Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2023, 20:23   #9901
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Samsung FL have aluminum spider supporting the drum. It corrodes with time. There are numerous reports of spider breaking down around 5-6 year time period including my brothers.
Thanks for this information. So, Samsung is one to avoid. Any other brand you can suggest?

We have regular service centers of major brands, but I don't think IFB or Bosch have their outlets. Though they are available at local Reliance / Aditya vision stores. An overload warning with robust machinery is what I want. No fancy gadgets as it would mostly be operated by some non techy person.

I have also heard that as you go higher up the load rating (for eg 8 kg), parts availability become difficult. Though, washing machines and refrigerators have become mostly use and throw types. So, as long as it lasts and does not give any operational issue.

Front load is the one to get I think.
Old 28th January 2023, 20:31   #9902
BHPian

^I don't know if any machine have overload indicator.

I have good experience with LG. My earlier LG FL served around 11 years with little trouble with everyday use. I needed a larger one, so I bought another LG about 2. 5 years back. Good and fast service with great spare availability in case you need it. Charges are reasonable too IMO.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 11:45   #9903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Does any washing machine have an overload indication / protection? I had a 6 kg front load from Samsung. Due to too much (undetected) load by household help resulted in the drum's link breaking off which is not repairable.

Else, was pretty much satisfied with the washing machine.
I think that LG has overload protection.
https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/lg...es-errors.html

The WM has direct drive and the supports are very sturdy, never faced any issue with support till date. Any way LG assures of spare supplies for at least 10 yers. They have two plants - Pune and Delhi (near by).
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:03   #9904
BHPian

Bought 2 Panasonic NanoeX 1.5T ACs based on suggestions from friends and fellow bhpians. After installation found out that indoor unit of AC1 to be defective as it was missing a sensor. Tweeted to Panasonic and they duly replaced the AC as I did not agree for repair since it was a brand new QC passed AC. After getting my WiFi connection tried registering both the ACs to MirAle app but was not able to register AC2 as it was not being detected by MirAle app. 2/2 ACs gone wrong from Panasonic that too clearing QC does raise some serious doubts.
Tweeted again to Panasonic India who are ready to replace the complete AC with a newer model but asked me to pay around 3k for which i refused since it was not my fault. Any suggestions on how to take this up further?
Old 6th February 2023, 14:02   #9905
BANNED

You mean, because a product does not get registered for warranty, the brand is replacing the unit?

Did I get it right?
Old 6th February 2023, 16:39   #9906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
You mean, because a product does not get registered for warranty, the brand is replacing the unit?

Did I get it right?
Nope MirAle app is Panasonic's automation app helping us to control the AC remotely via WiFi. One out of the two ACs is not detected by the application and hence the replacement.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 20:25   #9907
BHPian

I have a rather peculiar query. Is it safe to keep a microwave oven (the full bells and whistles version with Convection, MW and Grill) on top of our Dishwasher? How hot does the bottom of an oven get? Does it get hot enough to melt or affect the plastics / top cover of the dishwasher? I wouldn't have been too concerned if it was just the regular Microwave, but since ours has the grill and convection options, it is used to bake stuff for over 40 minutes and it can get quite hot around the oven.

Usage wise, since there is a single 20A plug outlet that serves both these machines, there will be no instance where both machines will be running at the same time. So, its either the MW or the DW. We use both machines daily and fairly regularly. But, 90% of the times, the MW is used to heat stuff only. Baking/Grilling happens once in 10-15 days. We dont prefer moving the oven back and forth between the counter tops (while being used) and on the top of the DW (while not being used) as the oven is frrrrrreakishly heavy and moving it every now and then is a big task.

Asking this because the oven takes up significant countertop real estate in the Kitchen. Insights would be helpful!

Last edited by vsathyap : 9th February 2023 at 20:28.
Old 10th February 2023, 11:15   #9908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
I have a rather peculiar query. Is it safe to keep a microwave oven (the full bells and whistles version with Convection, MW and Grill) on top of our Dishwasher?
Asking this because the oven takes up significant countertop real estate in the Kitchen. Insights would be helpful!
I am generally against stacking appliances directly on top of one another. Science? No idea but something about it just does not feel right.

Would something like this help in your limited countertop?
https://www.amazon.in/Everline-2-Lay...dp/B0933LQPVX/

Or a wall mount like this?
https://www.amazon.in/MILADTM-Stainl...dp/B08SL21ZQ1/
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:05   #9909
BHPian

Quote:
I have a rather peculiar query. Is it safe to keep a microwave oven (the full bells and whistles version with Convection, MW and Grill) on top of our Dishwasher?
I have placed my Microwave/convection Oven on top of a Dishwasher. But I am using a couple of Ceramic tiles on top of the DW and the oven sits on top of the tiles. You can't feel the heat underneath the tiles.

The Wooden racks which support the rice cooker also have tiles (left over from renovations).
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:13   #9910
BHPian

Quote:
How hot does the bottom of an oven get?
Since I bake regularly using the convection setting of the microwave, I can answer this question. The heat below and above is certainly enough to melt plastic.

If you must stack this above your dishwasher, use a thermal or ceramic barrier between the two appliances.
Newtown is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 14:20   #9911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
What you have said is correct as regards to deterioration because of stagnant water. However I could get a Samsung Dishwasher (with 2 years extended warranty) for half the price of a Bosch/Premium brand dishwasher. I just couldn't ignore that.
I am looking for a new dishwasher and have never used one before.

I LOVE your logic of the Samsung being half the price.
How is your appliance working now?

Can you please also share a link to the model.

Thanks.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 20:26   #9912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I LOVE your logic of the Samsung being half the price.
How is your appliance working now?
The dishwasher is working well. The only complaint is that this being the lower model in the series, doesn't have the auto door opening feature which the top one has. Because of this, there are droplets of water on the utensils (condensation) if the door is left shut after the washing cycle is done.
This is the Dishwasher I am using.
https://www.samsung.com/in/dishwashe...w60m5042fs-tl/
I bought it from Croma. Got it for around 19k and paid 3k for extended warranty.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 20:39   #9913
BHPian

Quote:
I have a rather peculiar query. Is it safe to keep a microwave oven (the full bells and whistles version with Convection, MW and Grill) on top of our Dishwasher? How hot does the bottom of an oven get? Does it get hot enough to melt or affect the plastics / top cover of the dishwasher? I wouldn't have been too concerned if it was just the regular Microwave, but since ours has the grill and convection options, it is used to bake stuff for over 40 minutes and it can get quite hot around the oven.

Only using microwave function for 2-3 minutes doesn't generate a lot of heat and in that case it should be fine but when it comes to using the convection part it generates a lot of heat and overtime it will make plastics brittle.

So I would advise you against stacking of appliances.

If you're going to wall mount using a separate countertop i would also also suggest you to anchor it using Iron Fasteners.

Last edited by revvharder : 10th February 2023 at 20:42.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 15:38   #9914
BHPian

Atomberg Fans service is a joke. Bought around 10 fans in total. Installed 8 of them at home couple of months ago and started using them 20 days back. 2/3 1400mm and 2/5 1200mm fans are either wobbling or giving a creak creak noise else both. Raised service request 20 days ago, they have changed wings for 2 fans, magnet for one fan along with wings, sent the wrong color of wings for one fan and still the problem persists with 3 of them.
Their customer care & serv Engg do not have a clue on what went wrong and above all the SE says 1400mm fans and their mixers are not good so it's better to avoid them. Don't know what to do with these fans as they are giving us sleepless nights. Anybody has email-id of some higher up from Atomberg India?
smrtdvl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 18:16   #9915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
The dishwasher is working well. The only complaint is that this being the lower model in the series, doesn't have the auto door opening feature which the top one has. Because of this, there are droplets of water on the utensils (condensation) if the door is left shut after the washing cycle is done.
This is the Dishwasher I am using.
https://www.samsung.com/in/dishwashe...w60m5042fs-tl/
I bought it from Croma. Got it for around 19k and paid 3k for extended warranty.
I don't think its a problem with the door opening. You have to increase the settings for rinse aid. Rinse aid is used in the last cycle and also is a drying agent, work with increasing your Rinse aid settings step by step till you get dry utensils.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks