Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 10:48   #9886
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Gents, I am looking for a 8.5/9kg front load washing machine. I have finalised between IFB's senator and Bosch's serie 6

Although BOSCH seems superior machine wise but IFB has very good service and spare parts networks. If anyone has a first hand experience with BOSCH washing machines, could you please let me know the experience and after sales support please?
Old 12th January 2023, 11:42   #9887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Gents, I am looking for a 8.5/9kg front load washing machine. I have finalised between IFB's senator and Bosch's serie 6

Although BOSCH seems superior machine wise but IFB has very good service and spare parts networks. If anyone has a first hand experience with BOSCH washing machines, could you please let me know the experience and after sales support please?
I am using IFB Senator from the past 13 years. Touchwood.
Even the IFB guys are calling and selling an upgrade.

But, people say, the quality has gone down a lot, and now Bosch holds the crown wrt quality. So it boils down to, do you need a quality product? or do you need better service?
Old 12th January 2023, 11:53   #9888
SGK
BHPian

Quote:

I have been using a BOSCH washing machine for the last 2 years and the quality is top notch. It is literally so silent that sometimes we forget that WM is running in the house. But don't expect the same with regards to service. One component conked off due to a cockroach (even surprised to know it was not designed for such a condition) and you have to wait for 6-8 days to get a replacement in Bangalore. If your city doesn't have proper service, then it is going to be a pain.
SGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 12:22   #9889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...If anyone has a first hand experience with BOSCH washing machines, could you please let me know the experience and after sales support please?
We have 3 Bosch washing machines and 4 dishwashers in the family and many more among friends / extended family. Only one of the Dishwashers in Bangalore had a cockroach infestation related issue for which a part had to be replaced and the experience was quite good. They even supported a warranty claim for the part.

The product quality is top notch and I think Bosch is putting more focus on the home appliance business in India now with more localisation, etc., and hence even customer support / after sales should only get better.

The situation is so similar to VW, German giants with good products and bad / inconsistent service

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 12th January 2023 at 12:23.
Old 12th January 2023, 13:39   #9890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have finalised between IFB's senator and Bosch's serie 6
We’ve been using IFB and Bosch front loader machines for some time now. The IFB at my hometown is over 22 years old and the Bosch serie 2 at my apartment for 6+ years.

Never had any major problems with both the machines other than the usual wear and tear parts such as the belt and the door gasket. IFB has stopped parts for our unit and the plastic teeth like attachments in the drum has worn out.

Service has been good and the technicians attend to the calls on time. Please do the maintenance on a timely basis - like descaling, cleaning the lint filter, inlet water filter (if you’ve installed one) etc. And use a liquid detergent so it doesn’t leave any residue. No clue about the quality of the recent batches.

This is the IFB unit:

The Home Appliance thread-d81d8c1314bd47bea31d3bc671cc1711.jpeg

Rats once made it their home entering the unit through the bottom which is left open and chewed the cables:

The Home Appliance thread-acba954fdfe04b2f8412d598b541f179.jpeg

The Home Appliance thread-6daac2174b0e425c8b10d039590accc4.jpeg

This is the Bosch unit:

The Home Appliance thread-f1c0b5e8141041efaca269d0a9f0f708.jpeg
Old 12th January 2023, 14:20   #9891
BHPian

Bought 15Kg LG front loader washing machine. Its good to wash more clothes in one go. Its automatically available on LG thinq app and notifies when washing is done You can also program/start from the app which is common to LG devices, currently TV and washer on it.
Old 12th January 2023, 20:50   #9892
Distinguished - BHPian

Bosch washing machine is like VW car (yes, I have both!). Indeed it is localised: the European version is higher spec and much more expensive.

Some things annoy me, like having a soap drawer that has a pre-wash section, but there is no pre-wash option. Frankly, though, it is a feature that I would very, very rarely use anyway.

My Bosch washer was bought in early 2016. It has never gone wrong. Sometimes, now, it takes a thump to get the machine to register that the door is closed,and there is some rust around the soap drawer and bottom edges of the cabinet. The machine lives outside, although it is in a covered passage and not open to weather. The bottom of the machine has rat-proofing. This is essential to me: rats destroyed my beautiful European Bosch machine.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 12:19   #9893
Senior - BHPian

I prefer LG washing machine. We are on our second one (sold the previous one in perfect condition after 9 years of use). Though LG may not be as robust or reliable as Bosch, their service is top notch and parts availability no problem (they are made in either Pune or Noida factories).
Old 13th January 2023, 16:47   #9894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My Bosch washer was bought in early 2016
Mine too was bought in early 2016. It is a 7 kg Bosch.

In two years and four months (warranty expired) the door-switch failed and I had to pay Rs.1,260 to get it replaced. It took nine days for the part to arrive.

Now at 6+ years it is working well. I will order Bosch again if this has any major failure.
Old 16th January 2023, 22:40   #9895
BHPian

I bought AO Smith 25L water heater of Finesse series @ 10k from a nearby authorized retailer.
Online lowest price I could find was 11.5k and that too from unknown retailers on Amazon, Flipkart and the likes.
I needed to buy 8 pcs. So it was a difference of 12k!
So much for the claims of super savings and what not from these online portals.
Old 18th January 2023, 17:06   #9896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I bought AO Smith 25L water heater of Finesse series @ 10k from a nearby authorized retailer.
Online lowest price I could find was 11.5k and that too from unknown retailers on Amazon, Flipkart and the likes.
I needed to buy 8 pcs. So it was a difference of 12k!
So much for the claims of super savings and what not from these online portals.
Now a days, retail shops are willing to match or exceed the online prices, be it AC, Heaters, Laptops or other appliances.

So it is best to do your research online and then bargain at the retail shops.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 17:42   #9897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Now a days, retail shops are willing to match or exceed the online prices, be it AC, Heaters, Laptops or other appliances.
This has been so for 7-8 years now, I think. In the last 7-8 years, a majority of my phones, laptops & appliances have been bought in brick & mortar shops because I found them not just match but beat online prices. For the laptop, I bought the laptop from Reliance Electronics local store, but I got the warranty extended online through Dell directly over email, because there Reliance quoted a price more than what Dell Quoted.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 22:51   #9898
Senior - BHPian

Brick and mortar shops always have the best prices compared to buying it online and are my preferred choice
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 14:30   #9899
Team-BHP Support

Does any washing machine have an overload indication / protection? I had a 6 kg front load from Samsung. Due to too much (undetected) load by household help resulted in the drum's link breaking off which is not repairable.

Else, was pretty much satisfied with the washing machine.
Old 28th January 2023, 18:55   #9900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Does any washing machine have an overload indication / protection? I had a 6 kg front load from Samsung. Due to too much (undetected) load by household help resulted in the drum's link breaking off which is not repairable.

Else, was pretty much satisfied with the washing machine.
Samsung FL have aluminum spider supporting the drum. It corrodes with time. There are numerous reports of spider breaking down around 5-6 year time period including my brothers.
archat68 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks