Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 22:18   #10126
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Guys,
I am looking for a full brass hob. ( The concealed type). I had shortlisted elica and faber brands. I was told, elica customer service is very poor. So, dropped it and I almost bought faber nexus series hob. I came across the hobs from kaff. They look more elegant. But not many reviews for their products though. The kaff sales guy tells me they are better than faber.
Is kaff a good brand?. ( Surprisingly, their pricing is on par or even higher than faber)
Also, these days most of the brands have this feature called flame failure device. ( It turns the gas off automatically). How effective are these and is it worth considering hobs with this feature?
We have used a Kaff concealed hob for more than 20 years. It worked flawlessly for more than 15 years. Required some servicing as the auto lighter got spoilt. Replaced it last year with another one from kaff. Simple drop down in the old cut out. Overall we have been very satisfied with it.
SedateGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 23:32   #10127
Distinguished - BHPian

We continue to get service for our Kaff hood, hub and electric oven, after 15 years.

Have had the ignition thingy replaced a couple of times.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 00:08   #10128

Quote:
Guys,
I am looking for a full brass hob. ( The concealed type). I had shortlisted elica and faber brands. I was told, elica customer service is very poor. So, dropped it and I almost bought faber nexus series hob. I came across the hobs from kaff. They look more elegant. But not many reviews for their products though. The kaff sales guy tells me they are better than faber.
Is kaff a good brand?. ( Surprisingly, their pricing is on par or even higher than faber)
Also, these days most of the brands have this feature called flame failure device. ( It turns the gas off automatically). How effective are these and is it worth considering hobs with this feature?
Hi, I work for a Kitchen Appliances company. Kaff and Elica are excellent in terms of quality. You may also consider Bosch built-in hobs.Customer service depends on the area where you are residing.
FFD turns off the gas flow incase the flame gets turned off. This will not work if you turn on the gas supply but forget to light the flame.
madmax_rak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 07:10   #10129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
KAFF is a good brand and more premium than Faber. As others have opined, they make good hobs.

One suggestion - If possible, check the hob by placing utensils you normally use like large pots/pans/tawa etc to ensure hob is large enough and there is enough distance between burners as per your liking. Also I have noticed that some burner design is prone to utensil touching the burner (cast iron support is too wide or height is not enough). Do check for that also.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th August 2023 at 07:12.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 09:29   #10130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I came across the hobs from kaff. They look more elegant. But not many reviews for their products though. The kaff sales guy tells me they are better than faber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Overall we have been very satisfied with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We continue to get service for our Kaff hood, hub and electric oven, after 15 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_rak View Post
Kaff and Elica are excellent in terms of quality. You may also consider Bosch built-in hobs. Customer service depends on the area where you are residing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
KAFF is a good brand and more premium than Faber.
We've had a KAFF built-in electric oven and microwave since 2013. Elegant looks and good quality - has never needed servicing either.

BUT, lately the KAFF oven has started to rust in specks here and there - I suspect one of our temporary (bright sparks) maids has sprayed it with something corrosive and then not wiped it down ASAP. As the saying goes, "a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing!"

Can anyone suggest a way out? I have anyway ordered a stainless steel cleaner and will also try the various Internet suggestions too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_6508.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_6507.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_6506.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th August 2023 at 09:33.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 17:50   #10131
BANNED

Looking for the smallest wet coconut chutney grinder mixie I can find - don’t want N number of accessories and I won’t need the big jar and waste of space it will bring. My kitchen is already too cluttered. It should be leak proof and silent. Any suggestions?
Old 17th August 2023, 18:15   #10132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Looking for the smallest wet coconut chutney grinder mixie I can find - don’t want N number of accessories and I won’t need the big jar and waste of space it will bring. My kitchen is already too cluttered. It should be leak proof and silent. Any suggestions?
Have seen this being used by an acquaintance. He says it does the job swiftly and efficiently.

You could give it a try.

Disclaimer: No affiliations, commercial interests or personal experiences involved.
Old 17th August 2023, 19:33   #10133
BHPian

I have a problem with dust / sand particles in the pipeline in my apartment and damaging my RO water purifier and washing machine water cut-off switches multiple times. Any suggestions on some kind of water sediment filter to fix in my apartment main pipeline? Or any other options to fix this issue? Thanks..
Old 17th August 2023, 21:14   #10134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDifferent? View Post
I have a problem with dust / sand particles in the pipeline in my apartment and damaging my RO water purifier and washing machine water cut-off switches multiple times. Any suggestions on some kind of water sediment filter to fix in my apartment main pipeline? Or any other options to fix this issue? Thanks..
You can use a pre filter like this before the RO filter: Konvio Neer Pre Filter for Water purifier for All RO Water Purifier, External Prefilter kit with 2 spun candles white https://amzn.eu/d/gtDdfSo

The filter candles are quite cheap and can be replaced every month or a few months. Although not meant for it, I don't see any reason why this cannot work for washing machine too. Generally, unless you have a lot of sand, washing machines should not really require such an intensive filter.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 21:25   #10135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Doesn't your RO has pre filter? How frequently you are changing it if you have one? Generally washing machine has a fine filter at the water inlet entrance and you can clean it with a brush.

Full home sediment pre filters with different micron size filtering is available in the market. For local unbranded ones, a 20 micron one costs less than 5K. Branded ones like 3M may cost more. Check their website.

Before finalizing the Sediment filter, do a water analysis with turbidity measurement and decide the size of filter. Please note filter cleaning or changing frequency will depend on the turbidity and flow requirements of your home.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 16:58   #10136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Have seen this being used by an acquaintance. He says it does the job swiftly and efficiently.
I reckon this kind of (nutri-) bullet blender (at least that's how they're anecdotally referred to here) are your best bet if you want a small appliance. Was going to suggest another solution is to just get a stick blender with the provided cup to mix in (it's certainly what I've used and continue to use due to space constraints) but the downside is you won't get a seal as such and it might not break down food as fine as a bullet blender would. I'd go for former in all honesty. Plus if it's rated for smoothies, it should have a high enough wattage motor to cope with blending tougher foods (I think the test is how it copes with ice cubes?). What you don't want is it to start struggling with your coconut blending and end up smelling of burnt copper as it's innards give in from the effort. I've seen too many cheap bullet blenders from my student days give up the ghost when asked to blend anything more than a banana smoothie.

What I'm less sure is it being silent. None of the bullet blenders I've seen are silent. But that might have to be the compromise if it otherwise does the job I suppose.
ads11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 18:21   #10137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can anyone suggest a way out? I have anyway ordered a stainless steel cleaner and will also try the various Internet suggestions too.
Have you tried plain old white vinegar? It's usually how we've dealt with rusty stainless steel when it comes to cutlery. Just leave it to soak overnight. Maybe spray on the vinegar and wipe it down with kitchen towels?

The other thing we've used before is another solution as old as time. Just mixing a bit of water and baking soda into a paste and spot cleaning rusty areas with it.
ads11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 11:31   #10138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Install a whole house filer system, preferably at the source of water. That is at the mains if independent house or at the overhead tank outlet if it a multistory flat

https://www.3mindia.in/3M/en_IN/p/c/...r/whole-house/

https://www.3mindia.in/3M/en_IN/p/d/v000057158/

The filters are quite efficient nd consumbles are reasonably priced
Old 20th August 2023, 12:24   #10139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
You can use a pre filter like this before the RO filter: Konvio Neer Pre Filter for Water purifier for All RO Water Purifier, External Prefilter kit with 2 spun candles white https://amzn.eu/d/gtDdfSo

The filter candles are quite cheap and can be replaced every month or a few months. Although not meant for it, I don't see any reason why this cannot work for washing machine too. Generally, unless you have a lot of sand, washing machines should not really require such an intensive filter.
I doubt this will work for washing machines since the inlet and outlet pipes are 1/4 inch dia and thereby the water flow rate will be very slow
Old 21st August 2023, 00:43   #10140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
It seems it is not equipped with an 'auto-restart function'.
Can other owners of branded dryers please comment?
Just saw your post. Can confirm our Bosch (WTE84100IN if it matters) does not have this either.

Makes a case for the cheaper electromechanical-timer IFBs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks