Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 18:48   #8701
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
3. ActiveX Savvy: Link
I am also using the Savvy for the last 2 weeks. I already had a normal digital scale.

Savvy built-wise looks good and weight measurement is accurate. The body composition analysis is also good in a way. I feel that it's a tad optimistic with body fat percentages, much like most fitness bands are with step counts.

Still, it serves the purpose and provides a lot of parameters that are within the ballpark.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:03   #8702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
But syncing with Google Fit has stopped for a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Still, it serves the purpose and provides a lot of parameters that are within the ballpark.
Do does the Savvy Scale not sync with Google Fit anymore?
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:11   #8703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need recommendation on a Digital Weighing Scale.

I checked Amazon briefly and found the following to be impressive:
1. Dr Trust 509 : Link
2. HealthSense Fitdays BS 171 : Link
3. ActiveX Savvy: Link

Looking forward to some recommendations based on the real world usage/experience that people have on this thread.
We are using the below scale from Healthsense for atleast 3 years. It is pretty accurate as long as it is placed on a flat hard floor.

https://www.amazon.in/Health-Sense-U...c%2C305&sr=8-5
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:15   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
For me, it does sync. I didn't bother to look before. The ActiveX app shows a lot of data while Google Fit shows only weight.

The Home Appliance thread-20210503_191408.png
atnyia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:29   #8705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Google Fit syncing was working and it has stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
For me, it does sync.
I had suspected few security patches might have affected the sync. Looks like that. Thanks for the information. Syncing with Fitbit is working.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 18:19   #8706
Senior - BHPian

Additional question on the same topic of weighing scales. I see that some are rechargeable and come with built-in Battery.

How reliable are these rechargeable ones - the units seem to be sealed ones. Has anyone managed to replace a battery on these in case the rechargeable battery dies out?
Old 6th May 2021, 18:57   #8707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Additional question on the same topic of weighing scales. I see that some are rechargeable and come with built-in Battery.

How reliable are these rechargeable ones - the units seem to be sealed ones. Has anyone managed to replace a battery on these in case the rechargeable battery dies out?
I would not suggest the sealed battery,aka, rechargeable ones. The normal ones used 2xAAA or 1xAA battery and they last an year easily if you use the duracell/premium cells.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:09   #8708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
We already have a Dyson V8+ Animal for the last 2 years, and very happy with it. While the V8 is great, I am loathe to spend 36K during these times!
We are facing an encouraging service experience with Dyson India. Our V8 Animal+ was just around 22 months old and the battery seemed to be weakening.

Got into a video call with them and troubleshooted for 30 minutes. In the end they agreed to replace the battery and the air filter under warranty. . Super happy and will certainly recommend Dyson to everyone.

The V8 especially is a handy size and not as heavy as the V11. No doubt the latter is superb, but the V8 is excellent for light usage.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 18:57   #8709
BHPian

Any feedback on washing machines with automatic detergent dispenser?

My LG front load washing machine is off late making squeaking sounds while washing. I suspect that it is the belt which we replaced a few years ago. The machine is 15 years old and am in two minds on whether to repair it or replace it.

In case I need to repair it, the new Bosch and Samsung washing machines with automatic detergent dispenser have caught my fancy. However, I am not able to find a lot of reviews about them online.

Has anyone had any experience using these automatic detergent dispenser models? Are they trouble free and reliable?
Old 31st May 2021, 19:27   #8710
BHPian

Samsung and German front loaders have their share of problems. In samsung the spider which supports the drum is of aluminum and fails prematurely. In the German machines the bearing is fixed to the drum. So even for a bearing change the complete drum has to be changed. LG is so far the most trouble free. I bought a 2nd LG front loader after first one started giving minor problems after 11 years of service and also I needed a larger machine.

The problems of Samsung and the Germans are documented somewhere in this thread.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 19:46   #8711
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Any feedback on washing machines with automatic detergent dispenser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
... ... ... the new Bosch and Samsung washing machines with automatic detergent dispenser have caught my fancy.
I don't understand: all front-loaders "dispense" detergent automatically --- by the simple means of running the water through the detergent tray. What have they changed?
Old 31st May 2021, 20:11   #8712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't understand: all front-loaders "dispense" detergent automatically --- by the simple means of running the water through the detergent tray. What have they changed?
So now, the liquid detergent/softener compartment just needs to be filled fully and based on the clothes condition, water condition - the machine automatically calculates the amount of detergent/softener required and dispenses them. So, we don't need to put in the correct amount of detergent/softener for each load in the dispenser compartment.

Similar to how rinse-aid is dispensed in the dishwasher but somewhat more advanced with usage of water hardness sensor and turbidity sensor.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:14   #8713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So now, the liquid detergent/softener compartment just needs to be filled fully and based on the clothes condition, water condition - the machine automatically calculates the amount of detergent/softener required and dispenses them. So, we don't need to put in the correct amount of detergent/softener for each load in the dispenser compartment.

Similar to how rinse-aid is dispensed in the dishwasher but somewhat more advanced with usage of water hardness sensor and turbidity sensor.
Now if only the machine could hang the clothes out for me to sun dry and fold them after…when’s that coming out… I can handle the detergent bit. Some of these advances just make no sense at all.and yeah, one more sensor to fail.

Last edited by Red Liner : 31st May 2021 at 20:16.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 22:27   #8714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the machine automatically calculates the amount of detergent/softener required and dispenses them. ... ... ... Similar to how rinse-aid is dispensed in the dishwasher but somewhat more advanced with usage of water hardness sensor and turbidity sensor.
OK, thanks for the tech update. I won't say this is entirely pointless. For one thing, I think that people generally put too much detergent. But is is not something I'll be looking for in my next washing machine.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 20:05   #8715
BHPian

Guys , I want to get the home inverter installed as rains are coming soon, and my locality has frequent power cuts lasting anywhere 10 minutes to 2 hours (never had more than that). What should be minimum requirements to power up 5 ceiling fans, and 5 LED Tube lights for upto 4 hours. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Also please suggest which brand's inverter and batteries are preferred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks