Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 13:20   #2806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

I wonder if it is worth putting a heavy slab on top of the machine?

Parryware service news:

Some months ago, one of our toilet cisterns developed a huge crack. We thought of some sort of resin repair, but called Parryware to find out the cost of a replacement. The service man came, and told us that it has 15 years warranty, and the only charge would be fitting charge! The bad news was that the dark blue, matching our decor, was no longer available and there was no stock, so we asked for light blue.

It took a long time, but, about a month ago, a truck arrived to deliver the part and ...it was cracked. Yesterday, all's well that ends well, the replacement arrived, and so did the engineer. We now have a mix'n'match toilet --- and we are rather pleased with the unique look!

Keep all your bills for Parry's stuff. We have a couple of broken toilet sprays. The guy (who has visited our house several times over the years) told us, if we have the bills, they will replace, but we could not find them.

The Home Appliance thread-loo.jpg
Old 17th March 2012, 20:37   #2807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wonder if it is worth putting a heavy slab on top of the machine?

Doubtful. This is essentially a function of level playing field. Ugh oh. A level base for the machine, and legs which stay level. I guess the adjustable legs might have moved a bit. Alternative would be to introduce a "lock" nut - like they hae in some mechanical devices.

Nice to know that Parry's have a warranty system which works.
Old 26th March 2012, 00:32   #2808
BHPian

Hello BHPians.... need some help again in shortlisting my new Washing Machine.
Today I visited a LG showroom and came to know about this wonderful product LG-F8086LDP. A 5.5 KG Direct Drive Front Loading one and the best part which I liked about it is its just 17 inches thin as compared to 22 inch other machines. Can you please tell me any reviews about the same ? I read about it in this thread but it was before a year. Any idea about a good price ? I have been told 23k ( pre budget rise) in Bangalore but it seems it is the new price after the rise ?
This also added to my confusion as i started its comparison with Bosch WAG16260IN which I had shortlisted and costs nearly the same. What I like about Bosch is the brand and quality promise however the con is that it fits exactly in the space provided by builder (23 inches) and there exists a risk of tumbling during rinse/spin cycle.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:13   #2809
BANNED

I bought an LG F1256NDP5 only last month. It is 6kg DD and even shallower 440mm against 480mm for the 8066. We are quite happy with it - but not with Reliance Retail service.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th March 2012 at 13:07. Reason: Changed to 440mm
Old 26th March 2012, 10:50   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello BHPians.... need some help again in shortlisting my new Washing Machine.
Today I visited a LG showroom and came to know about this wonderful product LG-F8086LDP. A 5.5 KG Direct Drive Front Loading one and the best part which I liked about it is its just 17 inches thin as compared to 22 inch other machines. Can you please tell me any reviews about the same ? I read about it in this thread but it was before a year. Any idea about a good price ? I have been told 23k ( pre budget rise) in Bangalore but it seems it is the new price after the rise ?
This also added to my confusion as i started its comparison with Bosch WAG16260IN which I had shortlisted and costs nearly the same. What I like about Bosch is the brand and quality promise however the con is that it fits exactly in the space provided by builder (23 inches) and there exists a risk of tumbling during rinse/spin cycle.
I think you mean 8068LDP which is the one listed on the LG website.

This month I purchased the 1056LDP which is similar to the one you mention just with 1000RPM instead of the 800 and a changed (time remaining) LCD display. The dimensions are the same as well.

This is my first washing machine and I am rather happy with it so far - almost no noise (except in the spin cycle at high RPMs) and the clothes come out MUCH cleaner than when hand-washed by my maid. Overall, I liked the build quality as well and it has the DD inverter motor which is kind of what swung the decision in favor of LG.

FYI...I bargained and got it at 24.5K from one of the Girias in Bangalore...
Old 26th March 2012, 11:09   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post

This month I purchased the 1056LDP which is similar to the one you mention just with 1000RPM instead of the 800 and a changed (time remaining) LCD display. The dimensions are the same as well.

This is my first washing machine and I am rather happy with it so far - almost no noise (except in the spin cycle at high RPMs) and the clothes come out MUCH cleaner than when hand-washed by my maid. Overall, I liked the build quality as well and it has the DD inverter motor which is kind of what swung the decision in favor of LG.

FYI...I bargained and got it at 24.5K from one of the Girias in Bangalore...
Wow.. I'll have to check out at Girias as well.. Do you face any problem of the WM walking/strolling during spinning ? I asked it as the machine is quite sleek as compared to other front loading & I have limited platform space so there exists a risk of falling
Old 26th March 2012, 11:19   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Wow.. I'll have to check out at Girias as well.. Do you face any problem of the WM walking/strolling during spinning ? I asked it as the machine is quite sleek as compared to other front loading & I have limited platform space so there exists a risk of falling
Till now (after about 15runs), I have noticed no walking/strolling. I have kept it in a balcony with unpolished tiles.
If the load is less, the machine hardly vibrates even on high RPMs. I noticed it vibrating noticeably only once when I had put in clothes till about 80% of the drum height. I think the recommended load is till 60% of the drum height.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:51   #2813
Senior - BHPian

I was gifted a refrigerator and it is lying idle for a few months. How long is it safe to keep it idle?

PS: My 1995 Godrej cold gold is still doing great duty.
Old 26th March 2012, 12:08   #2814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I bought an LG F1256NDP5 only last month. It is 6kg DD and even shallower 440mm against 480mm for the 8066. We are quite happy with it - but not with Reliance Retail service.
I goofed putting in the wrong number 400.

If any mod reads this please correct and delete this post. Yes, this is 1000 rpm which is a big plus.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:24   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Today, after several phone calls, Mrs G was told, "Most people buy 5kg machines; you bought 7Kg. We don't have a hose in stock."

LG: not next time.
Please mention the model number of the machine. is it the Direct Drive series?

Quote:
Today I visited a LG showroom and came to know about this wonderful product LG-F8086LDP. Any idea about a good price ? I have been told 23k ( pre budget rise) in Bangalore but it seems it is the new price after the rise ?
This also added to my confusion as i started its comparison with Bosch WAG16260IN which I had shortlisted and costs nearly the same.
I was looking at the exact same model at BigBazaar. Price 23990. But i have exchange coupon which will give me 10% discount so final price Rs 21600.
Is it a good buy?

Quote:
I think he means it is the LG f8068ldp as mentioned on LG website.
LG F8068LDP Front Load Washing Machine - 5.5 Kg, Direct Drive Motor, Baby Care, Rinse Hold, Crease Care, Intensive Wash, Child Lock, Medic Rinse - LG Electronics IN

Quote:
I bought an LG F1256NDP5 only last month. It is 6kg DD and even shallower 400mm against 480mm for the 8066. We are quite happy with it - but not with Reliance Retail service.
Would you recommend i get the f8068ldp from the same series at Rs 21.6k ?

PS: I thought Bosch is really expensive and starts around 30k. If bosch costs the same then wouldn't it be a better choice? Any Idea on availability in chandigarh?
Old 26th March 2012, 14:17   #2816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please mention the model number of the machine. is it the Direct Drive series?
Yes, it is direct-drive:F1256QDP5.

After reading recent comments, I think I restrict to a half load visually.

Even if within the weight limit, a stuffed washing machine does not wash well, anyway.
Old 26th March 2012, 15:21   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
I goofed putting in the wrong number 400.

If any mod reads this please correct and delete this post. Yes, this is 1000 rpm which is a big plus.
1256 is actually 1200RPM which is even better.

I would say that 1000RPM should be better than 800RPM - I believe the spin speed is responsible for the drying of the clothes. In a place like Bangalore with comparatively lower humidity - I think 1000RPM is nice and 800RPM might suffice too.
In a place like Calcutta/Chennai, I guess the 1200RPM would come to good use.
Old 26th March 2012, 15:41   #2818
BANNED

Bosch wants to charge a premium for the German label. The original Bosch WMs in the Gulf were rebadged IFBs.

I paid about 27.9k (after a Rs.1500 buy back) for my 1256. The F8068DP should also be Ok. If you were in a coastal area I would have said that 1000rpm is a big plus. the 1000rpm models go to 1000 only in the Cotton setting!

Last edited by sgiitk : 26th March 2012 at 15:49.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:42   #2819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1256 is actually 1200RPM which is even better.

I would say that 1000RPM should be better than 800RPM - I believe the spin speed is responsible for the drying of the clothes. In a place like Bangalore with comparatively lower humidity - I think 1000RPM is nice and 800RPM might suffice too.
In a place like Calcutta/Chennai, I guess the 1200RPM would come to good use.
In Chennai we have more than ten months of hot sunshine. I would spin at 1200 if I needed to dry something really fast, maybe by ironing it dry. I don't bother to use over 800, and the sun does the rest in a few hours.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:40   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Bosch wants to charge a premium for the German label. The original Bosch WMs in the Gulf were rebadged IFBs.

I paid about 27.9k (after a Rs.1500 buy back) for my 1256. The F8068DP should also be Ok.
I think it was the other way round. I think on launch some 15-18 years ago, IFB used to import Bosch machines and label them IFB. I have a 15 year old IFB Executive which was great for the first 10 years or so. (maybe one or two minor repair visits were required).
We were so happy we recommended our relatives to buy IFB, but then the quality became bad. Newer machines started giving problem very soon and the quality of service became atrocious. I have been frustrated with IFB service for a long time. That is the reason im thinking of a new machine. When its working it works fine, but everytime there is a minor problem i get nightmares thinking that i will have to deal with IFB service personnel. It is just as bad if you take AMC or not.

Quote:
In Chennai we have more than ten months of hot sunshine. I would spin at 1200 if I needed to dry something really fast, maybe by ironing it dry. I don't bother to use over 800, and the sun does the rest in a few hours.
I agree with this, i dont think using a higher spin speed is an efficient way of drying. It would waste too much electricity and the clothes would get more wrinkled. I have a 15 year old IFB which spins at 700rpm and the clothes come out in a state where they get dry within an hour in the sun. If i do need to dry a particular piece quickly i can always use a hot iron.

So, Would you advise against LG washing machine then? On most other places ive heard good reviews about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks