Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 11:18   #9931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Thank you guys, After considering the suggestions of Bhpains, I purchased a Pigeon Air Fryer for around 3150 Rs from Amazon, which included a 2-year warranty. To ensure extra protection, I also opted for an extended 2-year warranty from Onsitego for around 300 Rs. I was hesitant to spend too much on an air fryer since I wasn't sure how often I would use it, but Pigeon is a reputable brand, so I decided to give it a try. Although the equipment I received seemed to have some marks on it, it worked perfectly fine.

I've experimented with different recipes using the air fryer and so far, I'm impressed with the results. I've tried making roasted potatoes by boiling them first with salt and baking soda and then air frying them at 200C for 20 minutes. They turned out crispy and just as good as deep-fried ones.

However, my attempt at making cheese balls with frozen cheese was a failure. The cheese inside melted quickly, causing the balls to become soggy, and after a few minutes, they were burnt.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, and I feel that the 3300 Rs spent on the air fryer and extended warranty was worth it.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2023 at 09:23. Reason: Want to avoid AI on the forum
Old 19th March 2023, 08:28   #9932
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up an Atomberg Renesa BLDC wall-mounted fan for use in our study. So far very satisfied with it for the following reasons:
1. Makes almost no noise in 1-2, marginally at 3 and acceptably at 4-5.
2. Classy looks including the high quality remote.
3. Oscillates smoothly without jerking.

Got it for ~3.2K off Amazon after a bank offer.

https://atomberg.com/renesa-wall-mounted-fan

Added a few pictures. Mods: please merge.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_20230319_115241.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_20230319_115211.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_20230319_115207.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th March 2023 at 12:30. Reason: Merged. Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2023, 22:58   #9933
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a 1200mm ceiling fan with remote for a 12x12 room size. Not very expensive ones but in the range of Rs 3500-4000. Primary purpose is remote operation and good airflow to cover the room.

Came.across fans from Atomberg on Amazon. Reviews are quite mixed and many complaints about noise, remote not working, poor after sales etc.

I'm thoroughly confused hence looking for feedback if anyone has first hand experience. Are fans (with remote) from Crompton / Orient /Havells better if they are in my budget?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd March 2023 at 23:24.
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:30   #9934
BHPian

We recently purchased Orient Hector 500 with remote. It does fall within your budget range. Has been working well for the past 4 months. Crompton did have an option in this range but picked up Orient due to it being a few hundred rupees cheaper.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:37   #9935
BANNED

I moved my 6.5 kg IFB top loader from one room to another around 8-9 months back. It was ok till recently. But for the last month or two, it's shakes violently for half a minute 3-4 during the whole cycle. I think this is when the fast spinning happens.

What should I do - should I call the after sales service or is this something I can fix myself?

Last edited by carboy : 2nd April 2023 at 12:39.
Old 2nd April 2023, 18:39   #9936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What should I do - should I call the after sales service or is this something I can fix myself?
Hi, I had a similar problem with my washing machine. It was fixed by changing the 'feet' of the machine by a technician. He said the 'feet' had got worn out.

Check first if the levelling is correct. If not, call service centre.
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:42   #9937
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Check first if the levelling is correct. If not, call service centre.

How to check if leveling is correct?
Old 2nd April 2023, 20:26   #9938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I moved my 6.5 kg IFB top loader from one room to another around 8-9 months back. It was ok till recently. But for the last month or two, it's shakes violently for half a minute 3-4 during the whole cycle. I think this is when the fast spinning happens.

In front load machines there is a shock absorber inside. That needs to be replaced once in 4-5 years. Don't know if same thing is applicable for top loaders,

For checking the level you can try this one in Amazon

https://amzn.eu/d/5jdnrZo
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 02:06   #9939
Distinguished - BHPian

For checking the level, use a spirit level and adjust the feet. Make sure the locknuts are tightened after adjustment. If the back of your phone is level you can get an app!

I've never heard of replacing any shock absorber ever four to five years, and I have lived with front-load machines for decades. I'm not saying it's a never, but I don't think it is a regular thing.
Old 3rd April 2023, 07:42   #9940
BHPian

My 5 year old Bosch front load washing machine is showing signs of body rust. Since it’s out of warranty, Bosch has conveniently washed its hands off the matter. The machine works like a dream but for how much longer is a huge concern. I’m quite surprised at this poor quality and their callous customer care from an expensive brand like Bosch.

In comparison my earlier Whirlpool top load machine served me without such issues for 15+ years.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th April 2023 at 01:37. Reason: A word
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:28   #9941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
My 5 year old Bosch front load washing machine is showing signs of body rust. ...
Mine is about 8, and it has been showing rust signs for quite a long time. Yes, I agree that it is a bad sign and we should be able to expect better of this brand.

It doesn't seem to progress beyond paint loss and surface rust. If this was a car body, there would probably be some holes by now! (Ahem, it is doing a lot better than my Swift did )

I keep telling myself I should be rubbing it down and applying some rust-stopper and paint. And I wonder if I would get a shock if I look at the back/underneath/inside of the machine

My advice to you would be to make that effort to arrest this rust formation. I confess that I have just been lazy about it. I might be less so if it was in a kitchen, on view, but it is outside in a covered area, and I don't look at it often.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:51   #9942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Mine is about 8, and it has been showing rust signs for quite a long time. Yes, I agree that it is a bad sign and we should be able to expect better of this brand.
My 10 year old LG front load washing machine is also showing signs of rust, in close proximity of the tray where we add the washing powder. The service technician was of the opinion that we were not careful while adding washing powder, and that it could have accumulated around the tray, and slowly dripped on to the paint and corroded the metal. The rust has not affected the working of the machine though.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 14:55   #9943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
The service technician was of the opinion that we were not careful while adding washing powder, and that it could have accumulated around the tray, and slowly dripped on to the paint and corroded the metal.
In other words, the thing is not suitable for use by ordinary people as a washing machine! I hate it when they say stuff like that.

Flipping the coin, I guess we should keep the detergent drawer and area clean. Service guy told me that it due to foaming. Why? Too much washing powder. This is possibly a point, although we actually use half quantity because I noticed the machine being full of foam and the clothes feeling a little soapy after rinse.

I have, several times, ranted that car paint should be able to deal with bird crap and other normal, usual, atmospheric stuff. Well, washing-machine bodies should be able to deal with washing powder.

Hey Ho: it's a very imperfect world!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 17:51   #9944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, washing-machine bodies should be able to deal with washing powder.

Hey Ho: it's a very imperfect world!

My Samsung WM also had this issue. The service guys sanded and repainted it. The problem is not with the detergent, it is with the residual detergent. Also be aware that the leftover powder can accumulate and eventually break the drive shaft of the wash drum. It can act like an abrasive.

The easiest way? Simply start using liquid detergents. You can even buy "money saver" refill packs. We now use Ariel Matic Liquid only.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 4th April 2023 at 17:56.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 19:27   #9945
BANNED

Quote:
Well, washing-machine bodies should be able to deal with washing powder.
Washing machine PCB's aren't even able to handle a lot of water. In my opinion, Washing Machine PCBs should be waterproofed by potting it with potting compound.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks