Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:37   #8821
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It is better to get an old school WM with minimal electronics.

My earlier LG which even had a touch panel lasted for 12+ years with water on it daily. After 12+ years (5 years in my parents home & 7 years in mine), I junked it because the body started rusting - but no issues with the electronics at all. The newer one with inverter couldn't even go a year.

The LG mechanics said that none of the current LG WMs can survive being kept in the bathroom.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:38   #8822
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a combined washer dryer in London maybe thirty years ago. Things may have changed, but when the drier failed, the mechanic told me: "If you have a maintenance policy, we'll change it. Otherwise, removing the drier unit usually results in replacing the drum, and it is expensive, and better that you just live without it."

He told me that the drier components were the weak link in the machine/water relationship, and never lasted the life of the machine.

One thing that I don't think has changed is that the drying capacity of a washer drier is only half the wash capacity.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd July 2021 at 16:29. Reason: a word
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:21   #8823
BANNED

Folks
I got a new Fabre dishwasher yesterday and I feel the harsh chemical detergents are having an impact on my health immediately. I used the vim all-in-one tablets besides topping up the salts and after rinse liquid. The very smell of the tablet creates a strong reaction in me. I’ve been using herbal soap-nut based dishwash liquid for last few years with good results but the foaming types are unsuitable for machines.

Any recommendations for a herbal dishwash tablet, powder or liquid detergent usable in machines?
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:36   #8824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Folks
I got a new Fabre dishwasher yesterday and I feel the harsh chemical detergents are having an impact on my health immediately. I used the vim all-in-one tablets besides topping up the salts and after rinse liquid. The very smell of the tablet creates a strong reaction in me. I’ve been using herbal soap-nut based dishwash liquid for last few years with good results but the foaming types are unsuitable for machines.

Any recommendations for a herbal dishwash tablet, powder or liquid detergent usable in machines?
Sorry, but if the Vim Tab is All-In-One, then do you need the salt and after rinse liquid?

Try the bosch tablets. We use a siemens DW with Bosch tabs and haven't had any issues.
Old 24th July 2021, 18:06   #8825
BHPian

Has anybody used thes Anti Vibration Pads ? If so, are they really effective and worth ?

The Home Appliance thread-screenshot_20210724180003_amazon.jpg
Amrik Singh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 20:26   #8826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Has anybody used thes Anti Vibration Pads ? If so, are they really effective and worth ?

I have used these(https://www.amazon.in/Inspecial-Anti.../dp/B08BPCY9GS). Found them useless.

Most vibrations from drum are due to failed/failing shocks, bearing or scale build up in brackets. If you fix them sound would disappear on its own.
If washing is moving around (during start of spin cycle) on vitrified/ granite surface, Check leveling of machine using Spirit meter. I found using a normal noodle mat (cut in 4" X 4") gives a better stability on vitrified surface.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 21:20   #8827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Sorry, but if the Vim Tab is All-In-One, then do you need the salt and after rinse liquid?

Try the bosch tablets. We use a siemens DW with Bosch tabs and haven't had any issues.
The all-in-one tabs are not sufficient and it is recommended to keep the salts and rinse-aid loaded. I’ve tweaked the amount of rinse-aid to be dispensed to level1-2 (the lowest). I guess for now I will do a quick rinse/wash of all the cleaned utensils as I pull them out to use.
Old 26th July 2021, 08:03   #8828
Senior - BHPian

Our LG inverter fridge at my native place which is less than 1.5 years old already had a part replacement. A fan stopped working and had to spend Rs.2500 for its replacement as it was around 3-4 months out of warranty.

Compare that to our previous 1981 Hitachi fridge in which no major part was replaced in the close to 40 years that we used it. I guess we had to do some servicing around 10 years back and that was it. Feeling bad that it was given away in exchange for the new fridge.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:34   #8829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Our LG inverter fridge at my native place which is less than 1.5 years old already had a part replacement. A fan stopped working and had to spend Rs.2500 for its replacement as it was around 3-4 months out of warranty. .
Our LG 512 litre hasn't been any better. Less than 2 yrs, and it has already seen parts replacements. Even our old BPL 2xx litre fridge lasted 20+ years before we had to swap it. So another purchase was back to Godrej, our first brand.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:07   #8830
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Our LG inverter fridge at my native place which is less than 1.5 years old already had a part replacement. A fan stopped working and had to spend Rs.2500 for its replacement as it was around 3-4 months out of warranty.
Our LG 512 litre hasn't been any better. Less than 2 yrs, and it has already seen parts replacements. Even our old BPL 2xx litre fridge lasted 20+ years before we had to swap it. So another purchase was back to Godrej, our first brand.
After being a huge LG fan most of my life, I gave up on LG a year and a half back. I have written about my problems with my 2nd LG Washing Machine (the first one was phenomenal) a few times here. I had to junk it within 2 years. I am never buying an LG again in my life.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 14:45   #8831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was your LG made here in India or imported from Korea or Indonesia. I think lg Qcontrol does not stay standard from region to region.

Our made in Korea microwave still works after 18 years. But many others have complained that their made in India one conked off with 5 years. That’s the perception I have about lg products
Old 27th July 2021, 17:04   #8832
BHPian

Am looking for a built-in microwave with main requirements of heating, cooking, baking etc and don't mind if I get a grill along. After scouting all the brands right from LG, Samsung (both don't have built-in models), Bosch, IFB, Kaff, Glen, Elica, Faber I have shortlisted these two MWO (one of them is a combi which has grill also).

I am on a tight budet and looking at 30k+ models only -

https://faberkart.com/cooking-applia...pm-621-ss.html

https://www.ifbappliances.com/produc...liances/34blcl

I am a noob on the ovens and built-in appliances (this is the first MWO purchase for me) and had to google all through yesterday to know the difference between Ovens and MW . Appreciate inputs on these models and if anything else I have missed.

Thanks.
KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 27th July 2021 at 17:13.
Old 27th July 2021, 17:53   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Am looking for a built-in microwave with main requirements of heating, cooking, baking etc and don't mind if I get a grill along. After scouting all the brands right from LG, Samsung (both don't have built-in models), Bosch, IFB, Kaff, Glen, Elica, Faber I have shortlisted these two MWO (one of them is a combi which has grill also).

I am on a tight budet and looking at 30k+ models only -

https://faberkart.com/cooking-applia...pm-621-ss.html

https://www.ifbappliances.com/produc...liances/34blcl

I am a noob on the ovens and built-in appliances (this is the first MWO purchase for me) and had to google all through yesterday to know the difference between Ovens and MW . Appreciate inputs on these models and if anything else I have missed.

Thanks.
KK
Do you want to consider Whirlpool also?

The title and feature list says convection, but I am not 100% sure that these have fan based convection. Since these are models imported from Europe where a separate oven is typically used for baking purposes, please double confirm this.

Last edited by LobsterB : 27th July 2021 at 18:13. Reason: Caution about Convection
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:12   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The all-in-one tabs are not sufficient and it is recommended to keep the salts and rinse-aid loaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I would suggest to get the Finish tablets, though maybe more expensive they really are the best. Their website says you don't need to add salt or rinseaid when using these. Have been using these for years and years with absolutely no issues at all. We did try Fairy branded tablets once from Amazon, they worked fine too. But it was from a seller who had limited import stocks from the UK. Stick to Finish and you won't have any hassles.
Old 27th July 2021, 18:15   #8835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I would suggest to get the Finish tablets, though maybe more expensive they really are the best. Their website says you don't need to add salt or rinseaid when using these. Have been using these for years and years with absolutely no issues at all. We did try Fairy branded tablets once from Amazon, they worked fine too. But it was from a seller who had limited import stocks from the UK. Stick to Finish and you won't have any hassles.
I use the tabs given by Bosch. Just wondering if i should be using rinse aid along with the tab...anyway, got a bottle. shall try it out sometime this week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks