Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 15:58   #10006
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A couple of months back we purchased a BOSCH DISWASHER 13P SMS66GW01I WHT from Croma for about 41,000.

Anyone on the fence about buying a dishwasher, my advice, GET IT.

It seriously makes our life so easy at home.
+ one from my side, we too have a 5+ year old Bosch dishwasher. We are using it on a daily basis and it works like a charm each time and my wife loves the convenience it provides. The warm squeaky clean cutlery and plates cannot be matched by hand wash.
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 16:09   #10007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If you mean quartz sinks, I'm told these can crack while straining hot water from cooked things.
I have Carysil quartz sink since 2008 as the main kitchen sink. It has survived hot and cold water. Other than minor darkening(staining?) at places it is working well. Yes, hot water from stove is indeed strained into the sink (or a vessel in it) regularly, in addition to hot water from solar line through a mixer tap.
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 17:47   #10008
Senior - BHPian

We have the LG one for 4 years (Made in Korea), but it's too expensive now at Rs 67000
Quote:
A couple of months back we purchased a BOSCH DISWASHER 13P SMS66GW01I WHT from Croma for about 41,000
Old 18th May 2023, 21:56   #10009
Senior - BHPian

Just curious what you guys have to say about Waste Disposal units and which brands you recommend.

Why you may ask ? Tbh I'm not really sure, it just makes sense to have. Also i guess it would mean just having one bin sitting in the kitchen for the dry waste. I absolutely hate having bins in cupboards under the sink or wherever and having to reach into that dank smelly space to throw or remove anything and not have enough vertical space to scrape of food leftovers and what not.
With a waste disposal it goes in gets ground and flushed out, rinse with water and you are done.

Oh one more thing. My newish Seimens washing machine has a problem with water collecting in the fabric softener slot of the tray. I removed and cleaned the scum from the surface but it's still happening

Last edited by Mortis : 18th May 2023 at 21:59.
Old 19th May 2023, 10:58   #10010
BANNED

Coming back to BLDC ceiling fans.

The older fans I have are 1400 mm. Old tech fans run at 400 RPM while BLDC 1200 mm fans run at 350 RPM. 1400 mm fans from Atomberg (couldn't find 1400 mm BLDC fans from other brands) run at 290 RPM.

This, to me, is like saying a 66.66 BHP engine claiming it is consuming 33.33% less energy than a 100 BHP one. It is accurate, but when you need 100 BHP power, you need 100 BHP engine.

Am I missing something?

Mosquitoes, heat and humidity here means can't use slower or smaller fans.
Old 19th May 2023, 11:11   #10011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Just curious what you guys have to say about Waste Disposal units and which brands you recommend.

Why you may ask ? Tbh I'm not really sure, it just makes sense to have. Also i guess it would mean just having one bin sitting in the kitchen for the dry waste. I absolutely hate having bins in cupboards under the sink or wherever and having to reach into that dank smelly space to throw or remove anything and not have enough vertical space to scrape of food leftovers and what not.
With a waste disposal it goes in gets ground and flushed out, rinse with water and you are done.

I have been using Futura food waste disposal connected to the sink (picture attached). It crushes the waste and flushes it out with water. Found it useful to dispose wet kitchen waste like peels /egg shells / tea leaves /leftover soft food from utensils before wash etc. You will still need to dispose separately wet waste which can't be crushed by the unit such as coconut shells and any other type of hard food items.

It has been working well for past four years. If it meets your needs then you can go for it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-screenshot_20230519_110615_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th May 2023 at 11:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:48   #10012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have been using Futura food waste disposal connected to the sink (picture attached).
Hi isn't it environmentally damaging and lead to clogging of the waster water system.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:10   #10013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Hi isn't it environmentally damaging and lead to clogging of the waster water system.
Food waste disposer is a very common and a standard fittings in kitchen sink in US.The food disposer basically grinds the food waste and flushes it along the drain pipe, since it just food waste its gets digested by the bacteria as it moves along in the drain. Yes, the drain can get choke if the system is not designed well to handle such loads.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:10   #10014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Coming back to BLDC ceiling fans.

The older fans I have are 1400 mm. Old tech fans run at 400 RPM while BLDC 1200 mm fans run at 350 RPM. 1400 mm fans from Atomberg (couldn't find 1400 mm BLDC fans from other brands) run at 290 RPM.
Actually the rotation speed of the fan depends on many factors - primarily it is the load. If the fan blades are covered in inches of grime and dust, the fan will slow down - even the old fashioned induction motor fan. Brush Less Direct Current (BLDC) motors have high torque for the power consumed and so will draw more current.

The claim of 30 VA is for a clean fan. I checked the power consumed for a BLDC fan without the blades and it showed less than 10 VA.

I checked the consumption of a dirty fan (covered with dog fur, grime and caked dust) and it showed about 90 VA (induction motor).
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:13   #10015
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
In quite a few YouTube videos I have seen from the US, use of these things is mandatory if you want to connect a kitchen sink to a municipal sewerage line.

Don't feed plastics and non bio degradeables to it.

The usual practise here is to connect a kitchen sink into a soak pit or a drain where only waste water is supposed to go. The solid left overs and kitchen bio-waster is segregated and disposed separately. Marketing people however suggest to connect this thing to drain / soak pit, which, IMHO can cause clogging.

Soak pIt, sewerage line and septic tank are 3 concepts BTW.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 16:22   #10016
Senior - BHPian

This waste disposal system would be used in a flat so no septic tank or drainage pit would be in the picture unless they already exist in standard building design. AFAIK in Mumbai both grey water and sewage share the same line to the waste water treatment plants so ground down organic waste would just be food for bacteria to break down, same as anything else.

So finally should I get one installed when the kitchen is renovated ?
Also how are they used in a normal pattern? Does food need to be shoved under a flap or do you just dump it on top and it gets sucked in with some water flow ?
Old 19th May 2023, 16:53   #10017
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Does food need to be shoved under a flap or do you just dump it on top and it gets sucked in with some water flow ?
Dump in the sink, start the water (tap), switch on the disposal & then switch off the disposal & stop the tap.
carboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 15:40   #10018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Helpful insights, thanks. I'm tending towards a vented one as I have the luxury of the garage location. Any further thoughts?
Vented dryers are rare commodities! I can only see these:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...8PF77J9K&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Automatic-I...s%2C372&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.in/IFB-Dryer-Dry-...s%2C372&sr=8-2

Quote:
The combination of hot water and the chemicals in the dishwasher detergent react with aluminium.
We have used our Bosch DW for 8+ years and exclusively used the 3-in-1 Finish tabs. Results have been exemplary so far.
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:11   #10019
BHPian

Quote:
The combination of hot water and the chemicals in the dishwasher detergent react with aluminium.
Quote:

We have used our Bosch DW for 8+ years and exclusively used the 3-in-1 Finish tabs. Results have been exemplary so far.
Just to be clear on the part you quoted from bblost's post...
Your experience with Aluminium cookware on Dishwasher with Finish 3-in-1 tablets has been trouble free for 8+ years? I had accidentally put the group head of an espresso machine (Delonghi ec685) in dishwasher without realising it was 'chrome coated' aluminium and it was discoloured (the chrome coating was gone and aluminium had quite bit of dark pattern/patches).

Quote:
Vented dryers are rare commodities! I can only see these:

https://www.amazon.in/LG-Automatic-I...s%2C372&sr=8-8

Guess this LG is a condenser one.
Btw, are you looking at replacing your Galanz? As a fellow Galanz owner was wondering whether your are having some part failure or some other issues?

Last edited by LobsterB : 22nd May 2023 at 11:18. Reason: Adding drier part
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:55   #10020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Your experience with Aluminium cookware on Dishwasher
Not all Aluminum turns black in DW. I tried some utensils for the sake of experiment and while some stays bright silvery some turns black. Although in all the surface becomes rough. I think the composition of the aluminum utensils matter. BTW I use Fortune detergent in a Bosch DW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks