Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 21:43   #2596
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Bought a LG 5.5KG direct drive front loading WM (1068LDP) for 19.5K about 2 weeks ago. Used daily. Very satisfied till now. A giant leap forward from the semi-automatic that we were using for last 20 years ,3 machines in 20 years.

I bought my first semi automatic washing machine in 1992, it was a 6KG Onida washing machine with fiber glass body. Still doing duty in my parents house. Drier motor changed once and some small pipes etc twice or thrice. Used 2-3 times a week. Still looks like new, thanks to the fiber body!

2nd one was a 6.8KG Samsung. Used for 8 years, everyday (sometimes twice in a day). Had extended warranty of 5 years. Drier motor changed twice within the warranty period. Still doing duty but showing signs of age. Body is rusted. The electronics shop was offering Rs. 500 for it while purchasing the new machine. Declined and kept as standby.
Old 5th January 2012, 09:00   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I am extremely satisfied with my IFB front load, but I have heard horror stories of service outside NCR. From what I have read, LG direct drive seems to be the best.
Aroy, IFB's after sales service sucks big time in Bangalore as per many retailers like Reliance Digital, Chroma, Unilet and Adhishwars.

Am looking at 8Kg capacity WM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@2500CC

Stay away from IFB, As Aroy suggested LG Direct Drive is the best bet. We have around 6-7 LG machines in our friends circle and do not face any problem.period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Bought a LG 6 kg front loading washing machine (1256NDP) about ten days back from Reliance. Have other products in the home from both LG & Whirlpool & neither has disappointed on the service front till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
We bought a samsung last month for my mom. Best fit and finish in the top loading <15k variety. Bought the 82BSL for 12700 cash.

whirlpool/LG have good enough service but didnt like their TL machines in that budget. even panasonic was nice but doubts on service given it was for mom made us ditch it
Most of the retailers are telling that Samsung, LG and Onida offer the best after sales service, I have personally experienced Onida for the last 12yrs and no complaints.

As of now I have shortlisted Samsung Wobble Wash (WA90BWQEH) and LG (WF-T1021PFRV). LG is not Direct drive as it is on the expensive side.

So now stuck in between these two.

Since I lost my Credit card, waiting till this weekend for the purchase.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 5th January 2012, 09:42   #2598
BANNED

I think the difference between Samsung and LG is between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, i.e. zilch. So go for either, and you will regret after a fortnight that why did I not get the other!!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 11:25   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think the difference between Samsung and LG is between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, i.e. zilch. So go for either, and you will regret after a fortnight that why did I not get the other!!
LOL fully agree. i liked samsung's build and even their buttons to be simpler.

Whirlpool's customer service? Ask me, we own one - the other day we ended up drowning the timer switch due to our mistake - called at 0930, the engineer called at 1035 and was at our home by 1100 hours.

The mechanic cleaned the switch and asked us not to change it but we were paranoid and got it changed anyway. He was back at 1300 hours with the exact part.

I'm sorry but whirlpool service is unnecessarily pooh-poohed without reason.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:12   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Eureka Forbes sales guy was pestering us for a demo - so we asked him to come over last evening though we were not really interested in buying a vacuum cleaner.
He demoed a large 6KG heavy machine (this one) which looks like a droid from Star Trek days.
The cost of this machine was a little under Rs. 11,000. I was shocked when he said he is able to sell 18-20 pieces each month.

I was actually surprised to see the cost of this and the other machines (most were upward of Rs. 8000).
We still have the older model in our other home and that one was around Rs. 4500 and maybe about 8-10 years old.

Getting such a big thing out every time to clean the house was not a concept that my family would agree with.

Last edited by S_U_N : 5th January 2012 at 16:16.
Old 11th January 2012, 08:51   #2601
BHPian

Hi guys. My wifey planning to buy induction. We are totally clueless about the brand (except prestige) and best features. If anyone has any experience buying induction or any special offers going on, please suggest the brand to go for and offers going on!
Old 11th January 2012, 12:17   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hi guys. My wifey planning to buy induction. We are totally clueless about the brand (except prestige) and best features. If anyone has any experience buying induction or any special offers going on, please suggest the brand to go for and offers going on!
From the feedback (I dont own one), Pigeon is better than others.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:48   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys. My wifey planning to buy induction
I had bought TCL 2029A. Have been using it since Aug 14th 2011. For our style of cooking our 14kg LPG cylinder used to last for 3 months has now being going on for 5 months (changed on Aug 11, 2011). Monthly increase in electricity bill has been to the tune of 15-20 units.

One important thing that I was not aware of when I bought mine was the cooking surface area. Basically under the hood of the device is a circular ring which heats the utensil. Bigger the ring better is the heat spread. On the flip side bigger the ring larger will be your smallest utensil that need to be used. In the model that I have, the ring is about 4inch in diameter. How do i know this? When we heat water at highest temperature, we can see the bubbles forming in a 4 inch diameter ring.

For the utensils, most of our non stick and aluminum things were not compatible. Had to buy a few heavy bottomed SS utensils and a couple of cast iron pans.

Avoid prestige at all costs. Have read quite a few reviews where the glass top broke off in few months time.

Regards,
amohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:58   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone has any experience buying induction or any special offers going on, please suggest the brand to go for and offers going on!
Pigeon is better than Prestige.

Edit: @arsudarsan - may be you are lucky!

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th January 2012 at 13:08.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 13:05   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Pigeon is better than Prestige.
Strange I found it the other way, my Pegion lasted for a year while Prestige has been going strong for a year and half.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:31   #2606
BANNED

Need new Washing Machine

After about a decade my LG Front Loader is finally threatening to give up the ghost. During this period we got the bearings changed, the door interlock microswitch, and the motor changed once each. We live in a hard water area so must have had an impact on the bearings.

We need a new machine - must be front loading. Advise please. Of course I am not going in for something like Miele (a Rolls Royce with a matching price tag).
Old 13th January 2012, 11:57   #2607
BHPian

Purchased LG -1056 (Front loading) Direct dirve-5.5 kg with rotory knob and display, Very satisfied for last 15 days, machine is heavy and quiet.The noise levels are very low.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:07   #2608
Senior - BHPian

My friend purchased Prestige induction stove, which conked off in a few months.

Also, Prestige doesn't provide service at your place. You need to carry it to their service centre.

Rohan
Old 13th January 2012, 12:19   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
We need a new machine - must be front loading. Advise please. Of course I am not going in for something like Miele (a Rolls Royce with a matching price tag).
I vote for IFB washing machine. I bought IFB front loading washing machine and its the 6th year now, still going strong without any need for even minor repair till date from the day i purchased.
Old 13th January 2012, 13:05   #2610
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I vote for IFB washing machine. I bought IFB front loading washing machine and its the 6th year now, still going strong without any need for even minor repair till date from the day i purchased.
If you read through the back pages of this thread, the maximum complaints have been about IFB quality of machine and also after sales service. May be it was good 6 years back, but recently people have complained about problems and also service.

I have a LG washing machine - in it's 7th year now. Had to call LG service twice. Once the problem was because of my misuse. 2nd time a electronic part had worn off (cost Rs 45). Both times the LG people arrived within a day & total cost including visiting charges was under Rs. 200.

Most Viewed