Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 12:39   #2686
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

He said... "Only Whirlpool had a special technique called the heater technology" This he says is an unique selling point of whirpool washing machines.
I think this salesperson is taking you for a ride. This is a standard feature on most of the modern machines. You can quickly compare the specs online.
A downside of using heater is the spike in electivity bill. You can probably quiz that salesperson on this
Old 20th February 2012, 21:41   #2687
BHPian

I was looking to buy a Washing Machine for my self and need some advice.
I have shortlisted on the following
Panasonic NA-F70H2 Top Loading Washing Machine
AND
Bosch WAG16260IN Front Loading Washing Machine
Is it worth going for Front Loading by paying a significant high amount for a family of two ?
Do we have any feedback on Bosch and its new range of exclusive machines ? I read they are imported directly from Europe and are of superior quality.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:41   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Is it worth going for Front Loading by paying a significant high amount for a family of two ?
Do we have any feedback on Bosch and its new range of exclusive machines ? I read they are imported directly from Europe and are of superior quality.
People swear by Bosch and the quality of their products. If I were you I would put my money on the Bosch and stay away from Panasonic at-least with washing machines.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:07   #2689
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
People swear by Bosch and the quality of their products. If I were you I would put my money on the Bosch and stay away from Panasonic at-least with washing machines.
Yes, Bosch is very reputed. In their early days IFB were the OEMs for the Bosch branded washing machines in the Gulf. So I will check out before going in for Bosch.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:17   #2690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
i was preferring the top loading option as i suppose it would be easier to operate for my parents since front loading will require them to bend much more. what do you say ?

also a sales person told me today that the front loading requires constant water supply and also consume more water as compared to top loader. So if the front loader was washing clothes and water supply stopped then the procedure will pause and will have to wait for water supply to resume. Whereas there is no such issue with top loader machine. please correct me if i'm wrong.

but he did say that the front loader washes better due to washer man style washing.
IMHO, a top loader would be more convenient for someone with back problems.

Top loader will use more water as compared to front loader.

Quality of wash will depend on various factors such as washing machine brand/model, detergent used, type of wash cycle/mode used etc. It would not be correct to generalise that top or front loading machine gives better washing results.

In my personal opinion, the biggest advantage of top loading machine is that it is possible to operate them without water supply (through the inlet of the machine). In case there is no water supply in the taps, top loading machine provides the option to fill water using a bucket. This may be cumbersome to do on a daily basis, but this feature may be useful in emergencies.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:23   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I was looking to buy a Washing Machine for my self and need some advice.
I have shortlisted on the following
Panasonic NA-F70H2 Top Loading Washing Machine
AND
Bosch WAG16260IN Front Loading Washing Machine
Quality of Bosch definitely unquestionable.

But Panasonis is also not new to Washing machines, hope people still remember "National" or "National Panasonic"(late 80's), those were the days on Videocon & some local top loaders but National Panasonic ruled the markets for their Washing machines(Green coloured).

I would say compare the features with the requirements and then make a call, I wouldnt pay more than 1.5 times of FL Vs TL.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 14:14   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Got a microwave oven as gift last week.
Though I have never been convinced that MW ovens are safe, I am wondering what to do now.
My wife doesn't mind using it at all, but how safe is it? Anyone using MW ovens for 10 years or more and still not having any health issues?

Sorry, this is kinda off topic here.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:23   #2693
BANNED

@rohan_iitk; As I had stated ages ago the choice of design has a strong country element:

Europe is Front Loader Territory (possibly due to the prevalence of washer-dryers).

US is Top Loader territory

Japan is Twin Tub territory.

So choose your own!! I am a great fan of Front Loaders. After the first 'lassi maker' in the mid 70's all my washing machines have been front loaders.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:01   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Though I have never been convinced that MW ovens are safe, I am wondering what to do now.
My wife doesn't mind using it at all, but how safe is it? Anyone using MW ovens for 10 years or more and still not having any health issues?

We have been using Microwave for the past 15 years with touch wood no health issues .
Its absolutely safe ( read it as Non Hazardous) if operated under the guidelines of the company Unless the microwaves leak, nothing really happens and today's machines are quite superior enough to auto stop on opening the door.
We have enough hazardous exposures in our day to day life due to pollution, eating habits, way of living that the harmful effect of Microwave is negligible provided it is not misused.
My advise : Cook some good food and enjoy
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:19   #2695
Team-BHP Support

My top loading full y automatic Samsung washing machine (WA80VAL) is not working.

It took in some water and then stopped. After that it refuses to do anything.

I switched off the mains and then restarted the machine.
When I do this, it would twist the tub a couple of times to determine the amount of water needed.

Even this action is not happening.

However all the lights and the behavior of the control panel in normal.
After a couple of minutes it shows error 4E. That means no water is available.

Its like the machine has hanged or something.

Does it have a master reset button?

Any tips would be highly appreciated.
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:35   #2696
BHPian

^^
Most probably your water inlet solenoid valve is faulty (Or may be the water sensor). It is not opening (or not sensing the presence of water) and the machine is reporting error.

Get it checked by service people.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 09:32   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
However all the lights and the behavior of the control panel in normal.
After a couple of minutes it shows error 4E. That means no water is available.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.
Since the machine seems to be waiting for the water through the inlet, you could try filling water in it using a bucket.

Once you have filled the necessary amount of water for the wash cycle, it would give beeps prompting you to close the lid.

After closing the lid, if the machine starts the wash cycle, it means that the problem lies somewhere in the water inlet path.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 11:15   #2698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Since the machine seems to be waiting for the water through the inlet, you could try filling water in it using a bucket.

Once you have filled the necessary amount of water for the wash cycle, it would give beeps prompting you to close the lid.

After closing the lid, if the machine starts the wash cycle, it means that the problem lies somewhere in the water inlet path.

Rohan
The sequence for this machine is:
1. Switch on the power and put clothes inside the tube.
2. Select the mode. (Quick Wash)
3. Press Start button.
4. The tub would turn left and right.
5. The required quantity of water is displayed. LED light for High, Medium, Low.
6. Water is taken in by the machine.

MY machine is stuck in step 4. It does not happen.

I also added water directly to see if the problem is with this. But does not help.

I have anyways called the Samsung Helpline. They have promised a technician would come in before 8PM.
Old 24th February 2012, 11:41   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

MW is a totally safe product and used by millions around the world.

The only leakage concern from the MW is from the door and that too if you or any road side electrician fiddles with it. But having said that let me also share that the microwaves disperse in the air and cause no harm beyond 1 ft of distance.
Old 24th February 2012, 14:26   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The sequence for this machine is:
4. The tub would turn left and right.

MY machine is stuck in step 4. It does not happen.
In my Samsung top loading washing machine (Silver Nano), step 4 does not happen. The tub starts moving only after it has been filled with water.

If the tub is not moving when expected in your machine, then it is serious.

How old is the machine ? Please do update after technician visit.

Rohan

Most Viewed