Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 13:31   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Need new Washing Machine

After about a decade my LG Front Loader is finally threatening to give up the ghost. During this period we got the bearings changed, the door interlock microswitch, and the motor changed once each. We live in a hard water area so must have had an impact on the bearings.

We need a new machine - must be front loading. Advise please. Of course I am not going in for something like Miele (a Rolls Royce with a matching price tag).
I too have had good experience with my LG front loader. it is still serving after 11 years without a single problem. Only once I had called the service engineer long while back (maybe 6 years back). Only minor issue which was fixed in 5 min. I don't even remember the issue.

I vote for LG FL machine. Go for it and you will never regret your decision.
Old 13th January 2012, 13:34   #2612
Senior - BHPian

Juicer

Does anyone here use a centrifugal juicer (only juicer)? If so, which one is good. I had a look at Philips and found that the MRP of the 750 watt one is Rs. 9495. Is this worth that much? I see that Havells has a model with a citrus press attachment. Any idea about Havells products such as these - about their quality and customer service.

Havells Juicer
Philips Juicer
Old 13th January 2012, 13:41   #2613
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I vote for IFB washing machine. I bought IFB front loading washing machine and its the 6th year now, still going strong without any need for even minor repair till date from the day i purchased.
I was one of the first to buy an IFB c.1985. However, their service is atrocious to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If you read through the back pages of this thread, the maximum complaints have been about IFB quality of machine and also after sales service. May be it was good 6 years back, but recently people have complained about problems and also service.

I have a LG washing machine - in it's 7th year now. Had to call LG service twice. Once the problem was because of my misuse. 2nd time a electronic part had worn off (cost Rs 45). Both times the LG people arrived within a day & total cost including visiting charges was under Rs. 200.
Agreed. I also got excellent service from LG. Samsung used to be good till they outsourced it. The way it looks it will probably be another LG!
Old 16th January 2012, 14:15   #2614

What are the major differences between these LG washing machines - F1068LDP (~20K) and F1056LDP (~24K)? The LG website comparison is not very helpful and a few stores that I visited (they all had the 1056) were none the wiser.

Have shortlisted the 1056 but am wondering what the compromises are in the 1068 and whether they can be lived with.

Thanks is advance.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:24   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think the difference between Samsung and LG is between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, i.e. zilch. So go for either, and you will regret after a fortnight that why did I not get the other!!
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If you read through the back pages of this thread, the maximum complaints have been about IFB quality of machine and also after sales service. May be it was good 6 years back, but recently people have complained about problems and also service.

I have a LG washing machine - in it's 7th year now. Had to call LG service twice. Once the problem was because of my misuse. 2nd time a electronic part had worn off (cost Rs 45). Both times the LG people arrived within a day & total cost including visiting charges was under Rs. 200.
+1 to what Carboy said.

We have an IFB dishwasher and LG washing machine. Both run without any problems. But there is a huge difference where service is concerned and this is the only one which tilts the scales in LG's favor. IFB people do not turn up for free services at all. LG people respond immediately and spares are cheap too.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:23   #2616
BHPian

Guys, has anyone purchased appliances from Glen India ?

We're looking for a large capacity oven to cater for food warming and cooking when more than 10 people come over for parties and Glen India has a 98ltr capacity going for 57k .
The other option I have is KAFF 100ltr capcity for 1Lac ! .

The problem with the 2ft(53ltr) ovens is not more than 2 dishes can be kept in them and only 1 dish can fit if the dish height is above 3inches.

The net brings out names like ELICA, KAFF, GLEN INDIA and no other for large size built in ovens.

cheerio!

Arun

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 19th January 2012 at 11:25.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:11   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMate View Post
What are the major differences between these LG washing machines - F1068LDP (~20K) and F1056LDP (~24K)? The LG website comparison is not very helpful and a few stores that I visited (they all had the 1056) were none the wiser.
I bought 1056LDP, while inquiring i remember sales person was telling, with 1068 is only with regard to display. 1056 has the display and time remaining. I did not observe 1068, so i cant tell what is the display system.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:23   #2618
BANNED

@absynthguzzler; Why not take a look at the professional stuff. I hear Kanteen is a popular brand in the trade.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:51   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
I bought 1056LDP, while inquiring i remember sales person was telling, with 1068 is only with regard to display. 1056 has the display and time remaining. I did not observe 1068, so i cant tell what is the display system.
+1 it 1068 just have indicators. 1056 have some info display. Bargain hard and try to get 1056 for 20-21K
Old 19th January 2012, 15:27   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys, has anyone purchased appliances from Glen India ?

We're looking for a large capacity oven to cater for food warming and cooking when more than 10 people come over for parties and Glen India has a 98ltr capacity going for 57k .
The other option I have is KAFF 100ltr capcity for 1Lac ! .

The problem with the 2ft(53ltr) ovens is not more than 2 dishes can be kept in them and only 1 dish can fit if the dish height is above 3inches.

The net brings out names like ELICA, KAFF, GLEN INDIA and no other for large size built in ovens.

cheerio!
Arun
Are you looking for Gas/Electric Ovens, or just food warmers.

We have a BPL gas range and the oven part is 2' x 2' x 2', I can easily fit a
20" x 18" vessel, or a whole lot of smaller ones.

Top View
The Home Appliance thread-muttondum17.jpg

Inside
The Home Appliance thread-31102011016.jpg

Similar ones from Kaff and others are available for between 40K and 80k

http://compareindia.in.com/specifica...-k-lg-90/59972
http://compareindia.in.com/specifica...-k-lg-60/59962

Last edited by Aroy : 19th January 2012 at 15:31.
Old 19th January 2012, 16:54   #2621
Team-BHP Support

I have a strange query.

I wasn't sure where to post this query, so I will post it here.

I'd bought this JBL iPod Sound Dock from about 6k, back in 2007. It was being phased out back then, and I got a pretty sweet deal on it at this electronic-store in Mota-Royal-Arcade. It served me very well and delivered astonishing sound for its size. I was very pleased with it. I use it nearly every day and I've become very attached to it.

Recently though, the fat adapter that it came with conked off. And I was very upset, naturally. And then I realized that my laptop's adapter can be connected to it and it works just fine.

I'm confused though. Is it okay to use my laptop's adapter for the Sound Dock?

JBL Dock Adapter:

Input: 230V
Output: 18V

Lenovo Power Adapter:

Input: 100-240V
Output: 19V

Is it safe to use my laptop's adapter for my Sound Dock?

Is there anywhere, where I could go and get the adapter repaired, or maybe replaced?
Old 19th January 2012, 17:07   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Just another data point against IFB. So gurgaon has these crazy power fluctuations because the power goes and the generator kicks in. Apparently my friend's 1 year old IFB machine couldn't handle it, and the front door got locked in. Despite the machine being under warranty, the door was not covered (had lesser warranty or such) and so she had to spend 1500 on the door. AFTER a week of calling & chasing the service center.

/yes the clothes being washed were still stuck inside.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:28   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I'm confused though. Is it okay to use my laptop's adapter for the Sound Dock?

JBL Dock Adapter:

Input: 230V
Output: 18V
n

Input: 100-240V
Output: 19V

Is it safe to use my laptop's adapter for my Sound Dock?
Check not just output voltage but also the output wattage (in W) and the current (in mA) of both adapters and if that matches, you can use the adapters interchangeably IMO.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:36   #2624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Check not just output voltage but also the output wattage (in W) and the current (in mA) of both adapters and if that matches, you can use the adapters interchangeably IMO.
On the Dock adapter, it says 50Hz and 194mA

On the laptop adapter, it says 50-60Hz. The current isn't mentioned.

Still confused!
Old 19th January 2012, 20:05   #2625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Is there anywhere, where I could go and get the adapter repaired, or maybe replaced?

Did you check with JBL guys? They have an authorized showroom at Forum.

Most Viewed