Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 09:39   #9736
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I also reached the same conclusion on the wobble. Some application of physics that we learnt at school. One is motor is lightweight, second is diameter is too small. So that way, the moment of inertia is much lower. There’s another 1400 mm model called efficio that has flatter disc like motor which may show lower wobble. But that doesn’t look as chic.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 30th September 2022 at 09:40.
Old 30th September 2022, 13:08   #9737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
In my case batteries - normal would last 2 weeks max, alkaline 4 weeks and rechargeable 4 weeks, but they are rechargeable after all.
Hmm, even the crappy Amazon Basics alkaline lasted a month on my wireless mouse. Energizer up to 4-5 months & Duracell even more than that. And I use my laptop with mouse a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Is yours a very old mouse? Most modern mouse don't drain the battery so fast.
OK, looks like I have to eat my words. After using Microsoft, Logitech & Mi Wireless Mouse for quite a few years, I now have a HP wireless mouse. This mouse drains batteries at 3x or more the speed of my earlier mice. An alkaline battery barely lasts a month on this mouse. It's not any fancy or expensive mouse but just a very basic wireless mouse like the earlier ones. Planning to avoid HP mice in future.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:00   #9738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I also want to buy a 3 burner stove....
After getting an earful from the domestic powers that be, I finally bought this simple, no-frills model from a local appliance store for Rs. 5300.

https://www.jyotiindia.com/gas-stove...2-dt?filter=21

So far, so good. Only time will tell how durable and reliable it is.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 15:21   #9739
BANNED

Anyone know of a good, reliable quality stove lighter to be used for lighting the gas stove?
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:40   #9740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Was it installed by company technicians? Happened in my case due to incorrect installation. Quoting my experience from earlier this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I have self installed it, but I can sense the the slight wobble is possibly because of the S clamp which is just hanging on the rebars ( in the ceiling) which is slightly deep and ths shackle grip on the clamp is not very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I also got a Renesa 1400 last week from a Local Dealer and his Electrician installed it. There was a wobble in my case as well of the Down Rod and Motor Unit. Not extreme, but easily noticeable. Raised a Ticket wit Atomberg, who sent a Technician and as per his diagnosis, there was some misalignment in the 3 blades and he measured them from top of ceiling to align them properly..
Looks like it is an inbuilt feature of Atomberg fans. The four fans I have also wobble mildly. The two fans which had undergone a surgery at the hands of an Atomberg technician also exhibits similar issue and couldn't be resolved. Reviews on the fan also brings up similar stories on web.
Old 2nd October 2022, 18:40   #9741
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally fan wobble is associated with incorrectly balanced blades. For the reason, one should not mix fan blades from different packs; even if they are of identical model.
Old 5th October 2022, 04:48   #9742
BHPian

Hi guys,
Looking for a noiseless and filterless chimney with 90cms width and suction capacity of 1500m3. Please suggest good reliable brands and models.
Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 17:48   #9743
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, looking to pick up a high quality rice cooker on the Amazon / FK sale. Budget is 10K or so. Any thoughts please?

We will make only rice in this, and hence don't need the fancy 13 function pressure cooker ones.

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th October 2022 at 17:50.
Old 7th October 2022, 06:36   #9744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi guys,
Looking for a noiseless and filterless chimney with 90cms width and suction capacity of 1500m3.
Im renovating my kitch Gen and have been following this thread for long. Right now, the plan is to stay with a 15 or 20 cm exhaust. May be fabricated a sheet metal - likely stainless steel inverted funnel aka chimney. I'l be able to place the exhaust directly above the cooking area, so plan is to avoid a chimney.
Old 7th October 2022, 10:27   #9745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi guys,
Looking for a noiseless and filterless chimney with 90cms width and suction capacity of 1500m3. Please suggest good reliable brands and models.
Thanks
Check out Elica models with BLDC motor. I found them to be less noisy compared to others.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:25   #9746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So finally decided to junk this 2 year old machine & ordered a Samsung off Amazon. Never again will anyone in my family touch anything from Godrej.

My nightmares with Godrej continues. I have a 6 year old Godrej Eon Fridge.
In the last couple of years

- the fan motor changed twice.
- the PCB changed once.

But worse than this is their customer service. Click on the quoted post above to see how bad their customer service reps were with my mom's Washing Machine.

When the fan motor was changed for the 2nd time, it was a nightmarish experience with customer service - 3 days, they kept saying he will come today & he finally landed up only on day 3 giving all kinds of excuses - bike punctured, was stuck in emergency, was ill, etc etc.

Next a few weeks back, one of the glass shelves shattered & I just wanted the part because I thought I could replace it myself. Called the Godrej customer service & they asked them where I could buy the part. They said they will pass on my request to the spare parts dept & someone will call me from there with 48 hours. 72 hours passed & no calls. Called again & they said they will escalate it & arrange a call back right away. 3 more days passed & no call back. Finally I registered a service request asking for part to be replaced & said I will pay visiting charge (I think 550 Rs) other than cost of part. I got a call next day that the service guy will visit me during the day with the part. Nobody comes. Call next day & they said Service guy's bike got punctured & hence he didn't visit. Said he will visit today. Again nobody turns. Finally on day 4 the guy turned up & replaced the glass.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 19:19   #9747
BHPian

An interesting lesson from my LG refrigerator servicing.

What had happened?

We have an LG inverter refrigerator double door (about 5 year old). This morning we noticed that the cooling had stopped in the lower area (fridge section), whereas the upper area ( freezer section) was working properly. So we sensed that the compressor was working fine. Nevertheless, we had to get this thing rectified, so we raised the complaint with the helpdesk, and patiently waited for the staff to come over to look into the matter. You know who starts getting restless when such an issue happens.

The service staff contacted us, and arrived to check the refrigerator in about 4 hours from raising the request. Interestingly they were not third party, but LG employees, which they confirmed when I asked.

What was the finding?
In the setup there are two fans, one circulates air to the freezer and the second one to the fridge, but both of them are placed in a module that is fixed inside the freezer. Apparently one of the fans had got jammed (probably due to the moisture that froze on the axle of the fan), thus preventing the rotation. They just removed the module, put some hot water on the fans, and dried them using a hair drier and put it back.

Lesson
I asked that guy, if it was just due to the freezing, and had we switched off the fridge for a couple of hours, would that have melted the frozen ice, and resumed normal function. That guy dodged the question, but as a first round of troubleshooting on your own, it may be worthwhile to switch off the fridge for a few hours, let the ice melt and then start again, to see if normal operation resumes, before reaching out to the service helpdesk.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 15th October 2022 at 19:21.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 22:27   #9748
BHPian

With high standards of Insulation, I would give it more time or keep the doors open for faster defrosting.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 01:14   #9749
BHPian

Quote:
but as a first round of troubleshooting on your own, it may be worthwhile to switch off the fridge for a few hours, let the ice melt and then start again, to see if normal operation resumes, before reaching out to the service helpdesk.
we had this issue with our Samsung double door that the refrigerator side was fine but the freezer side was not. The engineer said right away it was due to a gas leak. I was skeptical due to my ignorance but he said the gas was low and sufficient for the fridge but was unable to be effective for the freezer. He changed a portion of the copper and refilled the gas and it was worked well since.
Old 16th October 2022, 01:31   #9750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... ... as a first round of troubleshooting on your own, it may be worthwhile to switch off the fridge for a few hours, let the ice melt and then start again, to see if normal operation resumes, before reaching out to the service helpdesk.
Do you not use your freezer for long-term storage? Many of us do. It would not be an option to turn it off and let it thaw.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks