Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 10:02   #9706
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can you share the link of the wall fan? Also, can anyone advise on a ventilating source for a low ceiling room? Cannot fit a exposed ceiling fan - any good quality recessed / enclosed fans available? Floorspace also limited and hence a tower fan is not ideal either.
Unfortunately, Atomberg seems to have stopped (or paused) production of the BLDC wall fan.
I spoke to them on +91 91360 67083 and they didn't have a clear timeline of availability.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:45   #9707
BHPian

I have narrowed my short list to two variants of atomberg 1400: renesa and renesa+.

I have noticed two main differences:
In the + variant the blade shape is slightly different and it is also a smart version (app controlled) vs the other one.

Any inputs on choice of either variant?
Old 11th September 2022, 11:01   #9708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I have narrowed my short list to two variants of atomberg 1400: renesa and renesa+.

I have noticed two main differences:
In the + variant the blade shape is slightly different and it is also a smart version (app controlled) vs the other one.

Any inputs on choice of either variant?
Its just a Fan and no one looks at their fans and admires for hours. Just get the one you like more. Duh!

Have a Look at Crompton BLDC fans. they come with a 5 year Warranty! If you want peace, you have a choice.
Old 11th September 2022, 11:09   #9709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Its just a Fan and no one looks at their fans and admires for hours. Just get the one you like more. Duh!

Have a Look at Crompton BLDC fans. they come with a 5 year Warranty! If you want peace, you have a choice.
I agree, I don’t care about the form factor, but if the shape of the blades influences the noise levels or air distribution, that’s what could sway my decision.

I have a Crompton BLDC in one of the rooms. And I wanted to try this for possibly lower noise and larger blades leading to better air distribution coverage.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th September 2022 at 11:14.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 14:16   #9710
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, I don’t care about the form factor, but if the shape of the blades influences the noise levels or air distribution, that’s what could sway my decision.

I have a Crompton BLDC in one of the rooms. And I wanted to try this for possibly lower noise and larger blades leading to better air distribution coverage.
The flatter the blades, the lower the noise, and The lower the air flow. and less load on the motor.

The motor is not making any noise. The noise is from the air.

So, More noise means, you are getting more air. The down side is, the motor is taking up some load/resistance.

There would be a parameter [CCM] called air flow and they provide the number. Use this number of your current fan to compare weather you are going to get more / less noise from the other fans.

Summary: Atomberg claims lower power usage/wattage, which means, their blades will be flatter, so, less noise and less air flow. The winds will be more straighter, which might impact airflow towards corners of a room. Check different models and consider the one with ~30 + Watts for better airflow. Dont go full power saving mode with lower power rated fans.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 17:54   #9711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd save my money and take the dumb one. I have 3 smart ones and the rest are remote-controlled. Cannot remember the last time I used the Atomberg Gorilla app.

Last time I did it, the cleaning maid quit saying there are ghosts in our villa

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th September 2022 at 17:55.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:10   #9712
BHPian

Apparently the atomberg app appears to be a dumb app with features that are same as those on the remote, based on what I have noted so far. However, I haven't noticed any real automation features.

On the contrary, I am quite impressed by the wiz app by Philips, which I have recently started using with a smart tubelight. In that I have scheduled the different light modes (on, focus, relax, cosy, off) at different times of the day. So as such, even if I switch off, it aligns to the schedule whenever it is switched off again. Post 9:30 pm, transition from relax to cosy mode helps better preparation for sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-screenshot_20220911191149_wiz.jpg  

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th September 2022 at 19:12.
Old 13th September 2022, 16:32   #9713
BHPian

Quote:
I'd save my money and take the dumb one. I have 3 smart ones and the rest are remote-controlled. Cannot remember the last time I used the Atomberg Gorilla app.

Last time I did it, the cleaning maid quit saying there are ghosts in our villa
The 1400mm doesn't appear to have a smart+ option (app based). So I am left with 2 dumb options: renesa and renesa+. The fomer is 3.8K and latter is 4.9k. The only difference is that the + version has metallic finish, and anti dust coating, whereas the other is matte finish.

Don't see much appeal in the + version for the price difference. So going for the lower model. Let's see how this turns up.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 13th September 2022 at 16:33.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:57   #9714
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for OTG's ?
This is for home/amateur baking and grilling veggies.

Looking for free standing appliance only (not built-in) and we have a space constraint, so ideally the 30-40 litre capacity ones will be a good fit according to my initial research. However, on visiting a local appliances store they had only 24, 28, 35 (Bajaj only), 45, 50, 52, 60 Litre models.

We currently have had a trouble free ownership experience with a 24 litre Morphy Richards model OTG, so I was looking for the same brand, but open to others as well.

*Models under 30L do not have a fan and vents, so the heat does not spread evenly, hence looking for something in 30-40 L

I think Faber has 34 and 45 L models and i haven't yet seen them, any feedback?

Last edited by NPV : 19th September 2022 at 08:58.
Old 19th September 2022, 09:28   #9715
BHPian

I cannot say about baking (like bread, cake, biscuits etc), but we found air frier to be an useful appliance for grilling vegetables, and we could make home pizza comparable to our electric oven (in half the time when compared to the oven due to convection). Just a thought.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 19th September 2022 at 09:30.
Old 19th September 2022, 10:16   #9716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
*Models under 30L do not have a fan and vents, so the heat does not spread evenly, hence looking for something in 30-40 L

Using https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08KWC9JDT/ for about a year now.

Our usage is around 1-2 times/month.
We have not tried grilling veggies, but baked cakes and also made cookies.
Also tried dry roasting peanuts. So far very happy with the product.
rajesh1868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 16:48   #9717
BHPian

Quote:
Picked this one up just now for ~13.7K after ICICI NCE offer and one-off discount. Hope it was a good move

https://www.flipkart.com/galanz-mois...YDBHH4M8R9Q60N
Am looking to buy this during the sales. One question though. When you bought it from Flipkart, who did the installation? Flipkart or the manufacturer? I searched the internet but could not find an Indian website nor does a search in google maps throw up any service centers in India. Is it supported by any local Indian brands at this time?
Old 21st September 2022, 20:00   #9718
BANNED

Dishwashers and Indian cooking - yet again.

Hi everybody.

I love khara Pongal and upma. And the way we cook it, we leave it till the water evaporates, and this leaves a brownish layer at bottom of the vessel. There is also a similar layer when we boil milk. It leaves a thin layer on the utensils. This close to, but not exactly "burnt" dish. The question is, should such layers be removed for cleaning such utensils in dishwashers?

"Scrape off left overs" is a phrase that keeps cropping up in reviews, hence the question.

TIA.
Old 21st September 2022, 23:29   #9719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Am looking to buy this during the sales. One question though. When you bought it from Flipkart, who did the installation? Flipkart or the manufacturer? I searched the internet but could not find an Indian website nor does a search in google maps throw up any service centers in India. Is it supported by any local Indian brands at this time?
Neither Flipkart or manufacturer will send an installer as far as I understand, but then there isn't much of an installation required either... It is almost an open the package and plugin case, if you don't plan any ducting for the air vent.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:23   #9720
BHPian

Planning to go for Atomberg Fans but not sure if I should opt for 1400mm fans for the master bedrooms (11*16) and has no wardrobes in them but seating for 2 with a coffee table. 1200mm ones are ok for all other rooms. Has anybody used the 1400mm fans as I am getting mixed opinions on fan speed & noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks