Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:42   #8641
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Update on our Panasonic top loader:
Some ICU on the circuit board has conked out, and a capacitor blown off it's solder. No parts available to repair the board. Panasonic is asking 5k to replace the board. Trying options ... hope something comes up
As you are a DIY geek, you may look at https://getmyspares.com/ for the right spare. Or try your luck with the Universal top load washing machine PCB available at
https://shop2core.in/product/washing...chines-ym-500/
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:47   #8642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
So, if you are lucky, you can buy a used machine quite cheap and salvage the parts from it.
This model is not that old to get a used one cheap. A new part would be more cost effective.

@Illango, not sure -but will check
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:01   #8643
BHPian

Had a bad experience with Bosch service for dish washer. Our machine is 3 years old and we are getting E09 error. The heating element to dry the dishes seems to have gone kaput. My wife googled and found a so called authorized service center called India Service who came home and said the circulation pump with heater coil needs to be replaced. Cost would be 8600 and we paid and advance. He came home with the replacement today and i just checked out of curiosity and found it that the pump looked used and probably reconditioned. I started firing the service guy and he gave me his managers number. The guy claims he is not aware and will rectify. I then called Bosch toll free number and found out our service request is not registered and this guy is some independent service guy. Have now raised complaint with bosch direct and hope they fix it properly with genuine spares.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:16   #8644
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Had a bad experience with Bosch service for dish washer.
I wouldn't agree that Bosch is to blame for this. I have never used Bosch but for all other appliance companies, if I want authorized service, I always go to the Company's website, get their Customer Service number & place a service request on that number.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:20   #8645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I wouldn't agree that Bosch is to blame for this.
Agree with you and am investigating of he is truly an authorized service center. He claims he is and am working with Bosch customer care now to investigate.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:41   #8646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Had a bad experience with Bosch service for dish washer. Our machine is 3 years old and we are getting E09 error. The heating element to dry the dishes seems to have gone kaput. My wife googled and found a so called authorized service center called India Service who came home and said the circulation pump with heater coil needs to be replaced. Have now raised complaint with bosch direct and hope they fix it properly with genuine spares.
Bosch technicians come with company ID card and uniform in most cases. And I am not sure you can trust google search results for finding authorised service centers. Hence its always better to call the customer care directly for any such service requests. Most of these technicians never stick to a company and after initial training with the company, they will start doing work outside of the official process and end up doing such unofficial work to make some money for themselves, and once they are out of the company they hardly get access to genuine replacement parts. While the average joe can easily get fooled by such things, the moment you take a second look at the repair quality or the part quality you will know that there are corners cut.

Last year our Dishwasher had a failed inlet flow sensor. We had warranty and I raised a complaint with the customer care. It was attended to promptly by a technician from a franchisee but directed by the customer care, and they took 2-3 days to fetch the part and then it was a sealed and imported pack which was opened in my presence. The sensor which was a small PCB costed 2.6k and looking at that I immediately extended the warranty to whatever max period was available
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:43   #8647
BHPian

Quote:
This model is not that old to get a used one cheap. A new part would be more cost effective.
Model number, capacity?
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:21   #8648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Bosch technicians come with company ID card and uniform in most cases.
Turns out we have extended warranty and took us time to find the bill. We wont have to pay anything for this, though i paid and advance to an independent service center that my wife called via Google search.
The guy has come within two hours of calling Bosch customer care, am shocked. He said need to arrange the part and will take a few days.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:16   #8649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speaking of amazon basics products. I heard that these are basically good copies of much better products created by others. So some one creates a good product, even lists it on Amazon. And big bro sees the success of these products - so copies it. And the original company/person suffers. Chinese way by an american company.
Call it copying or white-labeling, but everyone knew this was happening. Now one company has openly called out amazon on its video
Jaguar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 14:01   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
As you are a DIY geek, you may look at https://getmyspares.com/ for the right spare. Or try your luck with the Universal top load washing machine PCB available at
https://shop2core.in/product/washing...chines-ym-500/
Hey, thanks! Have you ordered from these sites and what was your experience?
Old 7th March 2021, 11:26   #8651
BHPian

Has anyone used Home lockers from Godrej or some other brand?

My parents are Old now and keep forgetting where they keep their valuables. I was thinking of getting this locker maybe 15L one so that they can place the valuables in one place only.

We do have Bank lockers and most of the stuff goes there but then there are times when you need to keep some stuff at home for couple of weeks and don't want them to be worried about it as well.

Any suggestions? I see Godrej lockers have mixed reviews on Amazon.
Old 7th March 2021, 17:05   #8652
Senior - BHPian

We have used YALE for 10 years now. They're the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 19:48   #8653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post

My parents are Old now and keep forgetting where they keep their valuables. I was thinking of getting this locker maybe 15L one so that they can place the valuables in one place only.

We do have Bank lockers and most of the stuff goes there but then there are times when you need to keep some stuff at home for couple of weeks and don't want them to be worried about it as well.

Any suggestions? I see Godrej lockers have mixed reviews on Amazon.
We have a Godrej one and it works fine. Recently the batteries had died and had to replace after about 9 years. Otherwise there is not much to go wrong.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:28   #8654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Model number, capacity?
Hi Archat, sorry - was away for a few days in between.

It's a NA-F62G6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
As you are a DIY geek, you may look at https://getmyspares.com/ for the right spare.
No sir, am losing it :|
Getmyspares does not have the circuit board at all. Or may be I didnt find it.

Last edited by condor : 14th March 2021 at 14:36.
Old 15th March 2021, 10:03   #8655
BHPian

Had a really bad experience with an order from Amazon this past week. Lesson learnt. NEVER ORDER ANY BIG HOME APPLIANCE FROM AMAZON.

I ordered a Whirlpool 440L refrigerator from Amazon it was mentioned free home delivery and my address clearly mentioned that my home is in the 4th floor. Amazon doesn't deliver large appliances on their own and they had partnered with a delivery partner - Delhivery. The Delhivery guy was pestering for 1500-2000 and that he had only himself and van driver. I had told him that I will talk to customer care regarding that and the Delhivery guys just unloaded the fridge in my apartment complex and left. The delivery happened at 6PM in the evening. They were so unprofessional that they unloaded it horizontally instead of vertically and on the side of the package which was not to be on the floor during horizontal unloading. Worst service not delivering to customer and even worst service having buffoons who don't even know which side should a package be unloaded horizontally.

Amazon customer care was useless. Talked to customer care multiple times and to their supervisors as well but to no avail. The package with the packing materials won't fit inside the lift in our apartment and I asked them if I could open the packing and take only the fridge through the lift to my home by myself but they declined that it would not be returnable in that case if any issues with the fridge. The customer care will not call their delivery partner and ask them to properly deliver at my home.

I asked them for a return and refund but they mentioned it won't happen as per their policy. I asked them if Amazon follows policy now then they should have done home delivery properly as per their own policy. Very pathetic response from their customer care.

The worst part was passing the responsibility to me. They asked me to call Whirlpool customer care to arrange for moving the fridge to 4th floor at the time of installation/demo. Whirlpool customer care mentioned that they do only demo/installation and only Amazon was responsible for home delivery.

Amazon customer care then wanted me to arrange guys to move the fridge to 4th floor and that they would pay me 300 to my Amazon pay balance as per policy. They put me through the hassle of trying to find 4 guys who would do the shifting and somehow I managed to do it by around 11PM. Had to pay 800 to those 4 guys and Amazon won't even refund the balance 500 because as per policy, 300 was the max they would give.

Was a nightmare that trying to talk to Delivery guys who wont pick up and their customer care, Amazon customer care who were pathetic in response, trying to get 4 guys who could move the fridge upstairs and help them in moving. From now on whatever be the size of the product, I will go to nearby dealers or multi brand showrooms and try and get better deals and order from them instead of online portals. Very disappointed with Amazon that I have decided not to use Amazon much or even renew my Prime. Life will be much easier dealing with people in dealers or multi brand showrooms than some unknown person in customer care.

Post this episode, I came to know that Amazon won't even let users post negative reviews with actual pictures when I tried to post it. They filter out negative reviews and discard them. So the few negative reviews you see in Amazon can even be fake or just a few one line negative reviews added to not arose suspicions. They lost a customer today. For any emergency, I would order from Flipkart for small items.
whencut86 is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed