Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 10:09   #8656
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Anyone else have built in fridges in their home? I'm looking to buy a side by side fridge/freezer from Siemens. However the fridge is too small and to manage our needs I might have to buy two.

I see most of the larger units cost in excess of 5L which is really astronomical while the smaller units are 1-2L which is much more palatable. What I'm looking to get are these models.

https://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.i...ors/KI81RAF31I (2 units)

https://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.i...ers/GI81NAE31I

Any options are welcome.
Old 15th March 2021, 11:24   #8657
BANNED

I recently got Samsung French door refrigerator. This one to be specific https://www.samsung.com/in/refrigera...f60j9090sl-tl/

It has top portion as fridge and bottom two compartment for freezer. Good thing is the right bottom one can be converted as fridge section. So it provide good flexibilty.

I general, I like French door ones better than side by side refrigerator as they give more sense of space.
Old 15th March 2021, 12:10   #8658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Has anyone used Home lockers from Godrej or some other brand?

My parents are Old now and keep forgetting where they keep their valuables. I was thinking of getting this locker maybe 15L one so that they can place the valuables in one place only.

We do have Bank lockers and most of the stuff goes there but then there are times when you need to keep some stuff at home for couple of weeks and don't want them to be worried about it as well.

Any suggestions? I see Godrej lockers have mixed reviews on Amazon.
I had bought Navito Orion from Amazon, which is not there now. Am satisfied, especially the dimensions and storage size, which suited me the most.

The Home Appliance thread-20210315_112831.jpg

Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:18   #8659
Distinguished - BHPian

Update about our washing machine: we gave up on that one. 5K + service charges to repair the machine. So it was replaced with an IFB Senorita front loader.

Used ones are listed at about 6-7k on olx. Didnt see much value in a repair-and-sell.
Old 15th March 2021, 14:29   #8660
BHPian

Quote:
Using Godrej for 10+ years now, working well. Only service required was replacement of battery compartment, handled professionally by Godrej team.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:59   #8661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
... Life will be much easier dealing with people in dealers or multi brand showrooms than some unknown person in customer care.
Not necessarily. I have had a washing machine delivered by a drunkard who dropped it.

However, on the whole, I'd rather buy large appliances from a actual shop.
Old 18th March 2021, 10:35   #8662
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions? I see Godrej lockers have mixed reviews on Amazon.
I had one which I had used for nearly 6 years. A year or so back, it got locked due to some internal mechanical issues. Godrej technicians could not open it despite all their sincere efforts. Finally it had to be broken in, to the extent that it was rendered useless.
Prior to this incident, I had been a happy customer and had bought another one 'Ritz Bio' model from them, which I have been using for the last 2 years without any issues.
With the limited resources available to me, I could not find any other brand in India which I could comfortably say to be better than Godrej.
Had it not been for that internal mechanical wear and tear that killed my first one, there's nothing other than the requirement to change out the batteries when prompted to, that should bother you. And you do have a separate mechanical key as a last resort, if you go wrong with your passwords and things like that.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Sravan
skchettry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 11:46   #8663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I recently got Samsung French door refrigerator. This one to be specific https://www.samsung.com/in/refrigera...f60j9090sl-tl/

It has top portion as fridge and bottom two compartment for freezer. Good thing is the right bottom one can be converted as fridge section. So it provide good flexibilty.

I general, I like French door ones better than side by side refrigerator as they give more sense of space.
I have a Hitachi French door right now too. However I'm looking for an integrated solution this time for the new house where the fridges look no different than other kitchen cabinets.

In this style, it seems there are far fewer options available and everything is astronomically priced. The siemens ones are the only fridges I found that are within budget.

I bought Miele built in appliances (hob, chimney, microwave, oven, dishwasher, warming drawer) but their built in fridges/freezers cost north of 10lacs . Doesn't seem worth the dough when the Siemens ones are third of the price.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th March 2021 at 11:48.
Old 30th March 2021, 12:48   #8664
Team-BHP Support

Need a recommendation for a refrigerator with a bottom-mounted freezer compartment.

Any reviews of Whirlpool models?

Haven't fixed a budget yet, but would prefer to stay as close to 50k as possible.
Old 30th March 2021, 12:59   #8665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Need a recommendation for a refrigerator with a bottom-mounted freezer compartment.

Any reviews of Whirlpool models?

Haven't fixed a budget yet, but would prefer to stay as close to 50k as possible.
Check out Hitachi Solfege series. Ranges from 40-65k in various sizes, across offline and online stores. Two of my friends have bought it, and if your space management is good, it is the best refrigerator money can buy for its price.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 07:43   #8666
BHPian

My brother is in the process of buying a 550+ liter fridge. Only hassle is that the kitchen door width is 730mm. The last time I bought a fridge, it managed to get into my house without dismantling the fridge doors.

In case we zero down to a fridge whose width is above 730mm, is it advisable to ask the technician to dismantle the door before bringing it inside to its final location. We are not going for the water or ice dispenser type fridges, just a standard, simple two door affair. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
We have been using Godrej Safe for the past 12+ years. And except for battery change on regular basis, it has been a flawless ownership.
Old 31st March 2021, 11:07   #8667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post

In case we zero down to a fridge whose width is above 730mm, is it advisable to ask the technician to dismantle the door before bringing it inside to its final location.
That's what i had to do for my LG fridge. It was a fairly simple procedure and the technician was good enough to do a neat job.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:20   #8668
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Slightly off topic.
Does anyone know what happens to the appliances that are not sold ( in the shop or warehouse ). There would be 1000s of units across the country that have not been picked up by customers. Similarly on the display units. The Reliance near my house had some 30+ fridges of various sizes/brands in display.

The problem is acute these days with models being changed almost every 6-12 months and everyone wants the latest model immediately.

I rarely see any big discount/clearance sale for items that are unboxed but manufactured, say 1 year back.
Old 31st March 2021, 14:00   #8669
Senior - BHPian

I very seriously doubt people change their white goods every 6-12 months. TVs maybe, Mobiles very high chances.

That said, most of these are sold off to bulk buyers who either sell them off as second hand (good market) or sell it to scrap dealers.

A used fridge buyback would be some 1000 odd bucks and washing machines would be even cheaper than that.
Old 31st March 2021, 17:00   #8670
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was referring to the "unsold" inventory of last year models in the shops and warehouses. Not people changing the appliance after 12 months. Those are as good as new since they have not even been upacked.

In iPhone terms, what does Apple do with the unsold iPhone X/XR phones? They are now not available in the Apple store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks