more info as well, but any recommendations are welcome.
Old 27th February 2024, 12:33   #10183
BHPian

Tagged along a friend who needed a bigger refrigerator. The 2 door convertible ones from Samsung, LG etc are not efficient. They convert a huge portion into freezer and not really suitable for our use. Only Haier had decent ones with 3 doors where one was freezer and the other half above it was convertible. The right side long one was normal fridge.

In Samsung if you need such conversion you pay close to 3 lakh for the ones we saw. Haier understands the requirements better I guess. Friend is still thinking if he should buy Haier
Old 27th February 2024, 12:45   #10184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Hello folks, looking for recommendations for vacuum cleaners.
Picked up a Philips Cordless sometime back and it's been a joy to use. The mi robot does it's scheduled clean-up and we use the Philips whenever And the dust it picks up from Sofas/Beds was scary.

https://www.domesticappliances.phili...icks/fc6726-01

The led lights really does throw light on the dust situation on the floors...
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 16:02   #10185
Senior - BHPian

Looking for some recommendations for Air Fryers? Budget is ~5-7k

Noob question: Does it really help keeping the taste intact while reducing oil usage by 70-80%?

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th March 2024 at 16:18.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks