Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 20:25   #8761
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Planning to buy 4 door refrigerator ,with convertible option of turning oneside freezer to fridge. Currently samsung , whirlpool , voltas & haier has this particular model type . I was about to book samsung , however the SA suggested Haier which is almost 30k lesser for similar function and capacity ... Both come with 10 year warranty on compressor & fan motor . Never bought any haier products before ..

How good is Haier service network . Is this a good buy .. very confused .
Old 20th June 2021, 22:42   #8762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I was about to book samsung , however the SA suggested Haier which is almost 30k lesser for similar function and capacity
Samsung service is typically very good. I have had same day service a couple of times and normally next day in most cases. It is the rarely sold machines that have caused me some grief, eg a 24kg dual washing machine that i purchased from them. Apparently there are only a dozen of them sold in Chennai. Refrigerator service has been top-notch.
Old 21st June 2021, 06:15   #8763
BHPian

Service ? When a Salesman tries to force an unwanted Product on me and says "The Company gives a good Service" I coolly ask for a product of better quality that would need "No Service". Am I asking for too much?
Amrik Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 13:17   #8764
BANNED

Quote:
Never bought any haier products before ..

How good is Haier service network . Is this a good buy .. very confused .
My parents had a Haeir Fridge which lasted for around 11 years, I think. Service is also OK. The build quality is not as good as Samsung etc. When the service guy removed the freezer sides, the insides some cheap materials. But it never really made a difference - those places aren't really stressed much. The service network is decent. Parts availability may be a problem as your appliance becomes older. Since their volumes are much lower than Samsung etc, they don't have as many parts in stock like say Samsung for older models.
Old 21st June 2021, 13:42   #8765
BHPian

Quote:
Both come with 10 year warranty on compressor & fan motor . Never bought any haier products before ..
All compressor equipped products from almost all brands come with 10 years warranty, nothing special here.

Haier is a Chinese brand, so take you call wisely.

You can look at Bosch instead, Voltas (Tata) is also a long term reputed home grown brand for Ac and fridge.

Samsung? Well I don't think they have better product offerings compared to other competitors except display panels and SSD, personal opinion.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 21st June 2021 at 13:45.
Old 21st June 2021, 14:43   #8766
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Product wise LG has better specifications, space and availability. If you have a budget can go for LG. Bosch has slightly less options but would do the job well. Decide based on budget. You can't go wrong with either.
Bought the LG on Friday. Waiting for the installation guy to turn up.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-whatsapp-image-20210618-14.18.14.jpeg  

ike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:12   #8767
BHPian

Thanks folks for the feedback , decided to go with voltas , Since wife liked their layout compared to others and pricewise comparable to Haier . Also this comes with 12 years warranty on compressor & fan motor . Dont know why Samsung is almost 15 k more than whirlpool and 30kmore than voltas/ Haier .

Liked whirlpool also but most retailers dont stock the brand and online stocks are not available for the color we wanted .
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:33   #8768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Bought the LG on Friday. Waiting for the installation guy to turn up.
Could you please tell me the price and model number? I need one as well.
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:39   #8769
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Could you please tell me the price and model number? I need one as well.
This model LG website quotes 53,xxx. Amazon had it at 49,xxx but was not deliverable to my place. The local LG showroom sold it to me for 50,900. I got it in white however silver is there too at a premium of about 3.5k. That is a different model number.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:48   #8770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
This model LG website quotes 53,xxx. Amazon had it at 49,xxx but was not deliverable to my place. The local LG showroom sold it to me for 50,900. I got it in white however silver is there too at a premium of about 3.5k. That is a different model number.
Always better to buy such high value items via a local dealer and support them during these tough times with a small margin. Am sure they will support you in the time to come better than an ecomm store.

Do keep us posted on how you get along with the new dishwasher
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 01:02   #8771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Always better to buy such high value items via a local dealer and support them during these tough times with a small margin.
From my experience, Samsung large appliances ordered on amazon are delivered by the B&M Samsung stores from the local destination city (Vijay sales). This may not be the norm however.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:13   #8772
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
From my experience, Samsung large appliances ordered on amazon are delivered by the B&M Samsung stores from the local destination city (Vijay sales). This may not be the norm however.
It may be true for orders placed via the Samsung website. The store I got the dishwasher from said they deliver the orders places through the LG india website. The Samsung TV I ordered through Amazon a while back in Chennai was delivered by the Amazon large appliances team, so was a Bosch microwave.
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:46   #8773
Senior - BHPian

Time has come for the old and faithful Hitachi 3 door refrigerator to be retired coz its bulging beyond its capacity thanks to online shopping and pandemic. Looking for a fridge with min 450 lts capacity preferably bottom freezer mount types. Any suggestions.

The Hitachi fridge has 3 separate sections with separate pull outs for vegetable and freezer section. The capacity was 344 ltrs.

The budget is max 75K.
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:01   #8774
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Time has come for the old and faithful Hitachi 3 door refrigerator to be retired coz its bulging beyond its capacity thanks to online shopping and pandemic. Looking for a fridge with min 450 lts capacity preferably bottom freezer mount types. Any suggestions.

The Hitachi fridge has 3 separate sections with separate pull outs for vegetable and freezer section. The capacity was 344 ltrs.

The budget is max 75K.
Samsung website has some great deals on large refrigerators within your budget.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-fridge.jpg  

Last edited by ike : 23rd June 2021 at 18:03.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 17:53   #8775
BHPian

My five year old LG direct drive washing machine is rusting. Surprised by this as I thought washing machines are built to deal with water all the time.

There are rust bubbles seen in the front and side panel.

Otherwise running fine and no rust in the drum.

How bad could this be and what is the solution?
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_20210627_143917.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_20210627_143804.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks