Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:29   #9691
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I am planning to buy a few BLDC ceiling fans (with remote) (online). I want to go with low noise fans.

In the past I had purchased a Superfan brand, but that was slightly noisy. Also purchased a Crompton bldc fan, that was less noisy.

Any recommended brand / models?

I am seeing a high selling brand called atomberg. Does anybody have experience with this brand?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd September 2022 at 22:49.
Old 2nd September 2022, 23:16   #9692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post

I am seeing a high selling brand called atomberg. Does anybody have experience with this brand?
I got this for my mom. She likes the blue lights and the extremely low noise of the fan.

This is the model: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 23:25   #9693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I got this for my mom. She likes the blue lights and the extremely low noise of the fan.

I've got 8 of them. Lovely ones but get the 1400 mm sweep. 1200 bit less.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 07:26   #9694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Has anyone used a washer-dryer combo?
I recently used the Chinese-made Bosch 8/5kg machine (also sold in India) at a service apartment overseas and it was surprisingly bad. Half the tub full of laundry (there was, admittedly, a pair of jeans) and a 5:30h cycle (cupboard dry selected) and they were still fairly damp.
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:26   #9695
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I recently used the Chinese-made Bosch 8/5kg machine (also sold in India) at a service apartment overseas and it was surprisingly bad. Half the tub full of laundry (there was, admittedly, a pair of jeans) and a 5:30h cycle (cupboard dry selected) and they were still fairly damp.

I am really surprised about this. I have used in home dryers for quite a few years in the US & I have also used both IFB & Haier dryers in India (cost around 15-20K). I have never had a dryer which couldn't dry fully within 2 to 2.5 hours.

A dryer is not something very complicated to get right. But we have multiple people here complaining about dryers which take twice the amount of time & also not dry fully.

I have used both dryers in India with & without the venting up tube but it still works fine.
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:51   #9696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am really surprised about this. I have used in home dryers for quite a few years in the US & I have also used both IFB & Haier dryers in India
Our Bosch standalone dryer in India works very well. It’s only this combination washer-dryer unit (single appliance for both) that is problematic. The 5:30h includes a cottons wash (max. 8kg) and a tumble dry (5kg). It’s possible we’ve done something wrong.
Old 3rd September 2022, 08:53   #9697
BHPian

Thanks for the low noise feedback. I will be trying out Atomberg. I just want to check if these blue light are always on, or is there option to keep them off (factoring in any possible sleep interference) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've got 8 of them. Lovely ones but get the 1400 mm sweep. 1200 bit less.
1400 mm is an interesting suggestion. Though, my current fans are 1200 mm, I sense this should cover the edges of the room more effectively. Let me try one.
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:09   #9698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just want to check if these blue light are always on, or is there option to keep them off (factoring in any possible sleep interference) ?

1400 mm is an interesting suggestion.
The LEDs can be switched off from the remote. Typically, I use them as pseudo nightlights for the unoccupied rooms like drawing, dining etc. Soothing effect.

1400 mm much better in my opinion. Wish I had bought them instead of the 1200 ones. However don't think they were available earlier though.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:47   #9699
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy a few BLDC ceiling fans (with remote) (online). I want to go with low noise fans.

In the past I had purchased a Superfan brand, but that was slightly noisy. Also purchased a Crompton bldc fan, that was less noisy.

Any recommended brand / models?

I have four atomberg fans.
Two of them are 1400 mm ceiling fans 2017
One 1200 mm ceiling 2018
One wall fan 2019
All have low noise.
No complaints with the ceiling fans so far. The wall fan of 2019 stopped working after 2 months. It was covered in warranty, hence got a free replacement. Been working smoothly ever since.
Hope this helps
ColAjayDrives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:58   #9700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
I have four atomberg fans.
One wall fan 2019
Can you share the link of the wall fan? Also, can anyone advise on a ventilating source for a low ceiling room? Cannot fit a exposed ceiling fan - any good quality recessed / enclosed fans available? Floorspace also limited and hence a tower fan is not ideal either.
Old 4th September 2022, 17:33   #9701
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the link of the wall fan? Also, can anyone advise on a ventilating source for a low ceiling room? Cannot fit a exposed ceiling fan - any good quality recessed / enclosed fans available? Floorspace also limited and hence a tower fan is not ideal either.
Atomberg Efficio+ Energy Efficient 400 mm 3 Blade Wall-Mounted Fan*with remote*(White, Pack of 1) https://amzn.eu/d/jeJ2Ysk
Unavailable currently though
deep_blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 18:27   #9702
Senior - BHPian

I have installed 4 Atomberg fans of Studio+. It has been a mixed fare so far. This may be one off case with me.
Two fans had issues within the first month. The customer service is good with timely resolution.
One of the fan had an intermittent noise which was traced to a free wire. The executive who attended this was of the opinion that installation was wrong. He even went on to check everything possible but was unable to resolve. Finally the fan had to be opened and was traced to a loose wire.. But on questioning about the loose wire , he dropped the issue.
Another fan had an issue with the PCB which was replaced the next day.
I am not convinced how the fans failed at such short time or passed through the QC desk at the plant. And for now I have put the other upgrades on hold.
unk9ja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:38   #9703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want only ventilation and standard exhaust fan will do, but you have to cut an opening in the wall. Otherwise there are two options
. Get a cieling fan with the smallest extention rod. Many fans can be mounted directly.
. Install a grill just below the fan - similar to that used in table or pedestral fans.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:16   #9704
BHPian

I was recently tasked by my wife to get her a new mixer/grinder. After a bit of research online I asked my friendly neighborhood juice-wala since he has bunch of blenders which are heavily used. He suggested a relatively unknown (to me) brand Sujata. I did some research and found that many people highly recommend Sujata Dynamix. Hence I purchased one from Amazon. Initial impressions are very good. Does a great job and the build quality is top notch with a Metal coupler.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-dynamixmixergrindernew.png  

JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 10:35   #9705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I was recently tasked by my wife to get her a new mixer/grinder. After a bit of research online I asked my friendly neighborhood juice-wala since he has bunch of blenders which are heavily used. He suggested a relatively unknown (to me) brand Sujata. I did some research and found that many people highly recommend Sujata Dynamix. Hence I purchased one from Amazon. Initial impressions are very good. Does a great job and the build quality is top notch with a Metal coupler.
We used to sell Philips domestic appliances sometime back, and one segment we gave up was the juice vendor segment. Sujata had a stranglehold there and all the juice dudes swore by it

So yeah good for them but for home use, Philips and Preethi sells and does better i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks