Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 20:23   #2626
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you check with JBL guys? They have an authorized showroom at Forum.
Was hoping I could source the adapter elsewhere, and not the showroom. I don't want to pay 1k+ for an adapter for the Sound-Dock that is not going to last more than a year. I just want something that will pull it along for a year, and then I shall get a new Dock.
Old 19th January 2012, 20:29   #2627

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Need new Washing Machine

After about a decade my LG Front Loader is finally threatening to give up the ghost. During this period we got the bearings changed, the door interlock microswitch, and the motor changed once each. We live in a hard water area so must have had an impact on the bearings.

We need a new machine - must be front loading. Advise please. Of course I am not going in for something like Miele (a Rolls Royce with a matching price tag).
Not sure if its late. I would also suggest Bosch which is available in stores now. They are pretty Good and reliable.
Old 20th January 2012, 09:21   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Is it safe to use my laptop's adapter for my Sound Dock?

Is there anywhere, where I could go and get the adapter repaired, or maybe replaced?
My advice would be not to use Lenovo adaptor for the Sound Dock, since the voltage levels are not the same. It may work in the short run, but may be detrimental to the health of the internal circuit.

Take your faulty adaptor to SP road and try to get it repaired, or buy another with same specifications.

If you are a DIY kind of person, open up the adaptor to see if some connection has become loose inside.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 11:51   #2629
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Not sure if its late. I would also suggest Bosch which is available in stores now. They are pretty Good and reliable.
Good idea, but I will have to check on the service. What makes me very suspicious of these guys is that at one time IFB was badged Bosch in the Gulf. I guess Reliance or Next should have Bosch.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:31   #2630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
My advice would be not to use Lenovo adaptor for the Sound Dock, since the voltage levels are not the same. It may work in the short run, but may be detrimental to the health of the internal circuit.

Take your faulty adaptor to SP road and try to get it repaired, or buy another with same specifications.

If you are a DIY kind of person, open up the adaptor to see if some connection has become loose inside.

Rohan
Thank you Rohan

That's the thing. I don't think I'll be using this Dock for too long. A year or so from now. So I want a temporary solution for now.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:56   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's the thing. I don't think I'll be using this Dock for too long. A year or so from now. So I want a temporary solution for now.
In that case, I would suggest that you open up the faulty adaptor yourself or take it to a nearby electronic repair shop.

The internal components of these adaptors almost never go bad. Most probably, its just a loose connection somewhere. If you can identify it and get is soldered back, the adaptor can be brought back to life at atmost no cost.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:57   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Good idea, but I will have to check on the service. What makes me very suspicious of these guys is that at one time IFB was badged Bosch in the Gulf. I guess Reliance or Next should have Bosch.
Chroma had Bosch. However they had only one classixx model in their display.
Old 30th January 2012, 18:14   #2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar

Chroma had Bosch. However they had only one classixx model in their display.
Some of my colleagues say Devi enterprise near ashoka pillar in bangalore have the BSH range. May be as mentioned in last post Reliance Digital also should them.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:37   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using electric table grills in their kitchen ? How's this one from philips :

Philips - Table grill Smooth and ribbed plate 2300W - HD4419/20 - Grills - Cooking - Household products
Old 5th February 2012, 01:25   #2635
BHPian

Quick question on convection microwave - I have a samsung 37 litre convection microwave and I want use the convection mode (for baking). But I see that the rollers on the bottom and on the side are made of plastic. Will these melt when I set something like 220 degrees on the oven ?
Old 5th February 2012, 12:33   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
Quick question on convection microwave - I have a samsung 37 litre convection microwave and I want use the convection mode (for baking). But I see that the rollers on the bottom and on the side are made of plastic. Will these melt when I set something like 220 degrees on the oven ?
Don't worry about it. The designers of the appliance must have ensured that anything that comes fitted inside the oven is expected to perform at the maximum temperature that the oven is capable of generating.

The customer / user of the appliance only needs to ensure that the utensils which they are using can endure the temperature.

Rohan
Old 6th February 2012, 14:58   #2637
Senior - BHPian

I tried searching this thread for some info could not find, hence the query.

I am looking for a Vaccum cleaner. Basically I need to understand what should be my judging criteria of a good vacuum cleaner. I will be using it for the dry service only hence should be for vaccum as well as blower purpose. Which are the good brands available in the market? My next door neighbour brought one from Eureka Forbes and is having issues regularly, dont want to end up like that.

Kindly advise.
Old 6th February 2012, 15:13   #2638
BHPian

Looking to buy either this: Flipkart: Prestige POTG 28 PCR RED: Otg OR Flipkart: Morphy Richards MR 24 R SS: Otg (a 28L one for 5300 from a local seller) Anyone here uses either of these two? Let me know what kind of difference can I expect. Does the prestige OTG comes with crumb-tray, tong, etc?

Let me know. Wife's B'day is in 4 days. She likes the Prestige one better only because of the red candy colour :P
Old 6th February 2012, 17:51   #2639
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Looking to buy either this: Flipkart: Prestige POTG 28 PCR RED: Otg OR Flipkart: Morphy Richards MR 24 R SS: Otg (a 28L one for 5300 from a local seller) Anyone here uses either of these two? Let me know what kind of difference can I expect. Does the prestige OTG comes with crumb-tray, tong, etc?

Let me know. Wife's B'day is in 4 days. She likes the Prestige one better only because of the red candy colour :P
My experience with Murphy Richards (not this product but others) is that their spare parts are far too expensive as compared to Prestige. And quality is not different.
Old 7th February 2012, 10:13   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post

I have Morphy Richards OTG and have been using it for the past year or so. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have not used Prestige OTG and can not give a comparison between these two.

Most Viewed